Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Wrong Hobbes - in all fairness - I have been asking the same question for days and the Tebow haters have all refused to answer it.

TEBOW HATERS _ THIS IS THE QUESTION: WHO IS BETTER TEBOW OR STANTON?

If you wish to argue that drew stanton is a better QB than Sanchez - please tell us why you have that opinion.

If you cannot tell us how drew stanton is better - then please stop whining and complaining about this excellent move by Tanny.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

:rofl2: 2 of us out here in the wilderness....

3. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Can't wait till the season starts...the suspense of whether this will be a complete disaster or a genius success is killing me.

4. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Great. I love having to pour over 200 pages of posts to see if anybody responded to posts I made in multiple threads. Yay.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Look - I won't be surprised if they Jets run some spread offense with Tebow - especially if he ends up having to start games. Unless you have a direct line to Sparano and he's sharing his plans with you, saying that the Jets WILL be using the spread offense is silly. He has specifically said they'll use him for wildcat. Anything else they plan on doing is only known by the coaching staff at this point.

6. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Jets fan should at least start looking at the glass half full.

Say what you will about Tebow, but the last time the Jest had a QB with a face and personality he was an old dude and got into sexual harrasment issues and the current guy got into underage sex accusations. Won't have any of those type of problems with Tebow.

For those that keep disrespecting Tebow, that's more of a circus than he will ever be. Tebow instantly changes the image and perception of this franchise and he's doing that from the back-up position.

The only circus you're going to see is from those salivating at the mouth in the media.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The whining about merging ends here. It's been explained. You want to keep whining, take it to PM.

8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

He will! Out of the spread option. You don't have to be an OC to figure that part out. Simple logic should tell you this much. They plan on using him extensively. They have consantly re-iterated his ability to pass. That's not something you typically re-iterate when you talk about the wildcat. Why would you keep Tebow from dropping a 60 yard bomb for a TD if it's available to him?

Oh no..."don't pass for a TD Tebow...you have to run the wild cat?"

Uhm. No.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why do you think he can't pass out of the Wildcat? That's why he was so appealing to Sparano, he finally has his dual run/pass threat.

10. MoWilkShakes

I love how people assume that Mark is some great immoral figure, or is some child and not a leader. The guy does charity work, and holds off season work outs for his teammates. The media doesn't like to show it, but Marks a leader and a good guy.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am guessing a little from column A and a little from column B

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I'm not sure you understand what I am saying.

Wild cat is a small box.
    Spread option is a big box.
    Little box fits INSIDE the big box.

Get it?

Tim Tebow, can do a LOT more than run the wildcat every time he's on that field. It makes 0 sense to take Tebow and use him strictly for the wild cat formation. You do not trade 2 draft picks and get Tim Tebow to run the wild cat. It's like trading for Matt Forte and you're only going to use him to block for you so someone else can run the ball. And that's it.

PS: Just for the record Tim Tebow ran 0, I repeat 0, wild cat plays in Denver. NONE. It's a bunny slope statement and it's something Sporano is saying to placate the mediots and send them on a wild goose change while they draw shades over people's eyes.

#3892 whichfan, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....there....I'll save ya the trouble!!! but i do know what you mean.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I agree. I think Mark is a good person. But frankly I care more about whether he is a good QB. I think this is the year that he could become an upper echelon QB. The Jets need to fix the OL and give Sanchez some good tools to work with. But if he loses control of the offense as he did last season, then the Jets need to have a viable option and that is basically what Tebow is. Brunell and Stanton were not viable and everybody knows it - so the question that will be interesting to answer is: How does Mark Sanchez respond to some healthy competition? Should be fun to see him crank his game up about 3 notches, stop making poor decisions and turning the ball over and start moving the chains consistently.

15. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

LOL. Thanks, I feel better now.....especially after looking at your avatar. Well played, sir.

16. MoWilkShakes

Agreed with everything you said. Mark has alway been a competitor. If this moves ups his game like it did when Brunell tool a couple snaps before the Steelers game a couple years ago, I'd love to see how well he does with Tebow itching to take his job. The jets do need to make some more off season moves to help then offense, or else it won't matter who's playing quarterback- we'll just suck.

17. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

In my mind I was joking more than whining, I'm certain that was lost in text translation. I apologize.

18. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

If their plan is to use Tebow like Ronnie Brown then it will be an epic fail. They MUST incorporate play action passing out of a spread option look to be effective or all you will see is Tebow running into a brick wall. Hopefully the Jets version of the "wildcat" won't really be the wildcat at all. They need to spread the field and allow Tim the options of giving to a tailback between the tackles or off tackle, running the ball himself and most importantly, passing the ball.

McGahee had some great running lanes because the defense was so keyed up about the possibility of Tebow running the ball, and that was with 8 and sometimes 9 defenders in the box. Tebows ball-handling at the point of handoff literally froze defenses allowing McGahee to scoot through holes his old ass normally wouldn't get through. The problem in Denver is that John Fox only allowed Tebow to throw in 3rd and long situations....if you watch the games you will realize that they could have moved the ball more effectively with higher percentage dump-offs and screens after play action mixed in with an effective ground game.....but for some reason 90% of passing plays called were for Tebow to air it out over everybody's head. Very low percentage plays for any QB.

If Ryan and Sparano can tailor a higher percentage passing attack mixed in with Tebows ground and pound game this can be very successful. With Fox and McCoy it was pound, pound, pound, pound, pound, pound, throw the ball 50 yards down field. Repeat.

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

20. Steelersrule

Steelersrule Member

As long as it`s half full with a single malt I`ll bite....