Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Nice post.

My only contribution to this would be to see Tebow in as TE on some running plays. Make him block a bit and get him 1 catch a game. That would be enough to screw with opposing Defenses. All the single wing/WC plays definitely puts GnP back in the fold and with the threat of a TE making a 15 yd run, it should force the safteys in, opening up holes on the outside.

I'm warming up to this move the more the sane people inject into the conversation. Keep it coming.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Your signature indicates you know nothing about the Jets nor the NFL.

1) If the Jets won a Super Bowl it wouldn't "shut everyone up"; it would encourage Jets criticism. Something along the lines of "luckiest Super Bowl victory in years", I imagine.
    2) Your avatar is tebow, so you don't need to say "I showed up with tebow". You obviously don't want to be taken seriously.
    3) Don't be so pretentious as to assume that the solution to this Jets team's problems is tebow. If you want to support the Jets, here's your first lesson: RT, FS, OLB.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How much of an impact is it REALLY going to make over the course of 16 games to have an upgrade at the wildcat QB position from pretty good to very good?

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If Sanchez gets hurt or doesn't pan out this team would be just as screwed with Stanton or McElroy or anyone else they could've acquired as they would be with Tebow.

Mark Sanchez is the key to the Jets success this year.

5. VanderbiltJets

Please stop. Just stop it.

6. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Tim Tebow does not belong in the NFL as a starting QB...

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

:grin::metal::metal::metal:

8. VanderbiltJets

If ten tebow turds are put into a nice, clean Jets juice pitcher, what does the juice taste like? Shit.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and this is the issue. Tebow certainly makes our Wildcat offense better, but how important is that?

it just seems like it will sabotage Sanchez to have him come off and on the field to have Tebow run it to any extent that would make having Tebow meaningful. and it seems that the team is pretty intent on making him a meaningful contributor, not just someone who comes on 3 or 4 times a game.

the only other thing we can hold out for is that Ryan and Sporano have something entirely new up their sleeves to utilize Tebow that will keep Sanchez under center.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Okay Dwight Schrute.

Brady had long 8 minute drive to ice the game against the Jets and make it a two possession game. The Pats offense can sustain long drives and they will when they need it.

Keeping the Broncos to 10 points is not very difficult. The Broncos offense was not that good.

They gave up 17 to the Ravens, but still had a terrible drive that gets overlooked because Lee Evans dropped pass and Cundiff missed a FG. They let Flacco march 80 yards down the field where there was 60 minutes left.

They also let the Giants march 80+ yards down the field, and let them sustain 3 separate long drives ending in field goals. They also forced 0 turnovers that game, had a crucial 12 men on the field penalty, and played so bad that their best strategy was letting the Giants score, which they almost messed up. Also, you cherry pick 3 playoff games to show the Pats had a good defense. 3/19 total they played? Look at the whole picture. The defense might have gotten marginally better in the playoffs, but they were still bad.

Okay now the Pats have an "amazing" defense? You ever wonder why the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl recently? It is because they don't have a good defense anymore. Look back to their SB runs, that was real defense.

What about when the Pats would open up and put the other team in hole? Point differential also means the offense scores and puts the defense in a good position. You trying to say point differential is all the defense?

I haven't used yards once, I use my eyes saying the Pats defense is bad. Ha and you talking about misusing stats and then use QB rating? Pot calling the kettle black.

Yes it makes sense. Tim Tebow can throw far, and usually you only have one defender in an area on a deep pass so he just has to overthrow the receiver can run under the ball. Throwing short and medium is much more timing and touch and requires the receiver coming back or breaking left or right. It also usually involves more defenders in an area unless you throw towards the sideline, but then you have an extra defender there, the sideline. Wait so you are saying because of poor offensive line play, Tebow couldn't throw short passes?? You realize that is how you can combat more offensive line play, keep them blocking for less time.

Again, Tim Tebow is a Jet so obviously I will support him, always support a Jet player on the field. BUT that does not mean I'm going to sit here and watch people double back on their words creating strawman arguments to somehow support Tebow has more upside as a QB than Sanchez.

#3470 displacedfan, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The Jets didn't fly him up on a private jet. Tebow had himself flown up on HIS private jet. That Hawker 900 was registered with N15QB in 2009 under the name of Heavener Company Leasing LLC. I'm fairly confident that is not Woody Johnson's private jet.

12. VanderbiltJets

the Manly-Man in true form. this video never gets old.

[YOUTUBE]ojXkblN7pC0[/YOUTUBE]

13. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Tebow is slower than, weaker than, and lacks the cutting ability of every single RB on our roster.

He also has zero experience in blocking, catching the football, or picking up a blitz.

So no, he's not the best RB on the team, and no, he can't just "play some TE".

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

This, this and this. I would bet money that we see Tebow in the backfield or lined up as a TE just as much as we see him running the wildcat. Maybe more. To not at least attempt to use him that way would be foolish.

15. He's an extremely unconventional back-up QB who has a unique skill set that can be utilized situationally. As for the wild cat...It can still be effective when the timing is right. Where it doesn't work is as a primary mode of offense. As a short yardage/goalline/ball control facet used 4-8 times a game,with a guy like tebow it can still be effective.

Where you see a non-playoff team with alot of holes, i see a team that went 8-8 and barely missed the playoffs despite a catastrophic final month of the season. I see a team that had alot of young promising players move into prominent roles in 2011 & are now ready to break out. The stock is still up on Wilson,Connor, Kerley, Wilkerson,Ellis,Greene & yes even Sanchez.

The biggest void on this team last year was consistency and leadership. Specifically on offense. This offense desperately needs Sanchez to step up and become a field general. What better way to send that message than a guy like Tebow.

As for the media circus, "Tebow-mania" only remains if Tebow is successful. If Sanchez steps up and becomes the leader he needs to be, Tebow sits on the bench aside from situationally wild cat plays. if and when that happens the "media circus" will leave town about as quickly as it arrived.

16. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Good thing he won't be this year... Gary Myers may be the biggest hack "reporter" in NY. And that's saying something.

He has NO sources for this. His basis for his article is basically that Tebow has a private jet and a huge following, so he won't be satisfied being a back up. Probably the worst piece of reporting I have seen since he said his Jet sources told him they would be "all in" for Peyton Manning.

Tebow is the back up. He'll be the back up unless he is a better option at QB than Mark Sanchez. Chances are good he won't be. He'll be used this year as he was drafted tobe used.

17. Reece

Reece Banned

Lol at stating "playoff experience". Between Sanchez and Tebow, this attribute is starting to mean jack shit. Both of these QB's made it to the playoffs due to their teams playing at a high level. Sanchez is average and Tebow is below average. Stop mentioning playoff exp as if it means they are adequate quarterbacks.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I hope you're right Barry. Tebow help us if you're not..

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

If this thread is any indication, these idiotic bandwagon tebomanic fans are going to become very tiresome very quickly.

People who know nothing about the Jets, their history, or football in general, feeling inclined to take up valuable bandwidth.

I am willing to give Tebow a chance because I can see his value in the gimmick plays and as an HB option. But crap like this I have very little tolerance.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the whole point though. Yes, Sanchez will not be playing lights out if the Jets have a bad record. If he's playing ok though he's going to be a light-years better option for the Jets moving forward when everything sorts itself out than installing a wishbone QB with a devoted following.

You cannot separate out a QB from the team's results but in a similar vein almost no QB can achieve good results without a good team behind him.

If the Jets aren't doing as well as we expect them too next season the odds are pretty good it will be a team-wide endeavor that is creating those results and throwing out the better QB for the worse one in that situation is nuts but likely what will happen anyway.

If Sanchez is just sucking that's one thing but with the exception of the last 3 games and the 2 games where he got pulled into a dark alley and mugged he didn't suck last year either.