Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Murph

Murph New Member

I've liked tebow since college, and I'm not a gator fan. I like the passion and dedication he brings to the table. Backing up sanchez is an incredible opportunity for sporano to get creative. I think we can expect some left field plays to be executed, and I for one am super excited to watch it happen.

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Cut the crap. I took issue with your suggestion we should not care what the players think. I said I care alot more about what they think than what you do.

Am I not entitled to my opinion?

Don't bother answering that. YOu add nothing here.

4. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

I am indeed hurt. But I'll answer it anyway. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But when people disagree with you, curb the hostility. More people will like you.

Its not the whole world's fault that when you were a kid, you were always the last one picked... (and that's a tease, so chill)

And truth be told, I like your fiery attitude. I like a good argument as long as the poster is sensible and fairly courteous.

#2724 Brian McFan, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Anyway - I am still pretty pissed Tim Tebow is on my team, mostly because I hated hearing about everything he did ALL THE FUCKING TIME. ANd that's now my team, so that sucks. But if the case is that Mark is still our starter and Stanton is still the backup and Tebow is part of our dedicated wildcat package along with McKnight and Kerley... well then, different story.

6. LGENF

LGENF Banned

umm I'm guessing that you missed the press call last night

Sanchez in stil QB1

Tebow is now QB2

they don't know what they are going to do with Stanton yet

and Tebow will have a set package for him in addition to being QB2

as for your hatred for having everything being about Tebow, it's kind of fun when its your team

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So the biggest problem with this thing happening now is that their is so much time before the season starts. The Favre acquisition was just as polarizing and half the fan base was just as pissed off but the first pre-season game was only about a week away. Once they started the furor started to die down..with this it has months to fester before and real football begins.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether I wanted to trade for him or not he's a Jet now so I support him. How could I hope for one of my own players to fail?

Basically there are four possible scenarios that could come from this:
    Overly optimistic: Tebow improves his game and turns out better than Sanchez and we have a legit #1 QB
    Somewhat optimistic: Tebow is a good backup QB and helps us in the wildcat (exactly as advertised)
    Somewhat negative: Tebow sucks as a backup QB and in the wildcat but we still have Sanchez as our #1 anyway (so no real harm done)
    Horribly pessimistic: Tebow sucks as a backup and Sanchez gets all mopey about it and either just sucks, asks for a trade or to be released

Personally I think it'll be one of the somewhats. I mean, really, he's a backup QB. Backup. Remember that.

9. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Why is it fun for having everything being about Tebow if he's on your team? If the Jets win because they score 10 offensive points and the defense gives up only 13 and scores a TD (like what happened for the Denver Broncos against the Jets last year) I would want part of the discussion be about the great play of the defense. That's the thing about Tebow that we might not appreciate.

10. Big Blocker

If this thread and its context is that posters here should support Tebow over and above the fact that he is under contract to the Jets as a player, that is disgraceful.

"Join Date: Mar 2012"

Heh. Look out.

11. Gatornate97

Gatornate97 New Member

Don't think you'll have that orob cause he will be only a situational player

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

This was hilarious - "I don't care if Sanchez's tampon gets real wet" - LOL - well done! :up: And I agree with the sentiment too...

#2732 Royce Parker, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  13. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Just ordered my jersey!!

15. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

eh, this whole thread fail. I'm about as good as linking youtube videos as tebow is at throwing passes.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

17. Big Blocker

The Favre deal was nowhere near as polarizing. How Favre LEFT was a problem, and it led to Mangini's firing. But that move was an upgrade. This is not.

This is a publicity stunt pure and simple.

But perhaps you are at least right in the sense that the Jet FO might well see this as equivalent. In which case they learned the wrong lessons from the Favre situation.

18. benhamean

benhamean Member

:lol:

Looks like he pulled off the difficult to achieve 'both'...screwed it up but still made it.

19. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

All the people in here that are hating on this deal are further proof as to why they aren't employed by an NFL team.

This move wasn't so much as to hope Tebow plays QB for us, but to light a fire under Sanchez' ass. You're gonna tell Sanchez he's getting benched for 0-16 Drew Stanton or Mark Brunell? He's gonna look you in the eyes and laugh at you.

You tell him he's about to get benched for Tebow, if that doesn't fire him up he doesn't deserve to be in the league.

20. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I just heard that Tebow is insisting he is a QB and doesnt want to run the wildcat. If that's the case you can trade or cut his ass right now. If he doesnt do what the team wants him to do, he's not a team player, plain and simple...