Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Let me ask you a question: why did Elway do everything he could to kill Tebow's career in Denver?

It's not vanity. He's not worried that Tebow will make the Broncos fans forget Elway. If he was worried about that he'd just have kept Kyle Orton as the starter. Instead he has brought in probably the greatest QB to ever play the game to start for the Broncos. If anybody is going to push Elway off of the top of the Broncos all time great list it's Peyton Manning.

He obviously likes Tim Tebow. At least that's what he has consistently said when Tebow was a backup and then starter.

What is it about Tim Tebow that made John Elway run him out of town so fast? Why did the Broncos go all-in for Peyton Manning when they had a guy who had just taken them to the playoffs for the first time in a half decade?

Figure the answer to that one out and you will understand why I see Tim Tebow's arrival in NY as almost the worst possible thing that could have happened to the Jets at this point.

2. TimeSquareTim

TimeSquareTim Banned

I've been a fan of Tebow since his college days,I root for him which ever team he's on.

#2862 TimeSquareTim, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If this team gets off to that kind of start then everybody will be fired at the end of the season and both QBs will be shipped out (if they can figure out how to do that) so who is really going to care?

4. Br4d

No it doesn't fall apart at all.

Let's say Tim Tebow comes in and leads some late game comebacks and the Jets finish 9-7, make the playoffs, and then lose in the divisional round to somebody.

You know what's going to happen to the Jets and Tim Tebow in that situation? They're going to be figuratively crucified by the media and fans for their failures.

And that's the upside here.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He's a good guy. It's his cult-following that I hate. Hate isn't a strong enough word -despise. That sounds better.

6. jlee499

jlee499 Member

That was a pretty good read... when does the book come out? This Tebow trade has gotten totally out of hand with all the speculation of what is going to happen and no clue to what 'will' happen. I have decided to just wait for the movie version and leave the guessing up to the pro's on here.

7. Br4d

By the time you have been watching the Jets for 40 years you understand how things go. This franchise is going to have to become absolutely exemplary in terms of how they conduct business before they sniff a Super Bowl.

The next year or two are just a sideshow on the path to that eventual enlightenment which may be Woody's or may be the next owners.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If Sanchez doesn't progress, we don't have a capable NFL QB. Plain and simple. Tebow is a gadget player. Useful yes, nowhere near as dynamic as his fans say he is.

9. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

it's funny, the hate for this guy is just as irrational as the mad love.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This has got to be a joke account.

11. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Elway chased Tebow out of town because he was not a pocket passer and that is what Elway wants in his offense - that's your answer

12. jlee499

jlee499 Member

I first became a Jets fan when Joe Namath was signed in 1965 (Alabama fan). So, I have been through all the 'screw-ups, almosts and what if's' that the Jets have thrown at us over those years. This is not new to me, but I am tiring of the Tebow bashing. I was not a fan of his when he was at Florida or in Denver, but he is a Jet now and I can only hope this organization will get it's act together... finally.

I know the odds and history are against that happening, but as a Jet fan I have to keep hoping. I honestly believe we will have a good season... Especially if we get enough Alabama players on our team, i.e. McElroy, Richardson, etc. :)

13. Br4d

There's no way. John Elway wasn't a pocket passer either. Why he would demand that his QB be a pocket passer given that he was not is unclear. Has he said that he wanted a pocket passer instead of a mobile QB?

My answer is that John Elway knew three things about Tim Tebow beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. He doesn't possess the skills to be an NFL QB and had shown no signs of developing them since he was drafted by the Broncos.

2. Good NFL defenses will shut down the kind of player that Tim Tebow is once they get enough film to successfully corral the one-trick pony.

3. Tim Tebow's fans, for whatever reason, can apply a huge amount of pressure to put Tebow on the field and that pressure would be there as long as the Broncos were not in collapse mode with Tebow at QB.

Elway didn't ditch Tebow because he was not a pocket passer he ditched Tebow because he wasn't a passer at all and Elway doubted his ability to control the flow of events and move the Broncos forward as long as Tebow was on the roster.

Peyton Manning is coming off triple neck surgery or something silly like that. You think Elway wouldn't have kept Tebow around if he thought he had the option to do that and still move the Broncos towards their goal of winning a Super Bowl?

14. munegins

munegins Banned

trust me...TEBOW fans didn't want to cheer on the jets

The jets only hope has chosen and been chosen. Here comes the MEAN GREEN TEBOW MACHINE!!! You jet fans thought you were loud and crazy MWAHAHAHA

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Please ban this idiot.

16. NYJMONKEY

NYJMONKEY Member

next year he will make 6million gurenteed. i dont think we can afford both these guys. this was an awful move. im really loosing my intrest in this team. these moves are agravating. i have been a jet fan for the last 20 years. die hard fan. and i just dunno the direction this team is going anymore.

17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This is going to be a long offseason...

[youtube]J6ock1zM7TQ[/youtube]

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Luckily for you - you have no idea what you are talking about as to who willl make what next year etc - its NFL - nobody is guaranteed anything and the deals always get re-worked anyway based on past performance - so the only thing to worry about is this season. This Season is the only thing that matters. Secondly its not your money nor is it your job to pretend to worry about Mr. Johnson decides to spend his money. You are a fan. Buy your ticket, buy your Jersey, watch the game on TV. But stop suffering under the illusion that you have some financial stake in the contractual and financial elements of some player's deal with the Jets. Its not your problem - relax, watch and enjoy the fun. Its entertainment - treat it as such and don't sweat the idiocy of getting overly consumed with pretending you are in charge of the contracts. Cuz you're not.

19. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I second this motion.

Good lord, the message board is being flooded by these idiots...

20. munegins

munegins Banned

Lol...this is gonna be great