A Pact

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Mar 21, 2012.

1. DeutschlandFan

DeutschlandFan New Member

Sanchez was the 5th overall draft pick, just signed a contract extension, is earning enough money that his grandkids will never have to work a day in their lives, and is banging Kate Upton - all despite being a sub-mediocre QB. There is no reason for anyone to ever feel bad for him.
    If he can play as well as we hope he can and earn all that stuff I just mentioned, then having a one dimensional gimmick like Tebow on the team shouldn't bother him.
    One of the reasons why I like this move is that it finally means that it's put up or shut up time for Sanchez. Either he plays at the level everyone has been hoping for from a 5th overall pick or he clears out for someone else (just would be nice for that someone else to be someone better than Tebow).

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

As long as we win it won't matter what Sanchez is doing.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's just crazy to think that Tebow would ever replace Sanchez unless it was for part of a game and because of an injury but on a permanent basis? Never happen.

4. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Don,

This kid has heard this his whole life and guess what, EVERYTIME he has proven "NEVER HAPPEN wrong !!!!!!

The pressure the Jets have place upon themsleves by bring in Tebow and the distraction this circus will cause will be huge......

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets could never afford it and that is why it will never happen. In Denver it was easy, it wouldn't be here after that extension. You can't pay two quarterbacks over 10 million a year and they could never trade Sanchez and absorb the cap hit. Sanchez will remain the starter until Tebow is shipped out of town, if he ever is.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I said it in another thread and i'll say it again.

THE FIRST PERSON THAT STARTS A THREAD THAT WE SHOULD START TEBOW AT QB SHOULD BE BEATEN HALF TO DEATH WITH THE HOLY BOOK!

7. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i agree w/ u, OP, but there are more bandwagon jets than die hard jets fans such as us...so unfortunately the idiots will be screaming louder than us...we just have to hope Jets FO isn't hearing them

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Jet FO never hears the fans anyway so you've nothing to fear from that happening..

9. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

fixed it ;)

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Seriously Joe, you know damn well that's gonna happen right after our annual slow start.

11. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

We can sign all we want. The moment Sanchez doesn't look great, ESPN is going to hammer Tebow into our heads. They're already asking who should and will be the starter.

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

IMO this is going to be the biggest influence and factor on how the season goes. I hope the stadium isn't chanting Tebow. Sanchez is the guy and that should not be challenged by Tebow fanatics. I mean, there is no QB in the NFL that could perform well when the entire stadium is calling for the back up QB, that's the reason Elway got rid of him. To make it so Manning is uncontested.

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I don't understand why everyone keeps bringing up Tebow starting over Sanchez as a potential issue . Tebow IS NOT gong to start over Sanchez , even if Sanchez plays bad.

Rex and Tannebaum explained to Tebow exactly what was up.

They want to install a package to screw over other defense during the week, so they have to prepare for him.
    Tebow is probably super excited he still has a job and that people actually want to use him properly on a football team.

Sanchez and Tebow already talked on the phone (that is a great sign). Tebow only plays if Sanchez goes down and I can guarantee you he would be better than Stanton (just compare their stats, please ...even passing Tebow is better...yes passing). He also has ice water in his veins in clutch moments. the Jets could be doing worse than Tebow as a back up ( in fact I would rank Tebow as a top 5 back up if only for the fact that if Sanchez goes down , he would not be rattled taking over and running his package ) and that's all he is besides the special packages. His package is going to be the best things he could do at Denver and nothing more.

I think the media and the fans are trying to blow this up for no reason.

Hopefully 4 weeks into the season no one is going to care, even if Sanchez is playing bad (which he should be striving not to)and all the fans that did not like the deal will be on board when they see what the Jets are planning on unleashing.

I think the jets are taking a big step towards innovation and progressive type offense , its exciting. Rex knows what screws up a defense and this is going to screw up opposing defenses. Rex finally has the guy to do it.

#73 CowboysFan, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  14. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

sign

I'm in for the pact

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I have to LMAO at Sanchez Fans. Sure I am very much opposed to bringing Tebow to the team, but that's not because I am a Sanchez Fan.

Sanchez Fans do not bring much good will to the table, after all. They blamed Schotty for all the team's problems, and then proceeded to throw the whole rest of the team under the bus. They got what they wanted with Schotty leaving, and now it is too funny how Schotty's replacement wants to incorporate the whole wildcat gimmick offense, and bring in Tebow to run it and, as if that is not crazy enough, will definitely challenge Sanchez for the starting job.

Well, you got what you wanted. Schotty is gone. Schotty would never have voted to bring Tebow here. Woody might have overruled him, and yes, I don't know what role Sparano had in this decision.

But it fits with Sparano's past, and that is beyond question.

On top of everything else, as a football fan I hate the wildcat.

But... Tanny and Woody must feel they are more knowledgeable about football than John Elway.

I dont think they are.

16. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

With this fan base? I give it one interception that blatantly hits Holmes dead to rights and he tips it to a defender.

17. jaybny

jaybny Banned

will be chanting Stantons name

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Its probably not the wildcat that they will be running, its probably going to be the read option . Its been around for 70 years and the only reason its not run in the NFL is because its dangerous (very) to QBs not because its not effective in certain spots.

Just the threat of it opens up running lanes, that's why Denver led the league in rushing (they were 25th in rushing in the league before they installed that offense with Tebow).

the problem is you cant run it all freaking game like they did game after game after game, and even doing that they went 8-5 after a 7-24 run.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The best chance this Jets team has at winning a Super Bowl is for Mark Sanchez to improve. If he doesn't then nobody on this roster can save this team.

20. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Can one of you please explain to me the difference between "We Want Tebow" chants and "Die You Worthless Shit" chants if Sanchez is playing like crap?