Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with poor play by Sanchez, could it?

But on this one, I am with you. I don't see how this is good for Sanchez's development, either.

Wanna trade Sparano for Schotty now?

Heh, I gotta get my jollies where I can.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ha Ha ha.. Too bad you won't be around long enough to find out SFB. Orton lost his job because the Denver FO caved to the fanbase just like this one will eventually.

Now about that drug testing you referred to? You have no fckn clue what I do for a living so why don't you just SFTU and take your Tebowmanic ass on down the road.

Geeze.. talk about your PITA's. No wonder the Denver fanbase just exhaled.

3. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Fantastic question. The answer is...NO, it's absolutely impossible for him to improve. Excellent question though. Thanks for starting a brand new thread on this.

#3423 Al Dorow, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

Skip Bayless makes my stomach sick coincidentally so does Tebow.

5. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

He will be a direct snap guy but defenses will always have to worry about and respect the pass because he IS a QB. The way I see it, the Jets are basicallly going to be rotating QBs which is unheard of, we'll see how it plays out tho...

6. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I'll bet money on that. Decker will lose his WR role cause he freaking blows and when he starts dropping Peyton's passes like he was dropping Tebow's he won't have Tebow as an excuse whose perception covered Decker's ineptitude. Let's see Tebow's numbers when he throws to a real receiver.

Just out of curiosity, do you really think it will make a difference when Peyton hits Decker in the hands, helmet and chest and he drops it, just because it's Peyton? Oh wait...Peyton's a right handed thrower so the rotation of the ball won't screw Decker up anymore....

Denver had one of the worst receiving squads in actual DROPS. Not incompletions, but DROPS. Two of the bottom 20 worst receivers in dropped pass rates were Denver receivers, Decker and Thomas.

Catchable/Receptions/Drops/Drop Rate:

84 Eric Decker DEN 53 44 9 16.98
    77 Demaryius Thomas DEN 37 32 5 13.51

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...e-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/

This time when they start dropping passes, they won't have Tebow to blame.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ing-quarterback-job-sources-article-1.1049461

So the Jets flew Tebow in on a private jet with the tail wing #N15QB.

Yep, that's the Jets BACKUP QB!!!! Haven't heard of a team flying their new backup QB cross country on a private jet, going out of their way to find that special tailored tail wing before.

Do people really still think this wasn't anything other than a publicity stunt and an attempt to garner back page attention (which has worked already....and then some)?

The Jets still have a lot of holes to fill, and now, minus two draft picks we gave up for a backup QB to run the wildcat, it will be way more difficult to fill those holes.

This organization is infuriating sometimes.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The very definition of a backup QB.

9. LGENF

LGENF Banned

that's if he is a starter, which is still cheap money for a starting QB in the NFL

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Funny how two receivers who had Tebow throwing them the ball are at the bottom of the list. I'm sure Tebows shitty off target, wobbling balls had nothing to do with it though. :rolleyes:

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My concern is not that Tebow will take over from an incompetent Sanchez. My concern is that he will take over from a competent Sanchez because other factors are causing the Jets to lose games.

Chad Pennington lost his job completing 68.8% of his passes. The reason he lost his job was that the Jets offense blew chunks that year because of a hole at LG and because they had no game plan to take some of the pressure off the passing game.

I could see Sanchez upping his completion percentage by a couple of points but losing the job to Tebow anyway because the Jets had a hole at RT and they had no game plan to take the pressure off the passing game.

Fixing the Jets offense this year was not about finding a wildcat QB with a cult-like following. If that's the main answer the Jets come up with then as Jets fans we are in the muck. Again.

#3432 Br4d, Mar 23, 2012
  13. whichfan

whichfan New Member

That's how the Jets roll now with Tebow. :)

I'm still amazed at how many people really believe Tebow's strictly going to be a "back-up" QB.

14. dmarz45

I wasnt talking to you...

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Did you even bother to read the definition? CATCHABLE passes.

It's so obvious to me some of you Jets fans have no freaking clue what you are talking about when it comes to Tebow, and didn't ACTUALLY watch him play.

All you know are the instant replays ESPN shows over and over and over where Tebow throws bad passes when they're selling their agenda.

What about passes like these? WTF is wrong with these passes?

[YOUTUBE]aRIpGeXqwCQ[/YOUTUBE]

When your OC only calls 10-15 pass plays a game, you throw the ball away 2-3 times and your receivers have 2-3 drops like that a game....guess what? You're "a 40% passer."

How about these? The perfect thrown dropped touchdown?
    [youtube]pAATerH70Dg[/youtube]

#3435 whichfan, Mar 23, 2012
  16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'd love to see that happen. They assume their roles as starter and backup, and we watch them win.

My point is that Tebowmania, or whatever the fuck it's called, won't let that happen because the people driving that bus won't stop pushing until Tebow is the starter. It's destructive as Hell.

I hope I'm overreacting.

17. dmarz45

Manning fucked the Jets bad..... He's the one to blame for this debacle.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I have Sunday Ticket, I saw a lot of Tebow last year. I watched his shitty, off target wobbly passes quite a bit.

A wobbly ball thrown at the back shoulder of a receiver is "catchable". A perfect spiral that hits them in the hands in front of them as they run in stride is a lot more catchable. You'll see this with Peyton Manning.

Maybe you should get a clue about the NFL passing game before you come here and tell us we don't have a clue.

19. k311

k311 Member

what if your stereo system sometimes works perfectly and sometimes it won't even turn on? :grin:

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oh great. We've identified the user names that Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith have chosen to post with on TGG. ;p