Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

INSANE!!!!!!

Sanchez' biggest NEED is Talent around him - consistent Weapons, a decent OL and run game as well as decent OC and play calling..

FIX THAT....

You don't make someone a leader by bringing in another leader at the same spot...

This "pushing Sanchez" bit completely blows my mind... Guy is the hardest worker around who's career is hanging on a thread guy couldn't POSSIBLY have more motivation!!!!!!!

Give him support and 1 more year that he hasn't gotten to date and next year you can bring in a Freak Show.....

REALLY - People think Sanchez needed to be pushed?????? JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~%&*$#*@%

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Propping Him up?

2 national Championships?

Heisman Trophy?

Winning NFL Record,

Road Playoff Win...

I think he's doing just fine on his own.

The simple truth of the matter is haters gotta hate, and all the hate this poor guy is taking is based on his celebrity and who he is.

It's funny...every kid that comes from a dangerous neighborhood, has a great career, becomes a solid adult, gets applauded (Think Curtis Martin).

This guy....great career up till now, solid young ma, and he's the subject of more vitriol, than a guy involved in a shady murder, that's going to the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

fucking ridiculous.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Interceptions are not just the QB either. To point that out would be incorrect. They also factor in time to throw the ball, wide receiver running the correct route, and then the QB with either a physical or mental mistake.

And you still don't have a reason past QBR why Tebow has more upside than Sanchez

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Can we add a whole tebow section? We got jets forums, draft forums. I think we need an entire tebow subforums

5. Hobbes3259

Then what's your beef with the T2 signing?

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow is Joe Montana and Mike Alstott fused into one.

7. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

At least you got the Fucking Ridiculous part right....

THIS WHOLE THING IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*@%!&$&!#&~

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My answer is get a RT, a 1a/2 WR and another tailback plus a bit more depth on the line. Sanchez seemed to be progressing pretty well from his rude entry into the NFL before the Jets talent on O suddenly started looking like a freakshow of mismatched parts.

Damien Woody vs Wayne Hunter is ridiculous. The Jets went from having a top of the line starter at RT to having one of the worst RT's in team history.

Not replacing Thomas Jones is ridiculous. And it's not a case of Shonn Greene replaced Thomas Jones and the Jets haven't replaced the 2nd back either. Jones took 331 carries in 2009. Greene took 253 last year. That's a huge difference and the main reason the Jets could not run the ball when they needed to with Sanchez hurt and a bunch of good pass rushes in their face at the end of the year.

The WR's I'm not even going to touch with a 10 foot pole other than to say that outside the 20 yard line one of the Jets starting WR's was useless last year and because he was useless the other starting WR had his worst year ever, a year much worse than the one he had the year before with the same guy throwing to him and throwing less effectively than he did last year.

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Do you watch football? Have you never seen a interception that is CLEARLY the receivers fault. Haven't you seen a receiver have a perfectly thrown balls go right through his hands and get intercepted? Or a receiver run the wrong timing route and have the ball get picked? Or a hail mary at the end of the game? Come on, dude. You are killing me.

#3529 bicketybam, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Great post Barry. I never thought about how he could help us control the clock which is very important when you play the Pats twice a year.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

"The Rapture Room"

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

At this point I think it's pointless to argue with him.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Tebow doesn't play defense. Brady shredded that D like it was the worst in the league. If the Jets play the Pats in the playoffs I know that Rex will be able to scheme up something that would atleast prevent a blow out like that.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

yeah but for 3 years Ive heard teh Sanchez apologists tell me its schotty. You think we should give him 3 more years with Sparano now? Fuck that pal. Sanchez needs to make it happen NOW

15. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I've been saying it since we drafted him...Tebow can actually help the defense too by giving them some rest for a change. "3 & Out" Sanchez was killing our vets last season.

16. Hobbes3259

Aha...a Her-i-cane fan logging on to vent after that whole bounty thing, where you couldn't lay a glove on him, and got your ass handed to you.

Thanks for looking in. (That's a long time to carry a grudge...)

17. His first 2 years he had arguably the best Ol in football and likely a top 5 surrounding cast around him. Was he a perfect Qb? No.

Was their a fall off last year w/ his surrounding cast? Absolutely. All I'm saying is..improvement is needed everywhere including at QB.

Where does Sanchez need to improve? I think he needs to grow up a bit. Forget the "california kid" persona and trying to appease everyone around him and take over this team. Being a hard worker and being a leader are 2 completely different things.

We heard on hard knocks and we've seen it suggested throughout his time here that the franchise desperately wants him to stick his neck out and be the face of the franchise. He has the charisma, skills and competitive fire to do it..but for whatever reason it hasn't happened. What's one potential reason? There has never been any pressure on him to lose his job. Sanchez seems to respond best to competition...well...if competition is what he needs to stick his neck out...competition is what he'll get.

18. 73klecko

73klecko Member

This.

We still don't have a complimentary RB, #2 WR, blocking TE, RT, pass rusher or safety and you said it perfectly about QB. And we have little money left and one less draft pick to address these things. All the while moving to an offense that is outdated. Was Rex really impressed by the Broncos nine punts in a row, eight of them three and outs??

Also, for those that feel Tebow will push Sanchez, I have to say Sanchez' problem has not been focus or work ethic.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah but Tebow lead the NFL in 3-and-outs in his starts. How does that help us?

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

My "beef" hobbes is this. The franchise has become an embarrassment. Its leadership seemingly clueless as to trends, how to use draft picks to build depth, how to maintain dignity in the lockeroom and on the field, the list goes on. Michael Tannenbaum has become nothing more than the RingMaster of a 3 ring circus. Woody Johnson = PT Barnum. Rex Ryan = Foghorn Leghorn.

After all these decades, to see this franchise going from a preferred destination to something alot less in only 4 years is astounding and not in a good way.

The T2 signing was at best a great PR move by Woody as its drawn in tebots from all over the sunshine state and even a few refugees from Colorado. Woody is gonna make a ton of money just off the swag alone.

This team however, is headed for palookaville on a friggen rocket. The upside to all of this is that when the smoke clears, Tebow willing, we'll come out of this organizationally better off as perhaps someone named Tannenbaum will finally be held accountable for this nonsense and Foghorn returns to his core strength as a DC either here or somewhere else.

Not only does this team lack leadership on the field, but its about time the fisheye was cast towards the folks flying the Jet too.

#3540 Cman68, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012