Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Who's Drew Stanton?

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

nobody is saying they do. but they do indicate ability when used in conjunction with NFL stats.

3. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Phear, I'm sorry but that's not how it works. Or this thread wouldn't exist. Most guys get their one shot, and that's it.

In fact you got it backwards. Only quarterbacks like Manning actually get time to develop. The ones you have enough reason to believe will turn out special. The remaining players get tried out, if they do good you run with them, if they don't...NEXT MAN UP!

The NFL has always been and will always be NEXT MAN UP!

4. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

:rofl2: at anyone who would pick stanton over tebow.

with one drive to win the game.. who do you go with?

5. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

STANTON.....SUCKS...:metal:

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

^ That..Nuff said?

So Full of Win, dude!

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

When does the inexperience excuse stop? Before his 9th year, 10th year or 11th year? I know it is one of those three, but I just don't know which one exactly.

8. Phear

Phear New Member

Lol, Sanchez has improved every year. Tim Tebow is not a better NFL QB than Mark Sanchez, period. If Tebow was so good Denver does not trade him.

9. Hobbes3259

Their.

Ok. Good Point. Who had Tom Moore, and Pro Father, and Who had Brian Schottenheimer.

And..If you go by playoff wins and records, at similar points in their career, the UNEQUIVOCAL answer, is Mark Sanchez. Manning had a higher QBR, but played in a better offense. Sanchez had 2 playoff appearances and 4 road playoff wins (Including..beating..ahem Manning in his own house)

Of Course it might be a stretch asking you to make apples and apples comparisons. ...

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-ties-nfl-record-for-most-road-playoff-wins/1

#2969 Hobbes3259, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Is the plan to... Eventually trade Tebow ?

While I truly do not like this trade, the truth is we only gave up a 4th round pick and a tiny bit of cap space for him (even less if we can get Stanton off the books).

But the one saving grace is Tebow is still under a rookie contract, and for 3 more years at that.

Considering that he only played 1 year (well 1 year getting notable playing time), and has reasonable potential upside, do you think that Tanny actually thought this through ?

Look at the bounty that the Eagles got for Kolb, and he sucks. Plus his contract was an absolute mess.

Do you think it could be the plan to have Tebow getting his 10ish snaps a game, possibly more depending on Sanchez, while working his ass off to earn a starting job.

Then after the season we can just turn around and actively shop him ?

I mean Kolb got a bounty, Brandon Marshall is a WR and a complete shit head sleezeball and he got two 3rd round picks. If Tebow progresses at even a mediocre rate (3rd year is supposed to be the magic year for QBs after all), we might actually get a killing on him.

I mean hes a 24 year old playing the most important position in all of sports, who already had a winning season, and is considered an OUTSTANDING character guy. All that and the fact that he has an incredibly cap friendly contract, I truly think that its completely reasonable that we could get at least 2 decent draft picks for him in either 1 or 2 seasons.

Obviously there are tons of things that could go wrong, but with how desperate teams are for QBs these days, this might really workout.

11. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I disagree. Tebow IS a better NFL QB. He's just not a better passer....yet.

But even as a passer, Tebow's PROVED, in the NFL, he has a higher ceiling.

149.5 Passer Rating as a FIRST YEAR starter?
    125.6 Passer rating in the playoffs, including an overtime win?
    6 4th quarter comebacks?
    Clutch factor?

Sanchez never did that. Come on dude!

Give the guy credit. He was inconsistent, but he HAS put up more impressive numbers, AS A PASSER, than Sanchez. He was 3 points away from a PERFECT PASSER rating.

Peyton NEVER had a 149.5 passer rating as a first year starter.

Don't deny the fact that as an NFL quarterback, we look for consistency and passing ability, but considering the fact we DON'T have such a thing as a 4th quarter closer in the NFL(which I think we should btw), then we all agree if a quarterback doesn't have the clutch factor, the 4th quarter comeback ability, he's useless no matter how consistent he is.

And if there's one thing at least Tebow has proved, is that he is FANTASTIC in the 4th quarter, both as a passer, quarterback, leader, clutch factor etc.

Tebow has, at the very least, proved, he has those qualities that are hardest to find in a successful NFL quarterback.

PS: And there's that whole protecting the football and interception thing, which Tebow is one of the best in the game at. Tebow goes out of his way, just so he won't throw an interception. That's part of the reason his numbers look bad, but in more cases than not, he avoids the terrible pass that ends up in an interception and costs you the football game. That's huge. Most guys choke, fumble around and feel the pressure to throw...and they throw a bad pass. Tebow has no problem with NOT throwing and throwing the ball away or taking a sack. ;)

#2971 whichfan, Mar 22, 2012
  12. Hobbes3259

I gotta keep asking...You just picked up a two time national champion, Heisman trophy winner, winning NFL starter, Playoff winner, for essentially a 4th round draft pick, to replace a guy that's been buried at #3 on the...:rofl2: Detroit Lions depth chart for years....and your problem is what exactly?

Guy takes a 1-4 team to a division title, and a playoff victory, in a stadium we never could..and we're complaining.

TO quote another poster.

IF THE AVERAGE JETS FAN FOUND A BAG FULL OF 20's HE'D COMPLAIN THAT THEY WEREN'T 50's

13. Hobbes3259

I'm sorry, which word didn't you understand????

ESL student?

14. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i don't see how his value goes up playing for us.

he just turned around a team, led them to the playoffs and a win as a starting qb. now he's a backup qb, gadget something.. either way, it is a drastically reduced role. even if he does well, he's not going to be seen as any more of a potential franchise qb than he was this offseason.

i also think kolb really messed things up for the lightning in a bottle backup qbs. flynn is the first one who suffered. marshall is a proven commodity. he's a nutcase but he's a really good receiver when the pro bowl brandon marshall alter ego is the one controlling the body.

15. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

not clutch? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ZRk5RpuuY

comebacks he actually manufactured not by his defense or field goal kicker...he also has a high passer rating in the playoffs.. and hes played in over twice as many playoff games Tebow has..

16. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

sanchez has 9 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives.

he also has more playoff victories, and had more in his rookie season than tebow did.

that is not a good argument to prove tebow is better than sanchez.

qbr means nothing when tim tebow achieved 149.5 rating while completing 10 passes.

17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

No - This is like having money in a CD, some guy coming along claiming he can, at a higher risk, potentially get a better return on your money in a new invention that wow'ed people at a demonstration in Times Square, taking your money and investing it in the new invention. Sure, it could work out, but was it worth the risk? Also, did the sample size of people in Times Square really provide enough information to determine the future success of the investment going forward?

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

In 3 years. And I was talking about passing numbers. It's a fact. Sanchez has never put up a 149.5 passer rating or 125.6 passer rating in the playoffs in over time.

Tebow's already put together a more complete passing game compared to Sanchez. You can't overlook that. We saw it against Minnesota. And we saw it under the greatest of pressure in over time against the Steelers.

As far as ceiling goes, what I saw from Tebow as a passer and Sanchez, Tebow has already shown more. Sanchez's best rating in his career was 139.4.

Tebow's done better in the playoffs and blew it away in the regular season.

Again, don't buy into the idiots who say Tebow can't do it. He CAN do it. He hasn't done it consistently. Big difference. And there are a lot of reasons, besides Tebow, why he was inconsistent.

PS: I bet you at some point next year, Tebow will put up a perfect passer rating. And people will go ape crazy.

#2978 whichfan, Mar 22, 2012
  19. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

We get it. You're a jet fan because of Tebow. You joined because of Tebow.

20. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I don't see his value increasing..