Rex makes a statement about the trade..Finally

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You Tebots are becoming an infestation.

2. Tebowchise

Tebowchise New Member

We were talking about offensive possibilities. I'm sorry you dislike when people add to the discussion.

Can't imagine a two-back set alongside Sanchez with Tebow being one of those backs?

It's pretty much what I had just described. I guess that's trolling though :eyeroll:

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i think it had alot more to do with denver turning it over less and controlling the clock more with tebow under center as opposed to orton. keeping the opposing offense off the field, moving the ball on the ground, not turning it over, and keeping field position are all very valuable to your defense.

also, there are games like in minnesota, where the denver D stunk it up, the offense had to air it out more, and they succeeded

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see Tim come out as a TE 10 snaps a game. Run and block and maybe even catch one. Then throw in a pitch and roll to TE like the patsy's did with Hernandez and Gronk.

That would really throw a wrench in the next week's opponent game plan. He's def built like a TE and would make a great cover safety as well.

5. Tebowchise

Tebowchise New Member

@fozzi58: What's appealing about Sanchez managing a no-huddle is that Tim can roll over to TE, FB, RB, or as a WC QB without giving the defense a chance to change personel.

He absolutely could be effective as a TE; imagine him chipping before he cut into the middle :lol:

6. Tombs

Tombs Banned

Lots of people base their opinions off the media rather than the facts... like you.

Defense played well in some games, but in others, like against the Vikings, they gave up 32 points and over 500 yards. Tebow can only run the plays that McCoy and Fox call. In that particular game he has a passer rating of 149 and brought them back from a two touchdown deficit to win 35-32.

So stop buying into what the media says and regurgitating it on message boards as fact. The facts are the play calling was based on keeping the games close and they only opened up the playbook when they needed it in games like the Vikings game. Denver has a great run blocking offensive line and a poor pass protection line. Hell, if you read Orlando Franklin's draft info it says he is too slow to be a tackle but could probably be a decent NFL guard. Denver was the worst team in football the past two years so they did the only thing they could to win - run the ball, eat up clock, try to keep the games close and look for a miracle. That had more to do with the holes on the team than a dumb or ineffective QB.

Did Tim throw some ducks out there? Yep. Did he zing some perfect tight spiral passes downfield? Yep. Was the play calling deliberate and boring to keep the defense off the field? Yep. Was the offensive line completely overmatched trying to pass protect against the Lions and patriots? Yep.

7. Tombs

Tombs Banned

...Says the genius who started another thread to let Jets fans know that a backup QB in the NFL wanted to start.

8. tzinc

tzinc New Member

NE showed what happens when you think outside the box on offense. Tebow is the only back up QB in the NFL who is an asset even if your starter is playing well and doesn't need to be replaced. You can do so many things with him. Jets essentially filled 2 holes QB and RB.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

How did NE show what happens when you think outside the box on offense?

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

People who talk about the wildcat as effective have not been paying attention to what has really happened in the NFL. Usage of it has been down every year since the fish adopted it. Even the Broncos didnt' technically use it, and if you don't know why that is true and relevant, you just don't know much about football.

In other words, there's no reason whatsoever to think opposing D's will be confused when the Jets take Sanchez out and put Tebow in.

11. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Oh yeah you're right, just like Derrick Mason was gonna be 1 of our potent
    rec'vrs...!

Please, spare me!

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Do you really believe that there won't be calls for Tebow after Mark's first bad outting? Preseason possibly even?

13. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Come on, you think Defenses are that smart? It's Tim Tebow we're talking about. Tim Fuckin' Tebow! That great young, dynamic, athletic, versatile QB whose work ethic is unquestionable and he's a winner!!! He will bowl over linebackers like a bowling ball with knives and cut safties with ginzu knife precision. Maybe you haven't heard, but Tim Tebow is Brady/Manning, Vick/Cunningham and Csonka/Campbell rolled into one. (note sarcasm)

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Imo, this is complete nonsense. You think that would surprise anybody???

Btw, on this TE business, what makes anyone here think Tebow has the skills to be an NFL quality pass receiver?

The nonsense level around here this week is higher than I can ever recall by a magnitude of some near infinite number.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You just proved my point. Rex will talk up his players in the media. Doesn't mean he agrees with what he says. Coaches are supposed to pump up their players by any means possible.

16. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

All coaches talk hi'ly of their players to the fans/media. It's up to us to decide whether it's B.S. or not!

Te-blow is NOT!

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Tebowmania is inevitable. Even if the Jets are 5-0 with Sanchez, the day he has a bad game, say he throws 3 picks and Jets lose 9-35 against QBless Miami, Tebowmania will be at its best. That doesn't mean we'll change QBs. Sanchez will play as the throwing QB and Tebow will serve as the WC QB throwing the ball occasionally. Think Brad Smith, only with him throwing the ball as well.

Im not a Tebow fan, but I can definitely see an exciting offense. Imagine Sanchez throwing the ball nicely and all of a sudden, Tebow replaces a WR and lines up in the slot, goes in motion, and takes a direct snap right in front of Sanchez. Or goes in motion, lines up at QB while Sanchez Shifts to slot. Confusion. Everyones thinking this is a rush, but he takes the snap and zips one to a wr or something? Then he comes out for a couple of plays, goes back in again in a similar fashion, and now the D thinks its a pass, but he takes off running with it.

Tebow will be the gimmick QB while Sanchez will be your traditional QB.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That is definitely the plan going into it.....I'd hardly be shocked to see a QB change because of fan pressure though. In fact, I'd almost wager on it happening.

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Play QB in a non-college type offense.

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Big Blocker here. Not necessarily that the WC can't be successful, but that it's success has dimininished over time. Also, part of the reason why the WC had been successful was because defenses were caught off guard - not being able to change personnel because the WC was run by someone already on the field (on the Jets J.Kerley, L.Washington).

However, with Tebow it would not be a surprise because he will have to come into the game allowing the defense to change its personnel. The only way it will be a surprise is if Tebow is in the game in another capacity - RB/TE/H-back. After all of these years at QB who is to say that he can perform them at an NFL level? Could he? Of course, but there is no evidence. Running from the the RB spot is a lot different then running from the QB spot (I realize he's physically bigger than many other QB's). Who knows if he can play TE? He has the body I suppose, but can he run routes, get open, and catch a ball? Now your talking about putting him at safety? He might be able to do it well - if he wanted to, and if you gave him tons of experience, but what magic does Tebow have that says he can perform all of these new positions at the NFL with little background?

Lastly, if the Jets get rid of Stanton would they really open up Tebow to all these other positions if he is the only real back-up option to Sanchez?