All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Embrace the trade. Just like everything in life, it is important to have an open mind.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

extending sanchez was a football move and business move. same with stealing tebow from denver.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, in all honesty they didn't get a good RT when they signed the first backup QB either. That is really the point, people go ballistic about this and all it is is another backup QB.

4. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

A lot of people seem to forget that Pennington was a 1st round pick, and McElroy was a 7th.

There's a reason for that.

Pennington had a weak arm, but he had plenty of other strenghts that McElroy can only dream of. We'd be lucky if McElroy turns out to be half the QB that Pennington was, and in the meantime expecting him to leapfrog Sanchez and Tebow on the depth chart is laughable.

5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

IF we get a legit #2 receiver (Braylon or via the draft) I think we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs.

Sanchez has a much improved year over last season, throws for 27 tds and somewhere between 12-14 ints. Completion percentage around 58%

Tebow is used in a gimmick fashion, it works on occasion but is overall pretty useless.

Shonn Green rushes for around 1200 yards with Mcknight putting up around 500.

Clamour for Tebow surfaces in select weeks but is largely hyped up by the media and not taken seriously.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't even know why he is still on the team..his first day of camp ought to be fun (for everyone but him).

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Tebow would be facing 2nd stringers in preseason,

8. TTTTebowAndTheJets

And would be playing behind a 2nd string line, with a 2nd string RB and 2nd string receivers.... your point?

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I say Mark plays about the same as last season. He will have games of real hope, and games with everybody calling for his head. We start the season roughly 3-4. At that point we decide to start Tebow, and we get back to 8-8 or 9-7. We end up missing the playoffs, but Tebow plays better than Mark has, and Mark gets traded, or released.

Hope I'm wrong though.. (though I do like Tebow a lot)

10. nyj62

nyj62 New Member

dear woody, like the move we needed a backup and it was obvious we missed brad.
    Hey guys just a thought we are in new york with new york fans ,It does not matter if sanchez does well or not , they will be screaming tebow from the first snap even if we are on defense . Just cause we are all DI**s..LOL And you all Know it will happen.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

mark plays well 60% comp. 26 td 10 int. 3200 yards
    tebow chips in 10 total td's
    10-6 wildcard.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I see Sanchez rising to the occasion ,

I see Tebow for the first time in his life being pushed back

I see Tebow being a beast in the package

I see Sanchez picking up leadership and hard work traits from Tebow ( Tebow is a legend being the first guy in last guy out , Sanchez ain't getting their later or leaving earlier )

I see Tebow picking up passing traits from Sanchez ( anticipation , pocket movement , footwork)

If the fans and the media get the F out if the way it's lights out .

The media is the only true obstacle

13. nyj62

nyj62 New Member

I say Mcelroy will be starting by seasons end, Tebow will play well in his role . and help us win 3 games we would not have.

14. nyj62

nyj62 New Member

Mcelroy is the qb of the future get used to it, he is the best on the roster.

15. 9798

9798 New Member

that can be said about a lot of QBs in the league. just saying.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

My point is that if thats the case,he could not possibly beat out mark for the starting job unless he too were facing 1st string s

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I know the idea is not to reply - but just to be clear there is nothing wrong with Sanchez's work ethic he is already dedicated and has a great willingness to work - he has lots of issues but that is the least of them.

Back on topic - I believe Sanchez will have a better season that last year, will improve in all areas but still be a mediocre NFL QB by the end of the season, I believe that after a few games Tebow will be used sparingly and will be traded next off season.

Jets go 9-7 and just miss the playoffs.

18. Airplane Green

Airplane Green New Member

It's Mark's job to lose, however I am positive that he will hang on to the #1 spot.

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This is what is so aggravating about the Jets. With the $500k they pissed away on Stanton and another $2.5 million on Tebow the Jets could have been in the running to sign Mario Williams. But, then again that's a position we desperately need and the Jets don't seem to operate that way.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I am a big Tebow fan (the guy is Roger Staubach 2012 , less accuracy, better running , same exact intangibles...exact...) .......Sanchez is no slouch, its going to be awesome.

I can't wait.

#320 CowboysFan, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012