Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about??? Seriously.

Shotty has what to do with Tebow?

Give up and go back to polishing Tebow's knob.

I provided you with stats why I feel Tebow will not be a productive member of the Jets. (Granted...it's my opinion.....it's a message board) I provided you with Stats that show Tebow is an awful starting QB and felt he won most of his games based on defense. I stated Tebow ran an entirely different offense from the wildcat as well as what the Jets offense will be with Sanchez on opening day. I feel Shotty was a terrible offensive coordinator.

I never said Shotty and Tebow have anything to do with each other. If anything, I feel Sanchez has a chance to evolve without Shotty. I feel Tebow will hamper that evolution based on fan and media pressure.

What are you attempting to say? Seriously. What?

2. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Ha. See this "news"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...e-in-sanchezs-hood?module=HP11_content_stream

When the on-again, off-again trade of Tim Tebow to the Jets was finally on again, reality descended.

We're in for a wild one.

Dropping Tebow into a Jets locker room Mark Sanchez has yet to win over promises a steady stream of drama, and that awkwardness threatens to extend to the homefront.

Tebow is reportedly eyeing a rental home in the same upscale New Jersey community where Sanchez lives, sources (described to us as "insiders") told the New York Post.

"(Tebow) really wants to live there," a source told the newspaper, describing the two homes nestled inside the Trump National Golf Course community in Bedminster as a "football's throw apart."

The spread is owned by none other than The Donald himself, who sounds an awful lot like the mouthpiece on this one.

Tebow -- shifting away from any semblance of an ascetic's life -- also took a gander at Manhattan's Trump Park Avenue among other Trump properties.

Unlike Tebow, Sanchez isn't a golfer, per the Post, but moved to the Jersey compund for the sake of privacy. Now he can look forward to Tebow knocking on the door to borrow Tupperware, a bag of sugar and Sanchez's weather-worn copy of "Georgia Rule."

Somebody wake us up from this disturbing dream.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Tebow will be the QB of this team I feel. Kid needs to get his shit fixed though, he can be good, but he needs to change.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

[removed uncalled for, gratuitous shot]

Your sig indicates that you were very unhappy with Shotty and it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that you held him more than partly responsible for the season that the Jets just had, and the lack of productivity from the offense.

I've seen that sentiment exhibited by quite a few people around here, including you. If you want, I'll happily go dig up some of your posts and quote them for you.

Now, why would I bring this up ? Because this:

Those stats for Tebow are for one freaking season where he was under an OC, Mike McCoy, who himself was in his first actual season of play calling.

Those stats for Tebow are from one freaking season where he was under an OC, Mike McCoy, who was running an offense that he didn't even understand. McCoy drew up that playbook by watching some college football games and saying "hey, let's try that play", or by bringing in players who had experience with the Option and picking their brains.

The IRONY is that you readily admit that the OC has a big impact on the productivity of an offense AND of the QB, yet you completely ignore that when pointing at Tebow's stats and conclude that he sucks as a QB.

I don't know what kind of QB Tebow will turn out to be in the future, but I'm damned sure that I'm not silly enough to base any conclusion off of 16 career starts under Mike McCoy.

#4184 Demosthenes9, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter New Member

The tebow drama is even a headache for those that like tebow

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Actually a great point. I'm not a Tebow fan, but who are we to say he can't improve? Sparano is an OC who should mesh more with Tebow. However, McCoy has been the OC since 09, so hasn't he been calling plays since then? Or maybe McDaniels called plays.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Did you SEE Elway play when he was young? Please don't go down that road and make that comparison. Stop using stats and just use your eyes. Tebow is NOT an NFL QB. He never will be.

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

The poll shows a 60-40 split among the board...funny how the NY media makes it seem like we are all 100% against this move.

Boomer & Carton are starting to reach Francessa levels of annoyance with this story. They keep laughing and making derogatory Tebow comments, acting like some grammar school bullies teasing the new kid in class. I hope Tebow makes these mf'ers eat some shit-glazed crow.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The split is 40/60 with how many votes just a week into the poll?

The next question is how many of the new voters are Tebow-maniacs vs Tebow-haterz.

10. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Well I don't think any of the NY/LI/NJ media are putting a man on the street in Gainesville or Denver actively soliciting input from residents. Whereas the board has input from around the world.

11. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Tebow likes to golf in his spare time and is pretty good from what some others have said about his charity events, so it makes sense he would look for something like that neighborhood, the fact that Mark is there just goes to show that they are actually friends and probably won't mind living next to eachother, its a shame the two guys competiting for the QB job on the Jets get along better then the fans on the Jets board.

12. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Anyone know the time of the presser? Is it at 10 or 12?

13. LGENF

LGENF Banned

12 o'clock

14. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Thanks

(filler)

15. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

12 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDST)

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

This thread keeps getting bumped, and now I've started singing the thread title in my head to the tune of that line in the Cure's "Just Like Heavan" where it goes "Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick."

"Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow-Tee . . . "

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

12pm Tebow Savings Time..(Formerly known as Eastern)

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All times are now known as Tebow time, FYI.

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see what the results would be if you split up poll to see what the ratio is for the join dates 1) anytime Feb 2012 or earlier and 2) March 2012. I wonder if the mods could enlighten us to what those results are. Is that possible? Just for information purposes only.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

wait, I thought that was only the 4th qtr? I'm so confused