Tannenbaum on WFAN B&C after 9:00a.m.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Because you could have filled other needs with those picks. If you wanted to trade them, fine, but fill a NEED. The O line has gone from great to shitty in 2 years. They need a #1 WR, pass rush, too.

Bringing the "tebow circus" to town will be a distraction. You can try to argue that it won't be, but there is absolutely no question that it will be a HUGE distraction.

Tannenbaum and Rex are CLOWNS. I didn't believe it until this move was made...Absolute fucking clowns.

2. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Did he really say we are done in free agency?

3. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

No, he said it's March 22nd and we don't play until...what...Labor Day.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I posted about this yesterday.

No one and I mean no one mentioned in discussing the needs of this team, and there are plenty, and plenty of suggestions, upgrading the wildcat capability.

NO ONE.

Two middle round draft picks have been wasted on this move. Tebow's contract also counts against the cap.

Meanwhile there are still plenty of holes on this team. They have still not been addressed. And now Tanny has less available to address them.

Yes, it is a clown show alright, but not a funny one.

5. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

This is what happens when you have a lawyer/accountant running an NFL franchise. Our owner seems to be lost in space as well. I guess we will save money on playoff tickets. Maybe when Rex gets fired, we can hire Josh Mcdanels. Going to be a huge dry spell coming.

6. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I agree that the negative outcry is a complete overreaction..which i guess is what's to be expected when Tebow's name is mentioned.

By the way, this guy isn't replacing Brad Smith, he's has been gone for a season already.

The only negatives that people have been listing are the fact that it's a pr stunt, and it will hurt Sanchez.........if Sanchez can't take this move, then he's officially not cut out to be a QB in NY anyway. The PR stunt angle I do agree with as it does seem that they're offseason plan is kind of changing on the fly here.

I don't think this move warrants the hysterical reactions that it has caused, I do think that they better have a prety good plan going forward and hopefully not try and sell the fans the line that the team in it's current state is fine.....there are still big holes to fill.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I am really wondering if this could have been a Woody Johnson move. It will make him money, there's no debating that.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Tebow is a better WC QB, I didn't say he was a better STer. obviously he doesn't give us the covergae and return skills of Brad but as a WC QB Tebow is better than Brad Smith w/o question.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Would you rather have Terry Bradway back? If you look at the overall body of work Mike Tannenbaum has done a very good job with the Jets.

The Tebow hate is a MASSIVE overreaction.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You don't get it. We wasted resources in cap space and draft picks that could have been used to fill some of the many holes on this team. Tebow is a luxury that will likely cause major headaches during the season when the Jesus freaks start demanding Tebow.

11. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Evidently he has discovered the fountain of skill, knowledge, strength and health and will have all players drink from it. That way the only player needs we have are for those who went to other teams or retired. The rest can remain status quo.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Who are the Jets no longer able to acquire because of Tebow's cap hit? Who could the Jets have drafted in the 4th round that could have arguably been a greater asset to this team? We gave up an unknown quantity for a known quantity to fill a known role. This is less of a gamble than drafting a player.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yes, he did. He said they are focusing on the draft now and will address FA again after the draft.

14. nyjunc

From Woody's point of view this is a slam dunk. he is a player that can help us win and make him a lot more money.

15. nyjunc

as we know things change quickly and we can't always take him at his public word.

16. Murrell2878

That's what he based his decision on. I don't think Tebow helps us win any more than we would have without him.

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

And maybe this means we don't have to blow a 4th round pick on our 37th running back of the Rex Ryan era.

18. nyjunc

we'll see, I think he has a chance to help us win. Brad Smith helped us win in the WC and he's a better WC QB than Smith

19. Murrell2878

How is he a better WC QB than Brad Smith? Smith threw the ball better than Tebow does. Maybe Tebow is better at deciding which hole to run in but Smith was very successful running too.

20. LGENF

LGENF Banned

the Jets spent a 4th on a player that will have an immediate impact on the offense each and every week in either red zone or short yardage situations

and they traded a 6 for a 7

in your mind that is killing the franchise in this years draft?

and stop saying it's the Jesus freaks that will be demanding Tebow, cause NONE OF THEM LIVE IN NYC!!!!!!!!

Tebow's religious following is no where near the NE quadrant of the US

it's throughout the south and mid-west and I highly doubt they are season tix holders at Metlife stadium for the JETS home games.