Rex makes a statement about the trade..Finally

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Taken from espn/newyork.com:

Hmmm. Foghorn has finally learned the art of saying things without being controversial. Not alot there. Just the usual platitudes and coach speak. Nice kiss up to the RingMaster too.

2. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

THERE beliefs?

FUCK ESPN!

also, looks like tebow is having a calming influence on rex already.

is there nothing this guy can't do?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's easy to say that Rex wasn't saying anything... or inferring that Rex wasn't giving anything away. Instead of taking what he says for a dead give away.

Tebow is going to be used in the fashion they keep telling us about. Above average backup with dynamic utility skills. He is Brad Smith on offense, but better. Spare your attention from the fake headlines that there is a controversey at QB.

THERE ISN'T.

4. You're 100% right. The only people who believe there will be a QB controversy are the media. That's because the media WANTS their to be a controversy. If there isn't..this is a non story after about a week. With Tebow's national following, they want to make this into the soap opera it isn't.

5. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

This in a nutshell. Everyone is just simply trying to stir up a stupid pointless story from thin air. Yes Tebow will be used in Wildcat situations, Yes he will sometimes throw from it, and yes Sanchez will be on the sidelines rather than being useless at WR.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I've never really criticized anything Rex says but this concerns me... Sounds like Rex isn't doing anything to discourage the locker room troubles of 2011 from happening again.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Rex isn't going to say through the media that hes against it. Rex never handled anything publicly with players. Everything in them media is "I love this guy" or "great guy" but behind closed doors, as we saw a little in Hard Knocks, Rex gets after the guys

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Here is my thing.... WHO CARES if there is a QB controversy... i've read and listened to all the negatives for bringing in tebow:

- added pressure on sanchez

- fans will call for sanchez to be benched after first mistake

- the circus comes with tebow

- he sucks and cant throw

1) who cares if there is added pressure on sanchez. didnt everyone and there mom criticize the team for coddling him just liek 2 months ago??

2) who cares if the fans want sanchez benched.... werent people calling for mark to be benched at the end of last season? didnt some of his own teammates call him out? and that was with mark brunnell as the backup!

3) who cares if tebow brings a circus.... thats the atmosphere we have had, and somewhat thrived in since the rex era began

the only legit gripe, is that he might suck.... but i mean, he is replacing brunell/drew stanton.

im yet to hear one legit gripe that wouldnt still be an issue if tebow were not here

9. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I think the bigger picture is being missed in here. Of course, there isn't a QB controversy within the organization. Unless they are completely incompetent (and this trade does not help their case but nevertheless), they do know who the better QB is between the two. However, we all know the media and all the Tebow fanatics will go into a frenzy as soon as Sanchez has a bad game or shows his usual inconsistencies during the year.

The pressure the organization will get from all these different sides is going to be like nothing they have ever seen despite it being total and utter nonsense. But, it doesn't matter if its fabricated crap because the whole organization including Rex and Tanny can tell everyone till they're blue in the face that Mark is the number 1 and it still won't die down the cries for Tebow to start. Some might say, "well the Jets won't cave in to the pressure...they run the team and not the media/fans." And again, they'd be missing the entire picture. Could you imagine how Mark and the rest of this team is going to feel having to answer questions about the QB situation day after day...game after game if Sanchez is struggling even in the slightest? It will wear them all down, and this is not exactly the strongest of locker rooms as we all know.

Rex and Tanny better be ready for that shit-storm. They brought this on themselves, and I do not have the confidence in Mark to say he's going to come in and play lights out football when he had a shaky season last year and is now learning a completely new offense. I still can't believe they took this kind of a risk on a guy who is only going to factor into MAYBE 50 plays in the whole season. It doesn't make sense.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

what is this huge risk that everybody is so worried about? they traded a fourth rd pick and picked up a great young back up QB who is a proven winner and dynamic football player that immensly improves the ability to run multiple options and wildcat plays. What is the risk that some of you are getting your panties all knotted up over??? We got a former 1st rd pick who is a beast for defenses to deal with for a 4th rd pick.

11. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I think you and Abyz are on to something here. One other thing to note is that if the plays that Tebow runs helps extend drives then these are plays the offense may not have had otherwise and may lead to additional scores. Part of my point with that statement is that Tebow may not really take snaps away from Sanchez because overall there may be more snaps due to the offense being more potent.

I wasn't a fan of the trade, though it will definitely be interesting to see how it all turns out

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Tebow deserves to start somewhere in the NFL and have an offense built around his skill set. That's basically the ONLY legitimate gripe. The other ones you mention are not.

13. BobLivius

BobLivius New Member

14. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I am really looking forward to see what they create on the offense this coming season. I have a feeling it is going to be fun to watch.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No he doesn't deserve to start somewhere in the NFL. Did you see how bad he was last year at running an NFL offense? The Broncos scored 63 points in 11 first halves that he QB'd. They were kept in the games by their defense, which had a couple of great players on it and one of the best rookie defenders last season.

Then voila at the end of the game after the defense has carried Tebow's jock all game long he came through for them about a half dozen times.

You know how many games Tebow wins last year if the Broncos are just an average defense behind him? Maybe 3.

16. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Not only does the media want a quarterback controversy but the NFL may want a quarterback controversy to divert attention away from the scandal that may develop if the federal investigation into Sam Hurd reveals other players are involved.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The NFL is very happy the Tebow to the Jets trade occurred. About 90% of the attention that would have gone on Bounty-Gate has been diverted at least momentarily. If they're really lucky the draft hype will pick up after the Tebow thing has died down and help them some more.

If the Jets were a better organization I'd figure this was a setup by the NFL to resolve the Tebow problem in Denver and also sweep Bounty-Gate under the rug. The problem is that the move reeks of Jetsness at this point.

18. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Ryan was asked if he ever envisioned a quarterback competition between Sanchez and Tebow.

"I look at it this way: We're incredibly fortunate to have a couple of quarterbacks with playoff wins,...."

I nearly blew chunks of dinner thru my nose after reading this!!

Yo Rex....are you for REAL!!??

YES to Mark & his 4-2 playoff record, but to include Te-blow's lucky-@ss, OT
    win vs an aging Steeler team (take away that 80-yd pass & Te-blow is spending his off season @ some church, synagogue or temple; not that it's a bad thing!) is total lack of respect to what Sanchez accomplished in the playoffs!

Totally disgusted!!!!

19. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

are you serious?

rex LOVES to talk up his players.

20. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I would add that it is a 4th round pick that otherwise had no certainty as to what it would produce. Draft picks are just futures, with potential. They aren't NFL proven commodities. At least with Tebow we have a pretty good idea of what we got with our 4th round pick.

I wasn't thrilled about this Tebow thing when it was a rumour, at it will probably be a circus, but it's done now.

For as long as he is on the team, I'll be hoping that positive things come of him being here. Just like I did when Neil O'Donnell, or Boomer, or Vinny, or Favre, or Sanchez, or any other new guy came to the team.

When he eventually leaves, I'll be hoping for positive things out of the next guy.