Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Maybe I just need to see it to believe it but I can't imagine a vocal minority is going to do that much damage to the core of this franchise. This is New York after all - not some backwater like Denver. The Tebow maniacs are going to need to work much harder to have any real effect here. :grin:

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Here's an article about Tim working on his throwing mechanics just last month:
    http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20120218/SPORTS/302180021/Tebow-works-passing-mechanics

3. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Rather than improving our offense by getting key players to implement a solid ground and pound that would compliment Sanchez game, we've settled for trickery of the option / wild cat.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Funny, but I blame Jeremy Lin for this. If it wasnt for the Linsanity, not to mention all the cash he put in Dolan's pocket, I'm not so sure Woody would have gone all in. As it is, Woody will make a ton of money off this. Can't be mad about that now can we..

5. Blue

Blue New Member

No its not.If you listen to Stephen A Smith on 1050 AM in New York you would see that he genuinely hates Tebows hype.Smith let out all his anger regarding the fact that Tebow is sadly a NY Jet on his radio show the day before this episode of first take.My dude Stephen A. was choked up and sounded like he was going to cry when he was on the radio discussing the Tebow news that he had just heard.I was in tears myself both from laughing at Stephen As reaction and thinking about the pain of having to see Tebow suit up in green and white.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Look, the guy was told before the draft that his mechanics blew chunks and he was probably a 4th round pick as an H-Back due to that fact.

Then the guy was drafted in the 1st round by Josh McDaniels to be the Broncos QB.

He got a chance to work with John Elway last season.

He's had chances to work with parts of two professional coaching staffs, albeit in a totally messed up short off-season last year.

Ya think maybe just maybe if he was capable of changing his mechanics to be a good QB he would not have done that by now in the 2+ years since he was put on notice that his mechanics just weren't good enough?

Yeah, Josh McDaniels screwed the pooch by telling the NFL they were wrong and Tebow was a first round QB. Look where that got him. Unfortunately, look at where it got Elway and Tebow also. Elway is going through hell right now because he has groupies on his ass. Tebow thinks he can be an NFL QB without changing his mechanics. He keeps taking the classes but he flunks the tests afterwards because his mechanics are still about as bad as you can get.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You do understand the whole draft pick thing right?

We will get the six back. Essentially we gave up a fourth for a youn starting nfl QB with playoff exp.

We will still have ten or more picks. Do you think this team is so bad that a half dozen sixth and seventh rounders are making the team?

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except if Sanchez loses the starting job to Tebow it clearly isn't an issue of "he might be good" anymore, because not being able to beat out Tebow pretty much solidifies the answer that he isn't.

so, we would be going from one bad QB to another bad QB not an unknown to a bad.

at that point it is pick your poison, not abandoning potential. but at least it can be argued that Tebow could potentially win games the way he did last year.

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

I fail to see how Skip was "right" about Tebow.

Tebow was rated as the WORST QB IN FOOTBALL by his own employed ESPN.

Tebow was traded for late round picks by a team that just came off a division championship, whose fans adored him! The Broncos couldn't wait to get rid of him!

Tebow now serves as the backup QB to another below average QB!

The only other team who wanted the guy was JVille, and their staff expressed that he'd be the 3rd string QB AND A SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER.

And lastly, if Tim Tebow is a "winner", then Mark Sanchez is John fucking Wooden.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The reason chad lost his job was because he only completes every other season and the front office was too smitten with Schitty to make the correct change

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Did the Jets give two draft picks to the Broncos, yes or no? Is that two more than would have given if they signed Orton, yes or no? If Johnny gives Steve two apples and he gets a different apple back, how many apples did Johnny give to Steve? 2.

Well we have Jeremy Kerley who can do the same thing which is run the wildcat which is what they want Tebow to do. They also have LT if they wish to resign him to do that. They also have much more bigger holes than a backup QB and a wildcat runner. Some of them that come to mind that will have much more impact on the game are #2 receiver, safety, RT, OLB.

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully they address the RT issue before the season starts. They have time.

The Jets were 1-7 when the replaced Pennington. At that point, what do you have to lose? If the Jets are 1-7 with Sanchez, I don't see how you don't let Tebow play....unless Sanchez was playing lights out. But what are the chances of him playing lights out AND the team being 1-7?

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Unfortunetly I gotta go with Steven A. on this one.

While I see some positives,like red zone efficiency,I think this is really just a desperate move to sell PSL,s

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, if the Jets personnel on offense is weak next year like it was this year you're not going to know if Sanchez is the problem or not, just like you didn't know this year. Moving forward with a new GM and better talent acquisition Sanchez might still be a good QB.

With Tebow you know you have the suck at QB and believe me if you don't know it now just wait until you see the man in action against Bill Belichik this season.

15. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Not sure why Tebow's throwing mechanics (an actual football related topic) doesn't merit it's own thread, but Skip Bayless' Tebow mancrush does.

16. Can Kereley or LT send a message to Sanchez that there is competition & if he doesn't step and become a leader he will be gone? Back-up QB was absolutely a need this offseason, as was finding an all purpose back to replace Brad smith/leon washington who can help in short yardage/goalline.

As for the other needs...is the offseason over yet? Didn't think so.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We're down to 14 Tebow threads in the main forum now that we've merged several of them.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

He's a backup. And he's an awful QB. He'll be running the wildcat, which is barely used anymore because defenses have figured it out.

As last year showed, this is not a playoff team right now. All we picked up this offseason are guys with potential and/or injury prone. We also have that Hunter/Ducasse issue. We have a serious, serious issue at safety. Slow LB's. No proven downfield WR threat. The RB position is questionable.

I know Tebow's cap hit isn't bad, but I'd rather keep the space and the picks. He does nothing but make this a circus. A bigger one than it already was.

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

There is no way Kerley can run the wildcat as effectively as Tebow can. Come on. Neither could LT. Tebow is an upgrade over what we had at our #2 QB position. And trading for him does not preclude the Jets from addressing any of the needs you mentioned unless you feel they could have drafted an impact player at one of those position in the 4th round. I think the chances of that are slim at best.

20. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Very negative Cmann. Who knows what is in store and how Sanchez reacts to this. Running the ball wins in this league and opens up lots of options. Lets all wait until at least camp before we see where we are going.