Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Mark is a dead man walking. The media and bandwagon fans are going to end him.

A friend who's wife bought him PSL's last year is now looking to sell them because he hates this deal. That is two people i know no longer interested in buying tickets (PSL and another upstairs).

2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

What was foolish was him Tweeting something he shouldn't have in the first place. Now he's basically been told to give a "public apology".

That's all this is. But this part's interesting.

Tebow's got what it takes to do that, but it works a lot better as the starting QB though.

3. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

Not surprised to read these comments, now that Tim is his teammate, and, after Mike Tannenbaum acknowledged more than once on his press circuit after the trade, when asked about Cromartie's tweets-- he said he'd been communicating back and forth with Cromartie, sometimes even via text, and he noted they came to an "understanding."

Tannenbaum also said the communications were in an attempt to "clarify" some things to Cromartie.

Tannenbaum noted that Cromartie was not the only player he had been in contact with after the trade, but he didn't divulge who else. I think, when asked about Cromartie, he also said something with the connotation of... Sometimes players don't always understand the moves we make and that's okay, they don't have to, but everybody will get on board and accept them...

Lastly, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it seemed he undercut Mark's ability to lead and control while talking up Tebow, which, honestly... Is what worries me about the players being asked to talk about Tebow, particularly comparisons to Mark. Just adds more fuel to the allegations Mark's leadership etc. is lacking. But, again, who knows, maybe I'm misunderstanding Cro's commentary in that part.

#3803 alwaysthejets, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Jets basically said deal with it, get with the program, or the door's wide open....

5. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

i've honestly never doubted tanny. that has changed.

6. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

@laxinx57: (I can't figure out how to reply with quotes!) I agree with you whole heartedly....the media create more news than they report on. Don't hold it against Tebow though. Don't hold the crazy segment of his fan base against him either--he asks for none of it.

7. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Tanny uses the same language the mafia does when they talk

8. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

@TTTTebowAndTheJets: It was in response to raortega3....I can't figure out how to reply with quotes, so replying is quite difficult :(

9. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

Hey! I just did it! Never mind :)

10. Hooterdawg

Hooterdawg New Member

Cromartie has an idiot history, so don't try and defend him. The point is the FO told him what to say so he is saying it.

#3810 Hooterdawg, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  11. xmscott

I plan to see Sanchez and the Jets being able to run the ball effectively. And open up the pass while giving Sanchez time and Santonio will see his catches. Hopefully for more than 8 yards on 3rd and long. And without the first down ball thing he does. On every catch.

12. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

I don't have as much of a problem with Cromartie sticking up for Sanchez as I do with Von Miller begging Manning to sign with the Broncos. Talk about having your QBs back....not.

13. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Honestly, I have never been a person to doubt coaches or front office moves. This move has ended that. This team has irritated a fan base. Exchanged one fan base for another.

I have never felt compelled to buy Sanchez merchandise and support him more than now.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You know things have changed around here when these new "Jets" fans have an average of about 8 total posts.

Answer me this, Tebow fans. If Sanchez rises to the occasion and has a great year, leading the Jets to 12-13 wins and Tebow doesn't see the field at all because he has a horrible camp and ends up as the 3rd string QB holding a clipboard all year, will you all still be Jets fans and support the team and Sanchez? Or will you be ranting and raving about Tebow is getting screwed and the Jets don't know what they are doing?

How about if the Jets go 10-6 and Sanchez plays OK, but not lights out, but Tebow only plays 3-4 plays a game in the wildcat?

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Tebow fans, meet Mark.

[YOUTUBE]vBRkoPCgZUw[/YOUTUBE]

16. xmscott

I dont blame Tebow. I blame the FO, and the Giants for winning another super bowl. I blame Cromartie and Wilson for missing that tackle against Cruz.

17. alwaysthejets

alwaysthejets New Member

raortega3- I would be lying if I said I didn't think this was a high risk situation, that's for sure. I'm sort of on the... This whole thing will either wind up being "mad scientist genius" and go remarkably well OR be epically disastrous, as in, crash and burn and no chance of salvaging anything or anyone... type of disastrous.

Herm Edwards made some really good points about concerns he had, I hadn't even thought about. He was talking about how it won't be only Mark that gets removed from the game when they switch to the "wildcat." He noted that Shonn Greene and some of the running backs could be looking at losing a good number of touches.

Mangini, Herm, and other ESPN analysts also noted, that he hoped "Rex and Mike" didn't think they were fooling anyone with saying Tim is likely going to run the "wildcat." They were quick to note that Tim, technically does not run the wildcat. That's not his greatest strength, they said. They said his strength is running the spread, and running offenses more similar to what Gruden has dialed up in Carolina for Cam Newton. Which, means he's really not a wildcat QB, he's a QB who needs a base QB package, just like Mark needs a base package, albeit, they need their base packages tailored differently... They noted there is danger in tailoring and allowing Tim to run a spread offense-- and potentially be successful, and then have Mark running a more prototypical NFL offense, IF he struggles. I admit, I don't know enough about the distinctions of the "wildcat" to comment on why they were taking issue with Rex and Mike saying Tim would just be the "Wildcat" qb, but... Regardless they thought the team was opening the door for a qb controversy and being disingenuous in regards to how significantly they plan to use Tebow and how.

Yeah, see, that's sort of how I suspect the conversation went, too.

18. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was a test to pass.

All kidding aside, if the Jets play well with sanchez then great. If Tebow plays a few snaps a game then great. I really don't think gator fans are going to buy up all the tickets to home games and fly up to New Jersey just so they can boo Sanchez and cheer for Tebow. If that happens it is going to be Jets fans doing it. Don't forget that.

19. crna2112

crna2112 Banned

The Giants winning again is kind of sickening, isn't it? The only good thing about that is Eli passing Peyton...thats funny to me.

20. reverseapachemaster

Even if Tebow ends up taking the starting position I will keep wearing my sanchez jersey.