Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He is 36. He doesn't have 2 years to wait for that team to develop. On the Jets, he wins 12+ and has a chance at a SB in 2012. With the Broncos, he doesn't.

2. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

:wink:

10char

3. SkipBayless

SkipBayless New Member

Tim Tebow Defense
    CMP doesn’t always tell the story but I will get to that later. The game is about limiting turnovers and keeping your D off the field. Has only one year of experience. His coach's plays were low % passing plays. McGahee was an old RB that got his career restarted by Tebow. He also made Lance Ball, who was an undrafted free agent, an asset in the Denver offense. He rushed for 400 yards on 96 carries. The option increases a running back’s value.
    A QB cannot do it all himself. Jets got one of the best Ds (6th) in the league. Tebow played the 20th best.
    Sanchez has more experienced weapons. Look at the supporting cast of both teams last season. Wouldn’t you take Keller over Fells. LT over Ball and Holmes over Decker.
    It really comes to TOs. Sanchez (28 Total TOs Tebow had 19) throws a lot of picks for a 3rd year starter just like Eli did. Can somebody check the total turnovers for Mark Sanchez? How many fumbles did he have that were not recovered? I just counted all the fumbles on the ESPN stats page for both.
    Denver’s WR corp was in the bottom third in dropped passes. All his starting WR had less than 3 years of experience. Eddie Royal had so many dropped passes.

4. SkipBayless

SkipBayless New Member

Fox was out to get Tebow. 90% of Sanchez's passes were 20 yds and under. Tebow's 20 yds. and under plays made up 78.4% of his attempts. Here comes the stats that you don’t see on ESPN because they want to create a story. Tim Tebow had 269 pass attempts. This is the breakdown of his passes. Each decimal represents a percentage of his total throws: Longer than 40 (.0185) 31 – 40 (.078) 21 – 30 (.118) 11 – 20 (.312) 1 – 10 (.353) Behind the Line (.119). Mark Sanchez had 542 attempts: Longer (.0055) 31 – 40 (.016) 21 – 30 (.07) 11 – 20 (.249) 1 – 10 (.523) Behind the Line (.134). Tim Tebow had 32 attempts of the 21 to 30 pass yardage variety. Sanchez had 38. Why did Tebow’s play caller, McCoy, create so many deep plays? If a QR is not accurate you create short passes. Tebow had 269 attempts and Sanchez had 542, so roughly double. From a playcalling perspective, how does this make sense? Tebow had 21 attempts of the 31-40 variety while Sanchez had 9 attempts in twice as many throws. This explains Tebow’s low completion percentage. The longer the pass attempt the lower the percentage of a possible completion. Tebow did not get the shorter pass players to boost his CMP % like Sanchez. This is the Tebow hater’s biggest arguing point for why he sucks but they only listen to the ESPN hype machine. ESPN knows very well that this bullshit creates ratings. If Tebow’s percentage of pass plays under 20 yards was 90% like Sanchez’s his ending CMP % would be somewhere in the high 50’s. Let’s remember this is a QB that has one year of experience with a horrible offensive cast.

5. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Didn't say I agreed with the rationale, just trying to make the case.

6. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Wow, just wow at everything I have just read up to this point....

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

To make you happy.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oh man, if I was Tebow I jump on these flights because you know that Virgin is going to send the flight attendants at him in waves to see if they can break him.

9. SkipBayless

SkipBayless New Member

are these real Jets fans!?

10. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

quick question.

can someone explain how tebow is getting paid 6 million next year?

specifics please, not just that he unlocked bonuses.

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He's not. He had been paid all the guaranteed money in his contract for 2012, 2013, and 2014. They paid it ahead of time as a roster bonus last summer.

The fine print issue was that the contract said something like "if he is traded, the acquiring team has to reimburse Denver."

So all of that hoopla was over his annual guaranteed salary for the next 3 years -- it's such a bargain to get any of that sloughed off on his prior team.

12. Steelersrule

Steelersrule Member

All his money goes to his "Lord and Saviour" Rush Limbaugh.:drunk:

13. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I think he is. You are kind of right about part of it. Tebow was signed to a 5 year contract with about $8.7 Mil of that guaranteed. For financial/cash flow reasons, the Broncos went ahead and paid the guaranteed part in advance last year. Rough number, but $8.7 mil / 5 years = $1.74 mil per year. He played 2 years and got paid for that, but they also paid him $1.74*3 which is just over $5 mil.

That covers the guaranteed part of his base contract. BUT, there were performance / roster bonus numbers also. All told, if Tebow hit all of his bonuses, he stood to make $33 mil in those 5 years.

Question is, which did he hit while at Denver, and do they carry over ? If so, he might very well be making $6 mil or whatever with the Jets and they will be footing the bill for it (minus that guaranteed part of the base salary, which has already been paid).

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

They carry over, but they are unlikely to be reached. He needs to start and reach many milestones, and the average would reach $11 million a year.

15. Demosthenes9

What I meant by "carry over" was whether him hitting some metric in 2011 automatically bumped his salary for the rest of the contract, or just that year. I know for a fact that he met some of those numbers last year.

16. Demosthenes9

Here's some of the details, but still leaves questions unanswered:

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

We should use tebow and his god like powers to win the super bowl this year. And trade him for a 2nd in 2013. Never let him touch the balls more than 10 times a game. Unless its really working, which it cant for long.

This is if we use him in the Brad Smith role. If the media doesnt drive Sanchez crazy. Havent heard from our #1 QB yet have we. Waiting for that.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're not going to hear from Sanchez on this, other than "Tim's a great competitor and he'll help us win." I'm pretty sure on that.

19. xmscott

No thanks. I want to come out say this is my job.

20. xmscott