Kenrick Ellis Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Mar 26, 2012.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Twas sarcasm my friend

2. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

As twas mine, (but not really if yours wasn't.)

3. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Please please please let this be unadulterated sarcasm.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Slauson?

I think Wilkerson is going to be a really good player for us. What about DeVito? Ellis could still be a real good one. Ducasse could as well.

You never responded to my post about Jets draft picks from round 5-7 since Tanny started. Your comment here seems similar to the one I shot down with the one you never responded to.

5. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Most compelling arguments for ineptitude generally start off by saying that besides the time 5 years ago that was the last time Tanny actually invested a high pick on the OL and got the best Center in the game and a perennial top 10 LT he hasn't done anything.

Other than the times that he got productive linemen out of throwaway picks...and an extremely promising DE with the only other first rounder. Has he even drafted a bust for a lineman before the 5th round ever? Haven't we had arguably the strongest OL in the league on average during Tanny's tenure?

So tr00.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Could, would, might..let's see where they are in a couple of years..and really to be honest I was referring more to high level picks..so yes, Ducasse and Ellis I think will bust. Unfortunately all the money goes to high picks and they are the ones most remembered. I actually do think Wilkerson might be good but I am scared to death of Tannenbaum picking a lineman in the 1st or second round this year.

7. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I think we will see substantial improvements from Ellis and Vlad in 2012.

8. PolygamyWinsChampionships

So Tanny sucks at picking linemen because 2 unproven players that could would might bust may possibly not work out a couple years from now despite every other pick being somewhere between good and great, (including 2 perennial pro bowlers?)

This is actually getting better somehow.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well our D-line coach has coached up some beastly defensive lines in his day

Lets hope they can coach this guy up so he can get on the field

10. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Hopefully he will learn something from Pouha about clogging the middle. No one will run up the gut with an improved Ellis and Pouha. It sounds....magical

11. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

No offseason killed Ellis last year...next year will be a better year for him..wilkerson will blow up next year ..he was a solid pick up

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm looking forward to seeing Ellis next season. I think he'll be decent with a full training camp. Same thing with Vlad. They both got a raw deal last year. We have a lot of young guys just starting to come around. Next year is THE year.

13. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Apologies if I am repeating what someone may have already posted, didn't read all previous messages. Ellis looks promising, hes got size and strength. We will have to wait and see what happens with his trial which got pushed back to the summer. From what reports are saying he was acting in self defense/defending a friend. Hope everything works out for him.

14. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Im more interested in seeing how our #1 pick Mo Wilk progresses instead of Ellis.... This guy must have a shit ton of potential if Rex decided to draft him

#34 dmarz45, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm not even worried about Wilk. He is going to be a solid defender for years to come.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I've got a buddy who's a huge Gamecock fan. I asked him about Kenrick, and he said he's a mystery to Gamecock fans as well. They used to call him "Predator" because his Jamaican dreads made him look like that.

Maybe he should have gotten a Rastafarian exemption for the dope smoking.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Can you do e a favor -- which episode is your avatar from? I have a long-running group bet over whether any character in Arrested Development ever vaguely looks at or acknowledges the camera. But everybody's too lazy to watch all the episodes meticulously to find out.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If there are no OLBs in this years draft, does Rex get another D-lineman and go G-men (4-3)? That'd be one way to get rid of Bart.

19. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I really really doubt it... Rex is all about the 3-4. It's his football version of pretzel M&M's

20. LetsGoJets11

LetsGoJets11 New Member

And sexy rexy loves his peanut m and M's.