Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its going to be pretty funny when the tebow haters are forced to admit that this kid is one heckuva football player. He is going to come in and be great and run the spread option offense and improve as a passer and pretty soon Sanchez will be traded because Tebow is going to be a better QB. And we will have stolen him for a 4th rd pick.

But for now, lets call him a backup QB and see how things evolve. If Sanchez gets better we win!!! if Tebow gets better we win !!! Should be fun.

2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Well the reason I said that is because I just wrote like a thousand word analysis and tried to intelligently dissect some available options that Tebow will bring to the Jets, which I felt probably deserved is own thread, so not sure how I feel about it being merged and buried in with all the other nonsense but that's fine.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Thanks, this is exactly what Tebow would have done had he been a mod here!

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

He doesn't run the Jesus Cat offense. He runs a spread option offense and he is very successful with it. Our defense could not stop him.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

why did all the threads just get merged into one thread??? these are all different Tebow topics?

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am refuse to believe Hunter will start for the Jets this year. His replacement will be drafted I suspect.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's what he ran in Denver. Sparano has no history of running that offense, and has specifically said he wants to use him in the wildcat.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

it was nuts to have 3/4 of all threads tebow related and whilst each OP probably had (in their own minds at least!) a unique take on the situation within 3 posts it was the same topics, same views and same posts in each.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Sparano will change his mind very shortly. Tebow runs the spread option not some gimmick Jesus Cat offense. Tebow will be working on improving his passing accuracy as he prepares to help the Jets win. What will Sanchez be working on? Which QB is going to work harder to prepare himself to win on Sundays? Should be interesting.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Right. Look, merging all the threads into one is certainly not an optimal solution but for now it's about the best we have outside of the Jets forum being turned into a Tebow forum. We're discussing better alternative solutions but nothing is set in stone yet.

To all: Please have some patience as we figure this out. It's kind of a crazy situation.

Maybe he will, but for now that's what our OC said he wants him for. I don't think the wildcat formation is much more "gimmicky" than the spread option. Who cares either way so long as it puts points on the board. Both have there place.

As for Sanchez, he's probably just sitting on the couch eating Taco Bell all offseason. It's not like he's ever been known to be the first one in and the last one out of the building. :rolleyes:

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't like it. 90% of my posts these days are made from a phone. There were specific Tebow threads where I posted something partly to subscribe and then respond in more detail later when I got some PC time. Now if I want to do that, I am going to have a tougher time finding what I had wanted to reply to.

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Well apparently being the first in the building and the last out of the building didn't mean Jack shyt as he led us to an 8-8 season. Apparently he didn't sufficiently impress his teammates or the CS or the FO b/c they went out and got us a good backup QB to push Sanchez to get better NOW !!! Hopefully 52.5M + Tebow lights a fire under Sanchez and he elevates his game to the next level.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you want to lay the 8-8 season all on Sanchez, you better be willing to give him the credit for 4 road playoff wins and 2 AFCCG appearances the two years before. The truth is he was part of the problem last year and part of the solution the previous two years.

Let's see how he operates outside of the mutant offense we'd been running. Hopefully Tebow can help us win some games too.

14. whichfan

whichfan New Member

People have it completely wrong. They don't plan on JUST running the wild cat. They plan on running the spread option which has just recently been made a viable NFL offense, and they plan on running the wild cat OUT of the spread option.

The wild cat is more of a play and it's best executed out of the spread option offense. Sporano HAD to run the wildcat in Miami, as a surprise play, because he didn't have Tim Tebow. Tebow's a freaking QB.

You'd be retarded to trade for Tebow JUST so you can run the wild cat once or twice. You can use anyone for that. Running back, receiver, tight end. Doesn't matter. They're just "easing" the fan base and Sanchez into the entire idea and giving you an example of Sporano's experience with it at the NFL level.

Getting Tebow to simply run the wild cat is like trading for Peyton Manning and asking him to hand off the ball all the time. That's not why they primarily brought in Tebow.

If what they are saying is true they're going to try to heavily mix a conventional and spread option offense. Either that or they plan on doing it until they give Tebow the starting job for good and they're going to follow in the footsteps of every other "NFL offense" whose currently salivating over guys like Newton, Rodgers, Luck, RG 3, and yes Tim Tebow....

The NFL is changing. If they can pull it off, then they will be the innovators, and the first team in the NFL to change the way we approach the QB position as we know it, subbing QB's out no different than we sub in and out every other position on offense. They will be a step ahead of even teams that are trying to get the "new age" QB's like RG 3, Newton and Luck. You will no longer have to live and die by one guy. I hope it works because I think it's great. And the Texans last year, proved, you don't need a freaking franchise QB. You're just as great with 3 on your roster that can take over and be carried by the team as a whole rather than the other way around. So did Miami, back in 1972, the only undefeated team in the history of the NFL and they did it with subbing QB's mid season.

Frankly if you ask me, what John Elway and Fox are doing is going back to old school. They're going to be left behind.

#3874 whichfan, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I love Sanchez, but the point is that he sucked last season. If he sucks this season at least we have a viable option as a backup QB.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The wildcat is not just a play. It's an offense that is a variation of the single wing. The Dolphins used it almost exclusively for a power run formation because they didn't have a legit run/pass threat. Not having a legit run/pass threat severely limited the offense as teams adjusted to what the Fins were doing.

17. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I get the idea but in all fairness my thread should have been the exception as I was the only one to ask the correct question :wink:

How is tebow NOT an upgrade over Stanton?

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I totally agree. paying peyton 95M or whatever is fine if he can play like the young peyton could play and you have the pieces around him - it can work until peyton gets crushed and hurts himself again - then what? i think this will turn out to be a bad move for denver. the jets basically stole Tebow from D b/c Elway cannot figure out that the NFL is evolving especially at the QB position. Elway couldn't figure out how to effectively use this freak of nature called Tebow. I think Rex and Sparano will figure it out and the Jets will be very successful with it.

Also I think Sanchez will improve and be pretty cool with it too - it takes alot of the pressure off of him to be THE MAN. Now he can just be Mark Sanchez - Great mulitmillionaire QB and I would bet that he improves significantly while everbody is focused on Tebow.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

If you want to be completely correct the wild cat is a formation. Unlike the spread offense, it is not an offensive style. It is incredibly limited compared to the spread offense in the NFL. Yes you can run multiple plays out of it, but it's a formation. In the NFL it's mainly been used for direct snaps to your rusher, because those guys were terrible passers. Hence limited to one type of play...Run. Sometimes they used a bulky and speedy receiver or a punt returner. Carolina used to use Steve Smith on occasional plays about 6-7 years ago to do the same thing.

But it basically boils down to a direct snap to your running back most of the times. That was the primary play. Whenever they did try to pass, and defenses caught on to what they were doing, and shut down the run game, then all of a sudden guys who could not read defenses and make difficult passes were expected to pass and make difficult reads and passes.

Not hard to understand why doing it that way fails. The spread option's primary play is still pass, and it is its very own base formation. Even though you can go pretty much 50/50 on every play, it's designed to pass with the option to run. You can easily run the wildcat out of the spread option....either to your QB, which is just your typical spread option, or to a running back, which is your wildcat. The running back sometimes lines up right next to the quarterback in the spread option, and instead of the quarterback receiving the snap, the running back takes it...and you instantly have the wildcat.

But again...that's not what Tebow was brought here to do. That's going to be one formation he's going to run out of the spread option offense(and yes they may run multiple wildcat plays). But it will be like a small little dot compared to all the things you can do with Tim Tebow out of the spread option.

The point is, you can do a lot of things with Tebow, you can't do with Sanchez. And my guess is depending on how successful they are, and what goes on in the rest of the NFL they're going to decide the direction they want to go depending on which one of these two guys do their respective jobs best. Make no mistake: everyone is going spread option right now. Everyone.

The idea that it can't work in the NFL is long gone, except stupid things being regurgitated by those that have no clue what they are talking about, not paying attention, and are still stuck on the same old school mentality and cliches like "defense wins championships" and "prototyical QB"s. Open your eyes folks. Colts got rid of Manning for a guy like Luck. Washington sold the farm for RG3. Carolina got rid of Fox and half the team for Cam Newton and an offense built to suit him. Jets should consider themselves VERY lucky to get Tebow as cheap as they did.

Let Fox and Manning stay in dinosaur land while everyone moves on.

#3880 whichfan, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012