Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Sure I did, and I already stated that, but it doesn't change the facts and the numbers.

Just because his name is Tebow it doesn't mean that when HE DOES put up a 149 passer rating, it should be discounted. He CAN do it. He has shown it.

2. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

If you give him 10 snaps per game, you have to allow for somewhere in the 60 - 80% range that they will involve him running. That leaves you with 2 - 4 snaps that will either be handed off or thrown. It doesn't leave enough pass attempts for another team to be sure of his passing abilities and would be a serious gamble.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The plan?

You must like checkers.

There more than 4 different ways this could go. One of those is Tebow shows enough in limited snaps to recoup a bounty.

He could also be great at the WC, (ala Brad smith) and depart via FA.

Or Could become part of the organization, get paid as a better than backup, and stay on despite the above, because he likes it here, and we win...

Or He could get a shot like Steve Young did, and shine in the spotlight long term.

Plan? One destination?

4. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I think we flip him to jax next year

5. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

oh god yes please...please god make it so...damn tebowites got to me already...gettin all religious and stuff..

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

m night shyamalan would approve of this twist

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The fact of the matter is that Sanchez has improved in all 3 years he's been in the NFL. It is the OFFENSIVE LINE that has regressed each year. Sanchez is going to be the dominant starter, there won't even be a competition. Tebow will do his wildcat thing and Mark will manage the passing game. That's how it's gonna be. I'm confident in his ability and leadership.

8. Phear

Phear New Member

Umm, Sanchez is 6th all time in the NFL as far as post season passer rating is concerned. You fail.

9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Not unless he improves in mechanics, takes over for Sanchez, shows he can make all the throws while protecting the football, and wins a bunch. Doing all of those things is a tough ask, and if he gets that done, I can't see why we would trade him.

10. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Just a heads up - this team has had Brett Favre as its QB. Absolutely nothing happened that year.

What you think makes sense, makes no sense in green and white.
    I have been a fan since '96, shorter than a lot of people here. However, there has been very little to celebrate in that time. I hope your experience is different.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

You hate religious people but your username is Saint Chez

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Holy fuck I am rooting for Nacho more than ever before. Get it done Mark.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I wish. No chance, Woody wants to make cashola.

14. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

10 completions = 149.5 qbr. that's really all you need to know that qbr is flawed. tebow's qbr this season was 72.9. sanchez's qbr was 78.2. sp using your favorite stat.......

tebow has never thrown for 4 touchdowns in a game. in fact, he's never even thrown for 3. he has never thrown for more than 300 yards in a regular season game. tebow has never won 2 playoff games. this is a really stupid game.

a divisional playoff game is not the "greatest of pressure."

i like the fact tebow is here. but to claim he has put together a more complete passing game than sanchez is ridiculous.

[YOUTUBE]pAATerH70Dg[/YOUTUBE]

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^No man he had a perfect rating after 5 throws so therefore he's capable of carving defenses up.

16. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

He better be just as pissed as i am pissed for him. He better do so well that by week 5 people forget that Tebow is on the team. Then we trade Tebow and his cult to Jax when they're begging for a half-way decent qb and ticket sales.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Stop lying about Tebow's passer rating. He had 75 last year and 82 the year before. OMG regression! LOL. David akers had a 150 passer rating last season. Don't bet the farm on it. Call me when Tebow can get more than 150 yards a game.

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

don't interrupt him while he's pleading with god!

19. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Once again I am talking about ceiling. I have already said, as far as consistency goes, Tebow doesn't have it. But Sanchez has never put up better numbers in the regular season than Tebow. He's never won a playoff game in the manner that Tebow did last year in overtime with the game on the line under that much pressure.

You cannot overlook those things when it comes to Tebow. He has shown he has a higher ceiling in his first year as a starter.

Whether or not he can ever become consistent is a different story, but whether or not he can do it, or has the ability to do it, is no longer a question. He proved it.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member