Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

It's a non-story by the dope's at the Daily News. Of course Tebow is going to try to be the starting QB. We know he's a great competitor but I believe Sanchez will respond. Meta and Myers are dopes and always will be, they offer nothing.

2. benhamean

benhamean Member

'Captain' Santonio Holmes disagrees with you, and will be one of the first ones stirring up shit early if Sanchez doesn't come out like a Hall Of Famer...

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez is untradeable at the moment due to dead money hitting the cap. He'll be on the borderline next year where if the Jets must move him they could probably just cut somebody big and make the trade. After 2013 he's only tradeable as a starting QB because he has base salaries above $9 million each year plus workout bonuses.

4. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Tebow might be a better fit to our new offense but Sanchez will get the nod because of his arm

5. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Didn't want to start a new thread with all the Tebow talk going on. The JETS have officially made a mockery out of this trade and this franchise. They are now planning to have a press conference for a guy they named their BACK UP QB. Unacceptable. Everything they said is now being contradicted by holding this press conference to introduce Tim Tebow. Absolute joke.

6. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

Who gives a damn if the Jets players support Sanchez? If he plays like he did last year each and every player will be calling for Tebow. As will the fans.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Maybe the Jax gm didn't want to insult the guys on the team already?

8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

My ultimate goal would be to see if The QB you traded up for can ever be what you said he was and give him every bit of help to succeed and use my resourses for on OL, WR, RB, S, OLB and a full offseason to absorb an offense built around that QB and his strengths so he can grow and develop in 1 system with consistent weapons, Protection and a Run game which HE DID NOT HAVE LAST YEAR... As well as a reprieve from Schotty play calling.

Not another distraction and a few "Ugly Wins"

"Winning Ugly" to a Super Bowl would take the most incredible 1 shot miracle the NFL has ever seen.....

My focus is the Super Bowl - Not Tebowing some PSLs and "winning Ugly"

9. Br4d

Santonio Holmes is screwed no matter what. He's not getting the number of catches he wants in the new offense.

10. whichfan

whichfan New Member

And to add to that, anyone who thinks Sanchez will not lose his starting job before day 1 of the regular season is not living in Tebow's world. Tebow doesn't back up Sanchez. He doesn't even back-up Peyton Manning. Tebow backs up nobody. People back Tebow up. That's how it works;)

Which is why he was brought to the Jets. When that becomes clear to the rest of the Jets players, the locker room controversy will be over. There will be no controversy, because they will have no choice with Tebow as the QB. They WILL back Tebow up, and they will play for him until that very last second comes off the clock. They will bleed and sweat for him and help him get that pig skin over that white line. They WILL help him WIN.

It's not a matter of choice. Tebow's a dysfunctional Jesus, and the Jets are now his dysfunctional disciples. So is Sanchez, and Mr. Tebow will treat him with kindness because Sanchez will "make him look better than he really is";)

REALITY PEOPLE: John didn't keep Tebow because of fear of what would happen if he backed up Peyton Manning. He KNEW....he wasn't going to be able to have Tebow back up Peyton Manning quietly. Why do you think they traded him? You think Sanchez is going to stand in his way if Peyton freaking Manning wasn't going to be able to do it? If the Jets don't want Tebow to see the field they have to do what the Broncos did...trade him. It's the ONLY way.

11. PoPo

PoPo Member

I don't know about you guys but If I was the number 2 QB I would want the starting job also.

12. Br4d

That's basically how I see it. There's almost no chance that an opportunity doesn't present itself next year for Tebow to replace Sanchez during a bad stretch. Without Tebow on the roster the Jets would gut it out and stick with Sanchez. With Tebow on the roster they're absolutely going to get rolled and Tebow is going to wind up on the field eventually.

Last year on the way to a Super Bowl win Eli Manning opened up the season with a bad performance against divisional rival Washington and the Giants lost. He had a 3 game stretch where he completed 56% of his passes for 5 TD's and 4 Int's and the Giants lost 2 of the 3 games. He had another 2 game stretch where he completed 48% of his passes for a TD and 4 Int's and the Giants split the games.

Any of those sequences would cause the Tebow chants to become deafening. And this was in Eli's greatest season at the age of 30. In his 4th season half the season was a Tebow opportunity in the making.

The Jets have done this to themselves and to us. They've setup a high wire act that is going to alternately enrage and delight the fans depending on which side of the competition they are on and who is currently winning it.

It's no way to run a football team and I think by the end of the season the odds are pretty good that the management depth chart is going to look very different.

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I am a '98 Jets fan. That's longer than some fans and and shorter than a lot of others. Before '98 I liked the Jets, but never really fell in until '98 (I was 13). My favorite players are guys like Martin, Chrebet, Cotchery, I liked Coles (bc he played with his heart on his sleeve), Victor Green, mo Lewis, brian cox, richie anderson, Pennington, aaron glenn, lamont jordan, even guys like ray lucas and Bernie Parmalee (that name randomly came to me bc he played one hell of a game against his former team and basically won the game for us). The list goes on, but you get the idea of the committed players I liked.

I like guys with heart. We got gangsta mentality last season (taking plays off, talking shit about teammates) and that is some shit I really don't want to root for. Tebow is great for so many reasons. All the whiners will be whiners, fans and players included. All the men and ballers will be ballers and play the fucking game and not get caught up in the bullshit.

Embrace it. Play like a Champion. Play like a New York Jet.

Ground 'N Pound!

#3253 JetsVilma28, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  14. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Well said. I think you pretty much hit it on the head.

15. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I don't know if this is Tebowmania or if it's simply Jets fans whistling as they try to sneak past the graveyard of their hopes and dreams, but it is entertaining to see so many Jets fans trying to put a good face on this trade after the team extended Sanchez (obviously to improve cap space) and then signed Stanton as a FA. I mean, does the Jets' FO have any plan at all for the future beside filling the team with the NFL's version of circus freaks? I mean, a 4th and a 6th??? Your team really must have wanted Tebow!

Of course, maybe it's all a brilliantly perverse plan by Tannenbaum to tank 2012 and get a shot at Matt Barkley ... :lol:

16. I remember that game. Jets won like 20-3 and it wasn't even close. Watched that game at a bar at Miami airport with about 20 other screaming Jet fans. Parmalee was a beast that day, as was the Jets O-line.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That adds to my point that if the Jets wanted another starting QB they would have made a move to get one. They were out there and they will be out there. I do believe that Rex and Sporano believe in Mark and this was a move made to jumpstart our running game and allow our offense to play ground and pound ball control offense. Rex wants to play smashmouth football and adding Tebow to the mix allows him to do that.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think it is totally clear the Jets have no coherent off season plan this year.

19. BookEndTackles 72&79

Quite frankly, how can you hate on this kid??? A good guy with high character, very humble in the face of celebrity and a fierce competitor to boot. He never asked for all this attention and he doesn't revel in it nor does he encourage it. All he wants to do is play football, help his team win and live his life.

Yes, I hate the frenzy that comes with him. But as a person if you hate this guy then people need to look in the mirror.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nah, it's his fans that I hate. You clowns jerk this guy off like he's Joe Montana who can run like Alstott. It's laughable.