Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. reverseapachemaster

Let's bring back Testaverde to coach Tebow.

2. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

idk but I cant wait til next season. Its definitely going to be interesting to watch. Its so far awayyyyy tho.....

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sorry, I almost never do this but I had to correct your post for factual errors.

4. TimeSquareTim

TimeSquareTim Banned

we can put tebow in at 4th qtr if the jets are behind so he can work his magic.

5. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

TimeSquareTim are you a bandwagon Tebow fan? Im not trying to be a dick Im just curious...

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yesterday I read something saying both Sanchez and Tebow knew what their roles would be for 2012 and they were both fine with it.

If they are fine with it, why the hell are we eating each other alive here?

7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sanchez is also a clutch 4th quarter QB.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

8 posts.

What do you think?

And that's the number one reason I don't like Tebow as a Jet.

It's his fans infiltrating this board.

9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Hopefully SOME of them know football and not just where Tim Tebow's balls are in relation to their mouth.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because two guys in their mid 20's can't possibly understand how bad this is going to get if the Jets don't come out of the gate blazing next season?

You have to understand how this is going to work if things get off to a slow start. Let's say the Jets win 2 out of their first 5 games with Sanchez playing 75% of the time and Tebow playing 25%.

The offense isn't working with either of them early on because the WR's can't get separation and the blocking is not all that good and Sparano keeps running the wildcat out there to try to change the pace and it's not doing much, as it wasn't last year in Denver.

The one saving grace is that whoever is in late is performing miracles and the Jets have won 2 games they trailed in the fourth quarter or they'd be 0-5.

The fans are really restless going into game 6 and Sanchez is catching most of that because he's on the field more than Tebow. So early in game 6 Sanchez throws his 4th interception of the year and the fans start chanting for Tebow. Tebow! Tebow! Tebow! The place is really going off because it's now 22 games since the last time the fans felt really good about the Jets.

It doesn't help that one of the NY beat writers has been hammering the Play Tebow angle really hard because it gives him readers and that's all he really cares about, differentiating himself from the other tabloid writers.

So Rex and Sparano send Tebow out for the next series not in full-wildcat mode and that's when the Jets discover the awful truth, which is that there's only one NFL caliber QB on the roster and he's likely toast at this point with the fans. It's Richard Todd vs Matt Robinson all over again except that Matt Robinson was actually a better QB than Tebow is.

The Jets spend the rest of the season in the same mode they've been in since Damien Woody was cut and Braylon Edwards left in free agency. Struggling on offense due to inferior personnel and putting a heavy load on the defense which inevitably breaks down now and then and costs the Jets games.

Going into 2013 there's a full-blown tabloid war going on about why the Jets went 6-10 and who's responsible for that and the two QB's on the roster are both guaranteed their money already for 2013.

#2850 Br4d, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  11. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

i'll give him a chance... i'll judge based on what he does for the Jets. but i wont rule him out, it'll be good competition for Sanchez and keep him awake, and another "running back", hopefully team chemistry will be a lot better

12. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

id rather be shot then watch another season with sanchez......Rex/Mr T feel the same

13. LGENF

LGENF Banned

Those aren't his fans, those are trolls from Broncos land coming over to act like tebois

you will get to know the tebow fans, we stick around, offer up insight that differs from Tebow is a GOD and Sanchez will be lucky to hold a clipboard here next year

most of us are just happy the Jets actually wanted him, after Elway did all he could to kill his career in Denver

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Your post lacks cred. First you complain about the Broncos running game in the first five games, then you seem to blame that all on Orton.

And fail to mention the role of the D.

In the Tenn game, Orton may not have had a great day, but the key play was that the Broncs failed to convert on a fourth and one at the one with McGahee running it. Around here we would not lay the blame for a play like that on the Qb. If they had converted that play, Denver likely would have won that game.

The D also gave up 49 points to Green Bay, and 29 to San Diego. Everyone who knows anything about Denver last year knows their D got much better later in the season. I understand Orton was hurting in the first half of the SD game, and that Tebow scored some points, but San Diego actually could have scored a lot more if Rivers had not thrown an interception and then there was that fourth quarter fumble, too.

In the Oakland game Orton was the leading passer, the D gave up 23 and Denver only lost by 3 points. Yes, there were turnovers, but McFadden gained a buck fifty. Hard to win when your D gives up that kind of rushing yardage.

I'd rather have Orton over Tebow any day of hte week.

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Like one of the guys on ESPN Radio said (the one with Kay today), this isn't just going to start in the first quarter of the regular season, it's going to start in the preseason too when Tebow puts up numbers against second-string defenses.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well thats just nitpicking now, isn't it?

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You aren't a Jets fan. You'll be gone in a year or two.

18. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i would hope someone would post that on TGG

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside New Member

I really can't stand Tim Tebow.

20. LGENF

LGENF Banned

except your theory/short story falls apart IF tebow does what he did in Denver.

You see thats the exact same thing Denver's FO thought would happen, yeah they watched him struggle in practice and drills and then when the fans got so fed up with losing and Orton being the QB1, then they said, ok here we go we will throw him out there and let him fail, only he didn't and that's why his fans believe in him

I hope your story does not come true in any way, I hope the FO and coaching staff find a way to make it work and the JETS win a bunch of games go deep in the playoffs and knock the Broncos out (sweet revenge in my book)