All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

What I hope will happen:
    [​IMG]

What will probaly happen:
    [​IMG]

2. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Sanchez has a career year. 64% completion percentage, 4200+ yards passing, 30 TDs, 10 INTs.

Tebow has a great year. Becomes a red-zone presence. 300 yds, 6 TDs rushing, 500 yds 4TDs passing.

Greene has an even better year. 1500 yds rushing, 12 TDs.

Jets go 13-3, win the division, get the 1 seed and win the super bowl.

3. JETlife14

JETlife14 New Member

I'm usually optimistic but I think this will be a disaster. I see Mark struggling under the pressure. Fans and Tebow maniacs calling for Tebow to start and Tebow gets the start by week 8. Tebow plays good like 2 first games then shitty the rest of the way and Mark plays last couple games of the season. 8-8 record.

4. GodDamnedSnack

Sanchez has the best year of his career. Split the series with the Patriots. Win Wild Card. Tebow becomes QB/TE allowing him to be on the field more without opponents knowing whats going to happen. He is used at QB about as often as Brad Smith used to be.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Um,just like every other year,your team played hard and was the talk for 5 games,then it just stopped. Same shit the Blue Jays ull every year,must be something in the water.

6. typeOnegative13NY

Really?How the fuck do you come up with that? because your team signe williams you're back here talking? Your team is stil only a half step above Miami and never does shit past Nov 1st.

7. k311

k311 Member

Here's how I feel:

NOTE: Avatar has been used since my registration date here or close to it.

I think that, as someone who has been optimistic about Sanchez from the start, that this was a necessary move. Mark needs someone to either make him work harder or pass him as the starter. After we hired Sparano, my opinion was "well, now we get to see if Mark can be great or if we need to start reconsidering our options". Now he has a clear signal: we want you to be our starter, but if you can't, we found someone that we think can be. If that doesn't motivate him to play/practice harder/better then I don't know what would.

Personally, I think the Jets made this move because they vividly remember what Tebow did to us not too long ago. Fans get their opinions about players from watching them on TV. Coaches get their opinions from first hand, game time experiences. Rex saw Tebow bowl us over and scare Cromartie out of trying to tackle him and said "that kid is a gamer". When it came to be that Tebow was up for trade, that memory was recalled and voila, Tim is wearing green in August.

I am totally in support of Sanchez doing well this year. Why wouldn't I be? But if he can't show clear signs that he is progressing and actually getting better, then Tebow or not, something needs to happen.

Also, I see some people posting that if Tim does start, they want him to fail. Can someone explain to me why they would want their starting QB to play like shit? I want whoever starts for my team to win 10 superbowls and go down as the greatest ever. It will never happen, but why the hell do I want someone to play badly so that I can prove a point? Sounds pretty stupid to me.

My prediction:

Sanchez has a decent year, Tebow makes a decent splash, Jets go to playoffs as wildcard, maybe win a game or two.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Did Rex Ryan have any influence of the Sanchez pick?

9. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You lost me at Mark Needs somone..... Mark has his entire proffesional career possibly hinging on the next season.... mark doesn't any other QB to push him - He needs Improved OL play, Improved Run game, Improved and consistent weapons to throw to and improved Play calling - and heck an improved defense...

THAT is what Mark need add in he needs 100% committment from his HC and Team.

What he does not need is a Freak Show and a Mania waiting to call for his head after every INT...

THIS IS A COMPLETE JOKE AND THE END OF THE REX AND SANCHEZ IMO!@!!

10. Green Lantern 80

Unless the oline problems are solved, no JET QB is going to be any good. Unless the JETS get a pass rusher, it won't matter who plays QB. But to answer the question, Sanchez starts, sputters against NE, fans call for his backup, and Tebow ends the season as the starting QB. Tebow will make this franchise more money even if the JETS lose. At the price of both of these QBs next year, will Woody keep both? We want the one that wins. Looking at how Tebow plays, can he last as a long term NFL starting QB playing as he does with a body that has already started to break down? He's playing with the big dogs now. I don't care who our QB is as long as he WINS. As for all the freaky Tebow fans, remember this is a JETS board. Tebow is just one of the players on the JETS.

11. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I have a grudging admiration for the Pats. I can't hate on a team that has been as consistently good as they have been for the last decade just because my own team continues to wallow in the mire, primarily because the Bills FO has been a disaster since John Butler and AJ Smith departed for San Diego. The Bills have been competitive with nobody except their fellow bottomfeeders for years. It's just resignation to reality.

I will not bore non-Bills fans with my litany of grievances against the Bills FO for making some of the stupidest personnel moves in NFL history. Just Google "Jason Peters" if you're interested in the most egregious example. However, the light at the end of the tunnel that appeared with the firing of Dick Jauron in 2009 might NOT be the headlight of an on-coming locomotive after all but real, genuine hope.
    • Buddy Nix is the first real "football guy" the Bills have had as GM since Butler.
    • Chan Gailey is a coach who plays to win not to not lose by too much (BARF on DICK JAURON!).
    • Taking CJ Spiller at #9 in 2010 was a move to take a playmaker rather than passing on talent to take some average guy or some first round project to fill a hole!
    • The 2011 draft, capped by DT Marcell Dareus, was super. By the end of the season, 4 rookies were starting, and they all gave hope that they'd only get better as they got more experience.
    • The Bills started the offseason by firing George Edwards and hiring Dave Wannstadt as DC. They're going back to the 4-3, which makes sense given that they have 2 great DTs.
    • They added QB coach David Lee to work with Fitzpatrick.
    • The Bills signed almost all of their FA vets plus they added 2 premier pass rushers. On paper, the DL of Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Mark Anderson looks to be one of the best in the NFL. Yowza!!!
    • After 12 years of bitter disappointment, I am cautiously optomistic. This is absolutely the best off-season the Bills have ever had in my memory. I've been this way before, though. Unlike many Jets fans, I don't count my teams' wins and make my playoff plans before they play any games. OTOH, with Matt Light retiring and Logan Mankins likely to miss the beginning of the season, meeting the Pats early would be really, really nice. I can see Brady flattened on the turf already! :metal: Of course, I was having that fantasy when signing Super Mario just seemed like a pipedream! :grin:

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hard to say. But Ryan did have influence in the development of Sanchez (or lack thereof) during his stint here. I'm pretty sure everyone in the FO/CS was all in on the trade up though.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There isn't a Dolphins, Jets or Bills fan that doesn't hate on the Pats. You can't hate a team that has a good organizational structure?

Nothing wrong with hating your own team for sucking but not hating the Pats a team that is the chief rival of your team because they don't suck makes no sense. I hate the Bills because they are the Bills not because they suck. I hate the Pats because they are the Pats not because they are good.

14. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

My team's QB didn't lose the support of his teammates because of his poor play. DOH.

My team's HC isn't saying we're gonna put the WC/backup QB in for up to 20 snaps a game. DOH.

My team didn't trade for a circus sideshow act of a QB a week after signing a reasonable FA QB as a backup. DOH.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Ah sure. I just can't really remember how long we had Rex before the draft. I guess if you are bringing in a new HC you are going to take his opinion and see if he is alright with the new franchise QB.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

So thats the secret to the Bills lack of success.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep.. I'm sure Rex was all in on Teblow as well given Rex's penchant to want to keep the ball as close to the ground as possible.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

The reason he wants to be running it is because he has so much faith in his defense. He's tired of all the turnovers and if there was one thing Tebow was good at it was keeping turnovers low. Mostly because when he missed it was in the dirt and not overthrown.

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I like that. I'm going to use that.

20. typeOnegative13NY

My teams coach and QB have sniffed the playoffs,and made 2 afccgs out of 3 tries. But you go follow what the media says. Maybe this year you'll get one more win closer to .500. Your team payed Fitzpatrick,and then layed an egg the rest of the way.