All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. reverseapachemaster

Half surprised only one person has talked about Tebow being drafted before 2012 season starts.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There's no QB competition guys, Sanchez is the starter. lol.

3. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Behold - A voice of reason.

4. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I hate the move, and the word hate is putting it mildly. IMO, this is an absolute joke and disaster waiting to happen, and the team will implode once again from within. Most people see right through this charade. This move was not done to win football games like Rex & Company want us to believe. Tebow was brought here to create buzz and sell tickets.

I believe Rex and Tanny have sealed their fate. When this team comes up short and the locker room fractures surface again, they will pay for it with their jobs even though I'm sure Woody had a huge role in making the move. But, of course, the owner won't ever fire himself. Already, we are hearing about more unrest in the locker room, and Woody himself basically threw Sanchez under the bus today.

It is just a matter of time, boys. I love this team, and it hurts me to see all the positive things the organization has accomplished in the last 3 years go up in flames because management had the brilliant idea to ignore the real problems this team had and throw salt on those fresh wounds by bringing in Tebow and all his baggage to sell more tickets.

It makes me want to vomit. All this BS for a backup QB who at most will factor into MAYBE 8-10 plays a week? Please. The risk was never worth it.

5. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

HATE the trade, way to ignore the real issues with the roster... When it blows up in their face I hope T-Rex and the entire crew is canned. If they are not, Woody is no better than Hess...

Shoot me - it's how I feel...

6. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Unless sanchez breaks his entire right arm and starts to play with his left, i don't think that's a possibility

7. reverseapachemaster

The better question is when Tebow is sitting on the bench during games and the offense scores, will he run in front of a camera to kneel like he had something to do with it or will we all forget about it until we see some guy in a Denver Tebow jersey stopping to tie his shoes?

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Exactly my sentiments on this.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So, what you're saying is, McElroy needs to have perfect form in order to deliver passes accurately with the right strength. Did you dig that one out of the Chad Pennington archives? Because that sounds like the defense of a weak arm to me.

LTJF is right, Sanchez will get the first team snap in pre season, barring injury.

10. No. Mark has earned the right to lead this team into 2012. He just needs to step up as a leader and make better decisions on the football field.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Tebow will be brought in for victory formation at the end of 10+ games and down the ball with perfect form. Holmes will have an epiphany mid season and remember how to play the game he knows and loves with honor. Grenne will truck 10+ players for our enjoyment and put up 1000+ yds season. Revis will have 7 picks and resign for 10 years. Braylon will sign week four, healthy, and ready to lead our passing attack throughout the playoffs. Sanchez will hoist and bring home the Lombardi trophy to the greatest fan base in sports.

Ground 'n pound!!

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Woody says Tebow trade is all about football

I was itching to start a Tebow thread as there have been way too few here.

"PALM BEACH, Fla. -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson said Sunday that Tim Tebow's off-field popularity was not the reason his team traded for the quarterback, strongly emphasizing that the deal with Denver strictly was a football move.

"Let me be really clear about this, we work for the fans and the fans want us to win games," Johnson said shortly after arriving at the NFL's annual spring meeting in his first public comments on Tebow's acquisition. "So all of the decisions we make regarding the team are just for football. It's hard to predict other things. If you get confused in term of what your mission is, you're not going to accomplish your mission. And our mission is to win games pure and simple. We think that Tim Tebow has been a winner all his life."

Jets coach Rex Ryan told ESPN's Rachel Nichols on Sunday that the criticism of the trade is unwarranted.

"People have no idea -- we're going to come out swinging," Ryan said. "I hear people questioning us, but we feel great, we're ready to go."

Johnson also said Mark Sanchez remains the team's starter and hinted....."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...r-woody-johnson-tim-tebow-trade-football-move

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Don't like the move, think it was more for attention than football.

BUT, Jets go 11-5 and and grab the #5 spot. Tebow will be used like Brad Smith was used with more passing and more play calls.

The Jets then go to Denver, and Tebow does nothing of importance as the Jets win.
    The Jets then go to NE who is the #2 seed. They knock of NE, icing the game on a Tebow run where he kneels on the one yard line before a TD as NE tries to let him score.
    The Jets then go to Baltimore, where Tebow is shut down but Sanchez leads the way and Rex finally beats his old team.
    The Jets then go on to win the Super Bowl over an NFC team. Tebow does nothing of importance, Sanchez easily gets MVP, this board goes crazy saying Tebow brought us a Super Bowl even though Sanchez clearly led the team.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I trust Woody's words as much as I believe the words that come out of Rex or Tanny's mouths these days.

That is, not much at all.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

And there was absolutely no concern whatsoever about Tebow's popularity and the uptick in merchanising sales. Nahhh, not a single thought. It was purely a football decision..

At least Tannenbaum is a better BS artist..

16. McElroy IS alot like Pennington. He's alittle smaller in the pocket but might be slightly more mobile. With that said, before JP Machado made us all punch the wall, Pennington had reasonable arm strength. I think Mcelroy can be held in that same breath.

It's really hard to predict what he's gonna be. He looked fantastic last preseason but that was during a freak offseason with different circumstances. Let's see how he performs in a full set of mini camps, another training camp and in the preseason.

17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Rex Ryan and Co. are really starting to irritate me similar to Sandy Alderson and Co. of the Mets.

They honestly believe that we are idiots. Good for them... good for them.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Remember the Brett Ratliff and Kellen Clemens times, lighting up second stringers, the most popular QB's on the Jets. Oh and lets not forget Mr. David Clowney, preseason great

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'll be rooting hard for Tebow since he's wearing the green and white, but.....

Hate the trade.
    Sanchez will continue to be "okay", which will not be enough for fans and the media. The Jets will cave to the cries of the fans for Tebow to start. Tebow will be starting before the end of the season. Sanchez will never pan out as a result.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Bullshit Woody