Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I have embraced it...

2. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

the offseason isn't over.

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

pfft...says you...and a calendar...and, you know, thinking...

Edit: Hey that was my 100th post! Exciting!!

4. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

congratulations!

super excited to have been able to be a part of your 100th post. :metal:

5. Tombs

Tombs Banned

The Circus supports Sanchez as the QB. We just want to help the Jets win (and rush for 150+ every time out).

6. jhildebrand

jhildebrand New Member

Denver was ranked at or near the bottom of the league, talking bottom 5, in rushing and rushing D before Tebow was inserted in the lineup. They weren't running the ball well with Orton when he was being Ortonary going 1-4. McGahee had something like 2 YPC. After Tebow it was MUCH MUCH higher.

The Broncos averaged 190 per game! Think about that. It's because the D is forced to have some kind of spy or one player dedicated to Tebow and only Tebow. Also, the D has to be disciplined in the run game and most aren't these days because it is a passing league. The D end can't crash on the zone read/option read play. That is what happened on the run that Tebow scored against the Jets to win.

Your run game will improve guaranteed. The problem you need to be concerned with should Tebow start is your RT. That is what will matter.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Here's to hoping ***** doesn't hurt, doesn't detract from the team, and contributes to wins.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Bush as a 3rd down back then Tebow as a back/up Wildcat QB any day.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I don't agree with the concept that Sanchez needs a fire lit under him. He has been standing on a fire ever since he got here and was handed the keys to this team. He already is the most scrutinized QB in the NFL and gets the blame for everything that goes wrong in a Jets game. But assuming you are right, then spend the $4 million on Orton or Campbell and tell them they have a shot at the job and avoid the circus that Tebow brings.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

But, but, but... all Tebow does is win! And well..uhm... Tebow. :breakdance:

Circus and clown show pretty much sum up this move...

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You know what I just don't get? Tim Tebow is only slightly better than catspit for 55 minutes of the game and then he turns into the indispensable guy in the last 5 minutes of the game if the game is still close enough for that to matter.

Ok, so Mark Sanchez is better than Tebow by quite a bit in the first 55 minutes and pretty damn good if not quite as good in the last 5 minutes.

How the hell does it benefit the Jets to have two QB's who both are below average, Tebow almost historically bad, in the first 55 minutes and then can rally the team for a win late?

How can these two talents possibly be better together than they are individually? They both do the same thing only one of them does it much better early and one of them does it a bit better late.

I'd have understood if the Cowboys went and got Tebow to replace Romo in the 4th quarter of close games. I'd have understood if the Falcons went and got Tebow to put in for Ryan in hopeless causes because maybe he could be the spark that Ryan never is in those situations.

I just don't understand how doubling down on ugly early and great late helps the Jets at all. It's just such an epic clusterfuck on their part.

#2811 Br4d, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

First I don't like this at all, and despite the fact I have lost faith in Sanchez, there is no way on this Earth I will be calling for Tebow to be the starter...But that said a lot of idiots will want him to be the starter...a guy who has never completed 50% of his passes....ugh.

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think you are confusing the way Tebow was used last year by Denver and what the Jets are planning to use him .

Totally different focus.

14. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

We can thank the hiring of Tony Sparano as OC for this unmitigated clusterfuck. He hasn't called a play yet and I hate that motherfucker. The same agent as fleablow, yeah that had nothing to do with it.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't care how the Broncos used him last year. The Broncos scored about 60 points in the first half in his 11 starts last season. The reason the Jets were under so much pressure last year was they couldn't score points in the first half.

How is having two guys who cannot drive for first half points if their lives depended on it but are great at the end of the game going to help the Jets?

You think the Broncos didn't have Tebow wild-catting in the first half last year? They did. They had him wild-catting in every quarter. Until the 4th quarter he wasn't a remotely good QB or drive leader for points.

If Sanchez didn't have the 4th quarter attributes he has I could see Tebow fitting in pretty well. The problem is that Tebow is never going to get late snaps in tight games unless the Jets totally want to undermine Sanchez leadership of the team, in which case nothing Tebow does late is going to matter.

Once Sanchez gets knocked off the stage the Jets are going to be in the same position the Broncos were in: you can't win it all with a lousy QB and despite all of Tim Tebow's other attributes he's a historically bad QB.

16. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

I'm in as long as we don't have to hear him sing.:grin:

Seriously though, I'm sick of hearing about Mark's feelings and his fragile ego. Is that stuff even true or just unsourced rumors?

What are we supposed to fear, that Mark will underperform because of the pressure of competition? .... Wouldn't that just confirm that he's in the wrong profession? Have you ever heard of a franchise QB who wilted in the face of competition? He should welcome the chance to compete!

One thing I'll say about Tebow, you never hear about his fragile self-esteem or hurt feelings, and he's has had stuff said about him that's 10x worse than anything said about Sanchez.

17. reverseapachemaster

It worked for a while in Denver. Looking towards the end of the season that strategy wilted. It was a great one season gimmick.

18. LWC611

LWC611 Member

I am a Jets Fan he is on the Jets now, therefore I hope that he is a contributor and plays well whenever he is given the opportunity. I really hope his QBing skills improve.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

So would I.

Bush and Greene would actually be a very nice backfield.

I was just pointing out Tanny’s need to make trades and moves constantly. Bush would have more of an impact on this team than Tebow and wouldnt cause any media problems or fan outbreaks.

20. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Oh how shit can change in just a couple of days...