Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Very well put.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He's one individual... I'm sorry I REALLY can't understand this conclusion and I'm seeing it so frequently. Maybe I severely underrate the effect that public perception has but to me he's just one more jersey in a sea of 53. If he contributes great if he doesn't then he'll just be one more failure in a long line of Jets failures.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We are talking about a backup QB, not a starter. You want a guy that can come off the bench and finish a game. Or make an odd start if your starter gets dinged. I'd rather have that guy be Orton than Stanton.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

He better since he was practically the worst receiver catching balls in the entire NFL last year (this measures a catchable balls, this is a true drop rate.

Bottom 20
    Rank Name Team Catchable Receptions Drops Drop Rate
    91 Arrelious Benn TB 38 30 8 21.05
    90 Dane Sanzenbacher CHI 34 27 7 20.59
    89 Danario Alexander SL 32 26 6 18.75
    88 Greg Little CLV 75 61 14 18.67
    87 Brandon Gibson SL 44 36 8 18.18
    85 Donald Driver GB 45 37 8 17.78
    86 Ben Obomanu SEA 45 37 8 17.78
    84 Eric Decker DEN 53 44 9 16.98

5. LGENF

LGENF Banned

why do you insist on saying/lying that it was 2 draft picks?

do you know the deal they made?

Yes it was a 4th round pick

and then they swapped a 6th for a 7th - give one/get one

if johnny has two apples and gives one to steve and steve gives it back how many apples does johnny have?

it only cost the jets a 4th round pick and a trade back from 6 to 7th, it didn't cost two picks

6. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

SAS needs to stick to what he knows, hoops.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm with you untill #5. I know that they are about as beliveable as fox news and have an agenda, which is only to draw in viewers by beign negative about things, but I don't find that type of show entertaining.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You've seen Tebow throw the ball, right?

9. Blue

Blue New Member

This Tebow trade mad me sick when i first heard about. Tim tebow will bring so much more noise to the jets when things were finally beginning to quiet down, starting with Rex Ryan deciding that he would be more chill.Now with Tebow here so many people are gonna start becoming jet fans.The amount of causal Jet fans that know absolutely nothing about this jets team outside of Tebow that i will have to face may drive me nuts.Not to mention all the religious zealots.

But, to calm my worries I have been reminiscing about the good old days when Brad Smith was running the wild cat.Hopefully Tebow can be as effective.

10. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

[YOUTUBE]qvMMGEHyGag[/YOUTUBE]

11. bicketybam

And do NOTHING else. Tebow can do the same AND add an additional dimension to the offense. That is why they traded picks for him. I would not be shocked if Tebow lines up at another position besides QB for certain plays. How many other backup QB's can do that?

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I understand but that is not what that measures. I saw the games, these were bounce of the face mask variety and chest. Decker really struggled last year even when Orton was in.

13. LGENF

LGENF Banned

and what you are missing is that Rex wants Tebow in there running the ball

there is a change in the way the Jets play offense this year and Tebow fits that change, Orton does not

14. Reece

Reece Banned

Just last season, most of the fans here were dogging Tebow, but now all of a sudden, he can now become a viable quarterback in a system that are questionable when it comes to grooming a young quarterback (see Sanchez + Henne). Some of you homers are hilarious.

15. LGENF

LGENF Banned

I don't know who put that together but it was fun to watch

16. k311

k311 Member

Did everyone forget how much they complained about Rhodes and Lowery when they were here? Jets fans have some short term memories...

I get the argument for Leon (and obviously I would like Cotch back), but my point was that we likely aren't going to get some stud in the 4th round that is a better football player than Tebow.

Plus, who says he's just going to be our wildcat QB? Why not let it play out and see what happens? I don't think any of you are so qualified as to know what his role is going to be. Are you all really THAT confident in Sanchez? I want him to succeed but I have my doubts as to if he really is going to be our long term answer at QB...

17. bicketybam

I'm not arguing with you. I asked who he would want as a backup QB. He said Orton. Some other guys starts laughing like he said he wanted Orton as his starter. I replied that we are talking about a backup. Follow?

18. Reece

Reece Banned

Pass the popcorn...

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

No, it will be the Tebow-maniacs who are already coming out of the woodwork talking as if Tebow starting is already a given. I've seen how casual fans and others who have no real interest in the game go crazy for this guy.

I have no problem with Tebow having a fair chance at winning the job, but what scares me is the team making a rash decision based on the media hype. It's nice to think that they'll do what gives the team the best chance to win but the fact that starting Tebow would probably instantly boost media coverage and merchandise sales by a shitload is an ominous prospect. My hope is that Sanchez plays well enough to erase any impending controversy before it happens, though if he gets beat out by Tebow in a fair fight than he didn't deserve the starting job anyway.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

This is as far as I got to know you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Fact: The Patriots had the #2 most efficient, TRUE TOTAL defense in the NFL last year.

Fact: In the playoffs they kept Denver to 10 points, Flacco to 17 and the Giants to 21.

Fact: The AVERAGE offense scores an average of 21.7 points per game against an AVERAGE defense.

Fact: You are 100% wrong, on how the Patriots offense operates. The Patriots offense LOST the time of posession battle. They score FAST and their defense ALWAYS spends more time on the field than the offense. Bill WANTS his defense on the field. You are right in IF they wanted to, the Patriots COULD keep their defense off the field forever....instead they CHOOSE to score fast and put them on the field.

Fact: The Patriots were one of the few teams in the NFL that won football games despite a negative turnover margin, thanks to their defense. Including their playoff game against the Ravens, which also was a result of the Patriots very modern, and very amazing defense.

Fact: "Keeping a defense off the field" isn't some kind of rule. Bill doesn't believe in it. He keeps his most physical players on the field, which are his defensive players. He wants his offense to score fast, and get off the field.

Fact: The reason they were able to outscore their opponents by 171 points is also because their defense got their offense stops. Without that it is IMPOSSIBLE.

You are blinded by the "perception" of popular but inaccurate defensive stats, yards, which is one of the WORST measurements for measuring a team's true defense as well as by misconceptions that are made popular by the media and a lot of other people who misuse stats.

This is similarly why you don't understand Tebow and continue to spew things that have been morphed and twisted by other popular and poor measurements for quarterbacks.

As for the rest of it, Terry Bradshaw played in a different era, but he played the same type of game. There were plenty of quarterbacks that completed at a much higher percentage than Terry did. His playing style, his philosophy and his offense was very similar in style to how Tim Tebow and John Fox play football.

Does it make ANY logical sense to you that a quarterback can be as accurate as he is on deep passes but for some reason can't throw short? Yet another stupid perception. They had no short passing threat due to the lack of tight ends or properly implementing the spread option due to a lack of personnel. It also had a lot to do with offensive line protection and Tebow not yet able to fully read defenses.

#3380 whichfan, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012