All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a pain in the ass arbitrarily but it was just painful to try and read that without any sort of formatting.

2. TebowTrollCoach

Out of curiosity, would JETS fans be pissed off if Mark Sanchez got hit by a bus and the FO put Tim in as starter and the team went undefeated (I know, highly unlikely) going into the post season ?

I mean, would the fans be screaming "bad trade" then ?

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm sure some would because for some this apparently isn't about football..it couldn't be as he has yet to play a down in a Jets uniform and he is only a backup.

4. HOI

HOI Active Member

Jet fans would be pissed if we only won the SB by one point.

(sarcasm...relax fuckheads)

5. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Would Tebow fans be upset if he got pulled and McElroy took the team to the playoffs?

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Funny, but I would answer that the same as the previous question..some would because it has nothing to do with football for them either.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Would Tebow fans be pissed if a herd of mutant alien sasquatches fell from outer space and sodomized them every time Sanchez led the Jets to victory? I mean, would tebois be screaming "great trade" then?

8. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Now that has Hollywood blockbuster written all over it :) Make sure you get credit in the movie.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If Tebow ever replaced Sanchez,it would have to mean that Sanchez was pretty damn bad. That is not why he was brought here. We didn't get rid of anyone,and he didn't break the bank. Not one Jet fan that i've seen is even hoping Tebow is our starter over Mark. So I'm not sure,but the level of panty bunching over this is starting to make me thik it has nothing to do with football.

10. EpicVibe

EpicVibe New Member

Tebow fan. Don't mind that he is just playing QB. I really don't want him to start because I know he isn't ready. Meaning I know he needs to get better at throwing or maybe he just needs to get better at reading defenses.

Tebow works on his throwing motion but I wonder how hard he works on it because Steve Young said he worked with Tebow last month and said that there is nothing wrong with Tebow throwing motion he just needs to connect his "Arm to his head" Don't know what that means though.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't think that's necessarily true. In a pure football sense I think Tebow can definitely help the offense. He's a good football player. The problem I have with the trade is this:

1) We have clear needs at RT, FS, OLB, ILB, WR2. We also have limited cap space and every team has limited draft picks. There were clear attainable upgrades available at RT, FS, ILB in the free agent market, but rather than go after those, we spent cap space and draft picks on an upgrade to wildcat qb and backup qb. We MAY be able to find immediate starters for 2 of those positions in the draft if we're lucky.

2) The QB almost always gets more credit than he should when the team does well and more blame than he should when the team doesn't do well. Given that we'll be going into the season with clear holes in our roster that should and could have been addressed rather than upgrading wildcat QB, the team will likely struggle to some degree. When the team struggles, the QB will get blamed. He may not be playing well himself, but that is often a function of others not playing well - especially when you talk about o-line.

3) The second the team or Sanchez struggles in the least bit, the tebow fans, the media, the anti-sanchez Jets fans will all be pushing hard for Tebow to start. The Tebow noise will be deafening and all the pressure will be on the CS to start Tebow over Sanchez regardless of whether it's truly a good football decision. I wouldn't be surprised if Woody Johnson were pushing that move at the same time making the pressure from all angles very extreme on Rex (who could very well be on the hot seat).

12. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RevisIsGod
    He doesn't GAF. He knows we are Jets fans. And Jets fan are a loyal bunch who stick with the team no matter what.

Quite true about Woody not GAF and thinking he knows Jets fans. Completely UNTRUE about loyalty and sticking no matter what. We had a group who no longer go to games. I know of at least 7 ex-STH`s who dropped tickets. I`m just one person who knows 7. I`m sure there are thousands who no longer have that "loyalty" to stick no matter what. Financially, the Jets are no longer a bargain. Woody screwed up big time. You`ll see just how barren that new GIANTS Stadium will be for Jets games once the novelty of a new stadium wears off.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

#3 is true even if Tebow weren't here. If Sanchez struggles this year,his head wold be called for quickly. Has nothing to do with Tebow being here.

#2 and 1,I don't think were done filling holes yet. And someone is going to know much more than me,but how did Tebow affect us filling those needs? Who was a shining star sitting there that we passed up to get him? I'm not talking about a player who may or may not have been an upgrade,but a clear cut one that was an obvious loss by not getting.

Tebow is a Jet not. Happy or unhappy with the move. I think that the level of ridiculous whining should atleast wait to a few games are played so his role can be seen,rather than a bunch of over the top crying. If people here had such better views on running a football team,they would be running one.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tebow has a huge following and is an easy story for every media outlet to get tons of reads/hits/views. He absolutely makes #3 far more extreme than it would have been with Drew Stanton at backup QB. You can't really believe Tebow doesn't make a difference, can you? Tebow is a household name. People who know nothing about football or even sports know who Tebow is.

We're not done, but we just used relatively (to our situation) significant resources in cap space and draft picks on something that wasn't a glaring need. Those resources are now unavailable to be used on addressing pressing needs.

This website probably wouldn't exist if everyone just agreed with the Jets moves. They don't exactly have the best track record anyway.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Tebow: Go on the record TGG fans.

Mods...please lock this thread after a few days then bump it at the end of the season.

Dear TGG fans. Today is Sunday, March 25th and we are at the height of the Tebow craze.

There seems to be no 'in-between'. TGG fans either HATE the whole Tebow concept or are ready to embrace it.

Which are you? Go on the record.

Make ONE ENTRY giving your predictions on how Tebow will be used, how this will effect Sanchez, and how successful the Jets will be with Tebow on the team.

Do not reply to any one's entry. Just state your own point of view.

It will be fun to bump this in 9 months.

16. ppls17

ppls17 Member

sanchez plays well we win division tebow helps us win games and gets credit for helping fix locker room

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Hate it, Tebow will be the starting QB no later than halfway through the season and the Jets go 6-10.

18. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Good points Long Time Jets Fans. These are the reasons why I'm against the trade. Also, I still don't think that what Tebow did last year really "fixes" the issues that the Jets had. The problem with the Jets offense was not being able to get get drives going. The Broncos were the worst team in three and outs last year so I don't see what that solves.

Although nobody outside of the Jets FO knows for sure exact cap hit that Tebow has, I have read an article which I think is fairly well thought out that his cap hit is ~$3M this year. Also, the Jets jettisoned Stanton which cost them $.5M in cap space. So that means that bringing Tebow in this year cost the Jets $3.5M this year in cap dollars. If you believe that he's the back-up and will be used in 5-10 plays a game then that's a heck of a lot of cap space - especially for a team with limited cap room.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'll go first:

Tebow is a man's man, a true stud with a huge heart.

He will pull the team together into a 'team' like we've never seen before. Players will love him and fall in line.

Tebow will be under center 25% of the time, less at first. He will be used like he was in Denver at QB, at HB, like TE in the backfield, and even true TE.

He will have a solid, beneficial impact on our offense.

Sanchez? Mark will play harder, better, and more focused than he's ever been.

Jets will win 10-12 games.

I'm all in.

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member