Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ryan said the Jets could use Tebow on as many as 20 plays a game. Funny, I don't recall there being even ten plays for Smith. More like 5, maybe.

It will be a different O.

2. tommytom

tommytom Banned

why are certain Tebow threads conveniently moved and others allowed to stay.

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Divine intervention.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I'll bet that Tebow doesn't get more than 10 snaps in any gameplan.
    The only way he gets more is if Sanchez completely shits the bed and Tebow finishes the game ... just like any other backup in the history of the league.

And for the record ... is the anyone out there who thinks we don't win that Miami game if Tebow was on the team? And probably the Denver game too.

5. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Most quarterbacks like to get in a groove. A couple incomplete passes get erased with a reception. What is going to happen on long drives? Are we going to get cute and break up the rhythm established? Another thought to consider will Tebow fans be so clueless in their desire to see him on the field that our offense can't hear the snap count? Since the PSLs started we already have enough people in the stands who have no clue when to make noise. I can't see it getting better.

Now Steve Young is spewing his nonsense. Soon doctors after reading blood pressure readings will be asking, "Are you a Jets fan?".

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We also get blown out by SD and probably lose one of the Bills games and the Dallas game is over in the first half and probably lose the Washington game. Over all worse with Tebow last year than Sanchez.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The context I read that in, he kind of threw that out there as an extreme, round number, as in "could be one, could be twenty." I wouldn't go too crazy about that just yet, we'l have to see how they do it. How both QBs play and who the opponent is both will dictate how that works.

8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He owns the plane. He can do whatever he wants. Should the Jets have told him to drive?

9. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

How the hell can tim tebow afford his own plane? Does virgin airlines know about this?

I want to bathe in this man's mojo.

No homo.

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure he leases it, but it is his to use when he wants to.

11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I have read that The $2.5M that the Jets paid to Denver will have to count against the cap. Therefore, the cap value is more like $3M this year. I don't think everyone not in the Jets FO really knows the real cap hit at this point though. Also, the Jets lost a #4 round choice. Although it's no guarantee that could have been used on a full-time player.

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This is actually a valid point (and how often do I ever agree with you?).

Carolina is going through something similar with Cam, where they want to find someone who can mimic his skills to back him up.

If Sanchez goes down, to take full advantage of Tebow you have to change the offense to what Tebow does well. For the Broncos that meant a lot of screens, read-options mixed with deep shots down the field to take advantage of defenses who tried to stack the box to stop Tebow from running.

On the flip side, if you decide to start Tebow, and Tebow gets hurt the gameplan goes out the window since Sanchez isn't going to run the same stuff as Tebow.

Also, wouldn't Wayne Hunter be protecting Tim's Blindside? Tebow better say a few more prayers if that comes to pass.

13. New York Tim Tebows

New York Tim Tebows New Member

I'm not sure either. His website doesn't even have a store where you can buy Tim Tebow related products

14. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Denver v Pitt playoff game on nfl network right now.

15. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, McDaniels ran the offense and called the plays. After he was fired in 2010, Studesville took over as interim coach and McCoy took over the play calling duties.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Of course they haven't indicated that. I thought the discussion was a scenario where Sanchez got injured and our #2 QB had to play?

17. Demosthenes9

Yes, I did see Elway play his first year as a starter. I watched him firing offtarget rockets all over the field on his way to having a 47.5% completion percentage.

I also watched Eli demonstrate that he wasn't all that accurate his first year as a QB when he racked up a 48.2% completion percentage.

Just to be clear, I'm not offering this as proof that Tebow WILL get better, rather, I'm saying that he CAN get better and past history shows us that many guys who went on to be GREAT QBs struggled their first year as a starter.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Both of those guys looked like NFL QB's with a ton of potential in area's required to be an NFL QB. Tebow, not so much. Lay off the stats and use the eyeball test. Tebow doesn't pass.

19. Demosthenes9

Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf "looked" like NFL QBs as well, but that doesnt' get you very far.

Tebow's problem right now is that he is inconsistent and has flawed mechanics. Mechanics can be fixed. Personally, I'd like him to forget what he has learned and to go back to passing how he did at Florida.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Using two of the biggest busts in NFL history as an example is a good one for someone trying to make a point that doesn't have much chance of sticking.

People can always better themselves with hard work, and Tebow is obviously a very hard worker. The gap between where he is in terms of an NFL QB and where he needs to be is gigantic compared to most anyone drafted as an NFL QB. I believe it's an insurmountable gap. He just doesn't have the God given talent to work himself to an acceptable NFL QB level.

This isn't college football.