Good Article by Ian O'connor on Tebow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Benny the Jet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to feel the same way about Sanchez. He just has the man the f up and perform. If he does that, I don't foresee any problems.

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Ian O'Connor is watching you type.

[​IMG]

3. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the point of the tons of posters who wanted the Jets to bring in a serious back-up for Sanchez? Either he gets it done or he's out. How much worse will it be if Sanchez continues to get coddled and he still doesn't perform?

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You got to be shitting me.

You honestly can't see the difference between bringing in a quality backup like a Chad Henne, David Garrad, etc compared to bringing in Tim Tebow the backup?

Seriously?

This is beyond a "coddled" stance, this is a back lash that will happen. It's just a matter of when it happens.

There is only a handful of teams that could probably handle a guy like Tim Tebow as their backup QB, we sure as fuck are not one of those teams.

5. NYSuperDoodle

NYSuperDoodle New Member

I'm sick of people treating Sanchez like he's some kind of special ed student who has to be handled like the Murano vase of QB's. He's a pro and he can handle the challenge of a hard working backup QB. If he can't handle that then the bigger mistake in this recent series of events would be having extended his contract. The argument that Tebow challenges Sanchez too much is ridiculous.

6. IIMeanDeanII

Dude...

You clearly don't understand how big Tim Tebow and the following that comes with him is.

NO QB WOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE CIRCUS THAT COMES A LONG WITH TEBOW EXCEPT A HANDFUL OF TEAMS!

This is what most of us are seeing. Get over the coddling, fragile Sanchez bullshit. That isn't even the factor. The factor is the overwhelming pressure Tim Tebow is going to put on not only Sanchez but this team and this organization in general. The media are going to chew us up and spit us out. This is going to be a complete disaster.

The only teams that could probably handle TebowMania is the Packers and NE.

I think teams like the Saints and Giants would even struggle with Tebow on their roster to be honest.

Regardless, Tebow should have never been traded for. Period. This is an easy prediction of things to come.

I hope to eat crow but I doubt it.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

in life the majority rules. if non-Tebow Jet fans are so minimal that the Tebow contingent can negate them, then the Tebow fans have earned whatever pressure they are able to put on the organization.

of course, this is all speculation, fear and insecurity at this point. if you want to be fearful, that's you. that doesn't make the speculation, fear and insecurity a prediction of things to come because it is a reflection of you, not the situation.

this isn't some small town team, it is a team that plays in one of the largest cities in the world. Tebowmania drowning out Denver in no way equates to being able to do so in New York. if you are trying to make a rational prediction you are failing because you are ignoring that very big difference between the two.

8. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I keep hearing this about the media, fans, Tebows fans "chewing us up and spitting us out" and how loud they are going to scream for Tebow. Who gives a flying donkey dick what anyone says! People have been bashing this team since Rex got here and all the crap that has followed since.

If this helps us win, I can give two shits what anyone says. The media bashing the Jets, yeah that has never happened before.

9. IIMeanDeanII

In no way is it a reflection of my insecurities. It has more to do with me having common sense, considering this craze has already taken over the Bronco's with Elway at the helm. They gave into the craze that is Tim Tebow, not because he was the better QB but because his following is so massively strong, they really couldn't ignore it.

Your argument is completely ass backwards to me.

A small market team really should never have that type of hype over a QB unless they play like Elway did. Tebow is not popular because he is God's gift to the QB position, he is popular because of the man he is. It was all the media hyped up when you talked about the Bronco's and the only reason the Bronco's got that type of media exposure is because of Tim Tebow. Otherwise you would barely hear anything about the Bronco's, it never would have happened.

In New York it is natural for every media outlet to be blowing up everything and anything. Drama, Over-Reactions, Etc. It is something that naturally happens with this team because of their location. The bigger the media outlet, the more media exposure is going to be present. This is a bigger stage for TebowMania. Which will surely result in A LOT more pressure with an even bigger following to come.

When that happens, what do you think will happen next? Nothing?

This strikes me as common sense not some random insecurity that you seem to be insinuating.

10. JetBlue

Again, you are ignoring other factors to make your argument. they didn't give into the Tebow craze because his contingent was so strong; they gave in because the team was playing terrible at 1-4 so they had nothing to lose.

you can't throw that pretty important tidbit out and think you are actually explaining the entire situation.

beyond that, had the Broncos continued to lose with Tebow there would have been no media exposure. but they did not. they actually won, and won in dramatic and unlikely fashions. those combined generated the media exposure, not simply Tebow playing.

again, you are ignoring that factor to make your argument. and any argument that ignores the entire situation and simply picks and chooses the elements that support their poistion is inherently a weak argument.

so, that is not common sense the conclusion you have come to. it is either a deliberate attempt to distort the facts and pretend that the things that dispute your position do not exist, which is nothing more than self-delusion, or it is simply an incorrect conclusion to come to because it is based on an incomplete analysis of the situation.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Maybe Elway is a pussy as a front office executive. Like You said.

Not quite the case here now is it..Tebow is no longer an unknown. He'd have to pass the ball lights out in practice to even be considered to have a shot at extended playing time, in the event of an extended (3 game) Sanchez slump.

You might see more Wildcat, but you are NEVER going to see a threat to Sanchez from Tebow in this season, or the next..)..

Yeah, Rex succumbs to pressure...rmfe.

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Everyone is assuming Tebow will be successful, rip through defenses for yards and make throws when he needs to, no questions asked.

This is interesting.

13. JetBlue

where do you see everyone assuming that? please point that out.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't think anybody is assuming that Tebow is going to be Steve Young. What I find interesting is the assumption that competition and pressure to work hard, perform well and win games is somehow a bad thing to have. I find it interesting that some here are assuming that adding a popular talented hard working dual threat QB as a backup/wildcat option will somehow destroy the team - a team by the way that sucked last season and needs to improve dramatically in offensive intensity and toughness. If you fear hard work, constant improvement and competition - get off the Jets and go run a pizza parlor in queens. Suck it up and strap it on or go home - welcome the NFL - Welcome to the Jets - We Need to Push the Envelope to get Better.

Embrace the competition and Man the F up.

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The past two days throughout a few threads. It isn't hard to miss.

It isn't about the competition - that is fine. It is about expecting a normal amount of error by a QB, realizing that the normal toleration will be diminished from here on out - since Tebow is on the team. Tebow changes everything. Think fans are unbelievably short tempered here in NYC? Square that now. That is how i predict this upcoming season to unfold. The funny thing is, I don't trust this team's decision makers to make the correct decisions regarding development and team structure.

16. JetBlue

a few people now equates to everyone?

what most people are doing is simply discussing the positives of Tebow from the basis that he will be successful in the role he is given because it is a role he has been successful in in the past. that isn't assuming it is going to happen, simply discussing it from the perspective of if it does.

that isn't hard to miss.

17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

There are people joining this site because of him. Other members claim he can beat Sanchez out of the starting job.

As far as his success in the NFL - it is a small sample. Furthermore, most of his amazing wins last year were accomplished due to the ball bouncing Denver's way late in the game while they were losing. That in no way diminishes what Tebow was able to do with Denver, after all he still had to be able to get it done, but it is reasonable to make note of it.

If he gets jammed at or behind the line, misses his targets, is unable to execute - where does that put Sparano's offense?

18. JetBlue

please don't classify those idiots as "everyone."

19. IIMeanDeanII

You are ignoring factors that played into Tebow becoming the starting QB. He was clearly not the better QB between Orton and Tebow, from a QB perspective. The media and Tebow's following made life unbearable for Orton to overcome such great odds.

A 1-4 record was no reason to bail on Orton, they did not have to succumb to Tebow at that point in time but because the hype and pressure was so enormous they went with it by forming a brand of football that would only work with Tebow.

Which has been figured out since then by the end of the year because they lost what 3-4 straight at the end of the year?

They put Tebow in with a plan that defenses had not seen before, yes, they won in unique dramatic fashion because it was something new just like the wildcats success, which has fueled the fire which is TebowMania. Agreed.

Some of the things you are saying I agree with but my point is that this NYJ team is a disaster waiting to happen.

The controversial nature of this beast alone is spelling trouble.

Do you think that our recent locker room turmoil is not something that could spell disaster with this situation?

Our coaching staff has been weak and blinded by so much dumb lately, they are starting to make me wonder if they know up from down.

I get the sense that this coaching staff are starting to get a little desperate after an 8-8 ridden season. I don't mind the Tebow signing at all if it is for the right reasons, If they stay true to who the better QB is and treat it as such.

I doubt it though, I mean Tanny is literally already saying hypothetical's that would insinuate that Sanchez would be pulled from the starting QB role in a game. That isn't going to cut it with statements being made like that. I think it is a fairly good indicator on what direction this is headed, but what do I know?

I just would not put it past this team to pull a knee jerk reaction at some point and name Tebow the starting QB. From a fan standpoint, I would absolutely hate it and I can easily see it coming.

Like I said, only time will tell.

#59 IIMeanDeanII, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Sanchez just signed a 52M contract extension. If he is unable to improve and succeed then that is on him. I think he'll have a great season and I think Tebow is a much better option than Drew Stanton was as backup QB and I think Tebow will improve too. The Jets will be a better team because of this move.