Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

First I want to say that I am not a Tebow hater. And now that he is on the Jets, I will root for him like any other Jets player. I think he can help the Jets win. Do I want him to start? No, because that would mean Sanchez was terrible and it's never a good thing when your starting quarterback plays like shit, which is what it would take for Tebow to get the starting nod.

Now that being said, people keep clamoring about Tebow being a winner. I think the book is definitely still open on his NFL career. I understand he went 7-4 as a starter, but what people tend to forget is that Denver was 8-5 and in control of their division with 3 games left to play. They just need to win a game to wrap it up. The first game was against NE, who was the best team in the AFC last year. That is a forgivable loss. NE only lost three times last year. But the next two games were against two bad teams and Denver lost them both. He turned the ball over 4 times against Buffalo (3 int's and 1 lost fumble). Two of his int's went the other way for 6. His passer rating was 37.9. He didn't even run the ball well (10 att for 34 yds). All this against a Buffalo team that had lost 7 straight games. Tebow played awful in a very important game.

So after that they needed to win against KC, at home, to win the division and capture the 4th seed in the AFC. This was a very winnable game and the biggest game in Tebow's young NFL career. The result? A 7-3 loss where he completed 6 of 22 passes for 60 yards and one interception. Rushing? 6 attempts for 16 yards. Fumbles? He had one of those too. His rating was 20.6.....in the biggest game of his NFL career. Had it not been for Oakland's loss, Denver would have been sitting home for the playoffs.

Again, I am not hating on Tebow. He is young, inexperienced and raw. He has talent. But the magical "he's a winner" is up for debate regarding his NFL career. It is conveniently forgotten that in the two biggest regular season games of his short career he came up tiny.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That we could afford? Orton comes to mind for starters. Not sure what his costs would have been though.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

of course there is reason to be skeptical. I'm skeptical. if it works, I'll be glad, but I am not sure how it will. the last thing we need is Sanchez running on and off the field for Tebow drawn gimmick plays.

but I am not trying to claim that a backup QB wanting to be a starter is somehow unique to this situation and something indicative of why this was a bad move.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The only good thing about all this crap is that Sanchez Fans get to see what has come of Schotty's departure. Sparano was all for the Tebow trade.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

5. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Those guys are hilarious. Honestly though, when it comes to Tebow, I would pay attention to what Skip says.

The man's been right just about every single freaking thing he ever said about Tebow, up to and including him accurately predicting John was full of crap when he said Tebow would start and that he should/would be traded.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's more than just the influx of stupid coming to this site. It's EVERYWHERE! We just traded a mid-round pick for a backup QB, but it's getting more press and interest than a Hall of Fame QB going to the Broncos! ESPN, FOX, USA Today, the Boise Statesman! People who aren't even football fans are asking me about Tebow. My own Mother, who lives in Maine, asked me what I think about Tebow for chrissakes!

7. LGENF

LGENF Banned

do you want me to summarize

for the last two years

Skip - Tebow is re-inventing the QB position and will be the starter by mid season
    (tebow started the last 3 games of 2010, then started every week from week 6 on)

Smith - Tebow is a footballer, but has no business playing QB in the NFL

I don't even have to watch the video to know that is what they said at some point in that video

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I truly believe its about 90% an act on both sides. Stephen A. Smith is so extreme on his hate that its comical and ridiculous and if you listen to skip, tebow does not need another 10 players on the field with him.

it's just entertainment like WWE wrestling, no objectivity whatsoever

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

He also predicted Tebow would go 7-4 as a starter last year. Hes wrong on so much but has been right about Tebow. Did he say he thinks Tebow will start for the Jets?

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tell your mother to stop being a Tebow Troll.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Hey, this is our punishment for not buying PSLs, non-Jet, non-football fans, may buy tickets now.

Thanks everyone.

12. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

the tebots are already annoying.

13. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

damn smith got some hate for that boy, that shit sounds personal.

what's the beef between them?

14. Tebowchise

Tebowchise New Member

How many people want to stay back-ups? You want people who will push each other.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

In SKips defense about that. Who did Tebow have around him last year? Nobody. Their number 1 wr used to be a RB. No TE whatsoever. O Line was not that good. RBs were getting hurt all around him.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Not going to lie, I'll take the Tebow trade over moving down in the draft for Doug Jolley, Mike Nugent, and Justin Miller - and that's just a starting point. I'm sure we could come up with an exhaustive list of things the Jets have done that will end up being worse than this.

17. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Skip has been right on Tebow, in fact he's been one of the only, if not THE ONLY sports analyst that is PRO TEBOW

What I found funny last year was the number of analysts that started out crucifying tebow's play when he finally started, then seeing what they were saying after the Steelers victory

He made a shit load of progress last year as a QB - and many analysts saw it happen before their very eyes

18. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I already called sparano a clown for wanting to get tebow. and sparano's not good for sanchez's development. I think if sanchez doesn't play well this year, the reason for that is what happened this past week

19. whichfan

whichfan New Member

You go through stages with Skip and Stepehen A as a sports fan.

1. As a beginner, you listen to them and like them...

2. The more facts you learn about sports, the more you stop believing them.

3. The more you study sports, the more you hate them, and think they have no idea what they are talking about.

4. Once you have truly learned a lot about sports, you begin to realize, they ALSO know all of those things you do, but they purposely leave things out for entertainment purposes.

5. You start liking them again because your viewpoint from which you follow the show is completely different.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I prefer anything but the 3 ring circus this organization has devolved into. My interests don't mean a f'n thing. I posted an article. That's all. I hate the trade. Period. I used to root for the Jets no matter what depths they sink to. Not anymore. I'm not the all in, Die-hard Homer some folks are around here. Never was, never will be. I'm thankful Tebow gave me a reason to cancel my Sunday Ticket. Saved me $300 buks and perhaps getting put into a coma watchng the GnP/WC offense. If I want to watch the GnP, I'll do it for free during the week. In the meantime, I won't be changing my mind about this trade UNLESS by some miracle of miracles, this team manages to right itself, stop being a laughingstock, and actually do something more than create headlines. Until that happens, the Tebow trade to me reeeks of a publicity stunt to stay on the back pages no matter what. That's my opinion and I'm entitiled it.