Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Phear

Phear New Member

Haha, you're the one that started with the passer rating BS. Sanchez beat Peyton Manning in his house in the playoffs, no pressure? He then beat Tom Brady in his house, in the playoffs, no pressure? Get a clue.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You're 100% right. I did a little independent reading on QBR a while back and found many instances where relative QB performance between players wasn't accurately reflected by QBR. However, the biggest discrepancies were due to having too small of a sample size.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Tebow is the opposite of dink and dunk. He is a run the ball or bomb it.

4. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

This is true. Say the worst case scenario happens, Sanchez has a Vince Young breakdown and Tebow starts. Then what? If he's terrible and we keep losing, Tebowmania will die a quick death and we'll move on. If he's terrible and we start winning, Tebowmania goes nuts but we're winning. Are people afraid of winning ugly?

5. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

These Tebow trolls are fucking annoying.

The dude isn't a franchise QB...

He should leave the league and go make money off suckers.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Sanchez never won a playoff game "in the manner that Tebow did last year"? He won 4! All on the road! He beat Manning in Indy. He beat Brady in NE. He beat Rivers in SD. He beat Palmer in Cincy.

Tebow beat Big Ben at home on the first play of OT. BFD. Yet that one game PROVES that Tebow has a higher ceiling? Holy crap, I need a beer.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

One of them is a Dolphin fan of 37 years. What's your take on that?

8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Not sure what you are talking about, but I'm not lying about Tebow's numbers.

Minnestota:

10/15 202 13.5 2 0 149.3

Steelers:
    10/21 316 15.0 2 0 125.6

He also led the lead in air passing yards per attempt efficiency last year.

People blow Tebow's throwing abilities out of proportion. He CAN be a good passer, he HAS passed at an NFL level, he has done it.

And if you're talking about career numbers:

Mark Sanchez': 73.2 Career passer
    Tim Tebow: 75.1 career passer.

The difference is Tebow's interception % is much lower, which happens to be pretty important, while Sanchez has 55 TD's and 51 interceptions. On top of that, Tebow also has rushing stats to boot which Sanchez can't measure up to. He averages 5.4 yards per carry which most running backs can't touch.

So if I'm lying then take it up with the NFL, because they must be making this shit up.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This season will be straight out of a tv show...Fright Night Lights

Sanchez = Saracen
    Tebow = Saracen Jr.
    Santonio = Smash

Must see television

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Do I really see an argument based on only one stat and that is QB rating, one of the most flawed statistics, especially when taken in sample sizes like with Tebow. Not only is the poster basing everything off one stat, he/she is doing it off one game in the playoffs.

Tell me the time Sanchez leads his team 8-8, he can get a home playoff game? Tell me the time Sanchez plays with a Mile High HF advantage and a hobbled quarterback who can't move in the playoffs. How is the wild card playoff game more pressure than the divisional game? The pressure goes up as you go through the playoffs. Face the fact, Tebow is winner, has yet put together 1 full great game, had a great defense in denver, had a great kicker in denver, had some real lucky breaks (weakest division, marion barber, no division rival over .500, etc etc) and he took advatange of them.

What I have seen from Tebow is that he is much too inconsistent, needs a specific college offense, and is only required to throw the ball 15 times a game. Nothing from there makes me think he can be a great NFL quarterback, let alone have more upside than Mark Sanchez.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The game vs Steelers Pittsburgh stacked the box and ran Cover 1, 0 all day. They sold out on the run and paid the price. This will not be happening regularly if he's the starting QB you say he is.

This argument is laughable. The guy throws 15 times a game with probably 12 of those play-action attempts having established the run game and he's cerebral? You, sir, are biased.

12. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Which one of them was in overtime under that much pressure?

And no I'm not saying that game proves he has a higher ceiling, I'm saying the game in Minnesota where he put up a 149.5 QB passer rating proves he has a higher ceiling. What does prove he has a higher ceiling to you? To me, DOING IT, proves it. That's the first step. Then comes doing it consistently.

Unless you wanna talk about subjective crap like what you "feel" he can do, or "intangibles". I say show me results. Tebow's done that.

#3012 whichfan, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^No. Doing it for 4 Quarters proves it. Sanchez has proved he can be good in the last 2 minutes of a game and move the ball with help of a run game as well. The edge goes to Sanchez because he can throw a fuckin spiral.

14. displacedfan

So one game at Minnesota says he has higher upside because of passer rating?

You know who has a 150+ passer rating in their career, Antwan Randle El. Passer rating is one of the most flawed statistic.

Tebow has not shown anything close to what Sanchez has shown. He hasn't showed the accuracy or touch. His best plays are when the play breaks down and his really fast receiver runs really fast to catch the ball. Does that mean he can't play football, no. It means he does not have more upside at QB than most QB's in the league.

15. Phear

Phear New Member

Haha, this for the win.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

How is it that hard to imagine a 24 year old qb who has LESS than 1 season under his belt improving ?

I mean hes gonna get 10 snaps a game to display SOME skill, if Sanchez ever gets banged up or its a blowout (eitherway) hell get some action, and if week 17 doesnt matter, you know hes playing that game.

Fact is Tebow is planning on being a starter somewhere sometime, i can guarentee you this. So whether its 1 2 or 3 years, all he needs is to improve even just a LITTLE, and have one or two good games, and hes completley tradable

17. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Excuses excuses. That's their fault. The objective of the game is to BEAT the defense. Don't act like the fact that Tebow can rush didn't have somethign to do with the Steelers being in that situation. Let's not pretend that John Fox's play calling of ALWAYS running on first down didn't have something to do with that.

And the game in Minnesota where he put up a 149.5 QB passer rating? What about that? What excuses do you have for that one?

Cause it seems to me every time Tebow does something great as a passer it gets explained away by everyone.

Guess what? Tebow IS ALWAYS going to draw coverages like that when he averages 5.4 yards per carry. GOOD for him! It means he'll have plenty of other opportunities to burn other defenses like Pittsburgh's.

That's why your coach drafted him. Because of THAT fact. That's what they mean when they say he's hard to defend. Tebow's rushing threats dictates to the defense.

Not a lot of quarterbacks can dictate to the defense. Most have to take what the defense give them. With Tebow, if use use him correctly, you have the ability of dictating to a defense much like a 5-wide, spread offense does. You put 5 WR on the field you DICTATE pass. You force the defense to cover the pass. You put Tebow on the field on 3rd and 2 you FORCE the defense to cover the run even if you show pass.

Big strategic advantage that other quarterbacks can't give you. You can put NFL defenses in bad situations with Tebow if you use him correctly and intuitively.

And there's another big advantage you have from Tebow that you don't have from guys like Vick, Young, or even RG 3. He doesn't run like those guys. He runs like a freaking running back. Like a true, NFL, running back, which includes grinds, breaking tackles, digging your shoulder down.

He power runs.

#3017 whichfan, Mar 22, 2012
  18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So you're going to crunch numbers and ignore schematics? :drunk:

Football is human chess, it's ALL about the schematics. That's the whole point of bringing your boy in here, to fuck with gameplans.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

And I'm not 100% because I've only watched two Bronco games from last year (NYJ, PIT -both games where box was stacked, difference being Jet corners far superior to PIT), but I'm willing to bet Minnesota sold out for the run and paid the price as well. That won't be happening here, Belichick isn't fuckin stupid. You saw what he draws up for your boy.

20. displacedfan

If it is such a huge advantage, name the last time a running QB has won the Super Bowl. Definitely not in the last 10 years.

And if he dictates that defense, how come he put up 3 points against KC, 14 against Buffalo, 13 against Chicago, 16 at SD, 10 against the Jets, 17 against KC, 10 against Detroit, 18 against Miami, 10 against NE,
    Oh and in the numbers above I only took out the defensice score in the Jets game since I don't know if any others happened. But yeah he really dictated the defense in those games.

You see, it is not excuses, it is reality. His defense allowed him to win multiple games where he put up under 20 points. His Kicker allowed the coaches to settle for 50+ yard field goals. His coaches changed the whole offense to cater him. It isn't Tebow performing miracles (no pun intended), it is the team putting him in a good position.

Thanks Jake for trying to help me explain it to this guy/girl. I'm going to stop unless I get a valid argument back. I guess these type of arguments are to be expected all year now...

Even with ALL this, I will obviously support Tebow since he is a NYJ. That doesn't mean I will listen to illogical arguments just because he is Jet.

#3020 displacedfan, Mar 22, 2012