Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

the overly naive tebow has no idea what kind of shitstorm of cynicism hes about to encounter

2. RMorin

RMorin Member

GOD that is a terrible attitude. If Sanchez is that much of a wimp that pressure from a #2 who completed 46% of passes last season makes him perform worse then we don't want or need Sanchez.

I'm as big of a Sanchez backer as any informed Jet fan, but we should all desperately want Sanchez to feel like he has to prove something.

3. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Screw bandwagon fans.

4. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

karma! Afc Championship and Tebow leads the jets down field on a 28 play drive culminating in a Td Ran in By Timmy T-bone and the Jets final hit pay dirt~:metal:

5. Montana

Montana Member

Haven't read through the whole thread, so not sure if this had been mentioned, but one great bonus to this Tebow acquisition is that it ostencibly gives Rex an added roster spot on game days that most teams aren't afforded.

We get someone who can run the Wildcat, fill the role of a short yardage/goal line back, all while filling the role of backup QB.....a role that for the vast majority of teams is simply a dead roster spot every Sunday.

Might not seem like a big deal to the average fan, but that free'd up roster spot that would generally go to a power back, or a slash WR like Brad Smith, that runs the Wildcat.....This gives Rex added roster flexibility every Sunday to utilize against different opponents depending on the matchup. (whether it's an extra TE or OL you're able to get in the lineup against a team you want to run on all day, or an extra DB against a pass heavy team like NE)

Just a small bonus that could pay some hidden dividends over the course of a season....

#2645 Montana, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  6. Click

Click Banned

Tebow will eventually lead this leader-less, dysfunctional, underachieving, joke of a "team" to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years.

Unlike so many Jets players, he won't be a cancer on the team. Quite the opposite. After he displaces Sanchez and becomes the starting QB, he will pull this circus of a "team" together and prove to all his haters once again, that he is a natural-born winner and leader.

Jets just got the bargain of the decade: a true franchise QB with a 4th round pick, lol!

#2646 Click, Mar 22, 2012
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Montana, that is a good point. Strategically I completely understand this move, and most should.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

No offense (and I really not trying to be confrontational), but the original post sounded a little creepy to me. Taking a "wonderful journey together" almost sounds like something from the Hale-Bopp / Heaven's Gate followers.

As for "embracing" Tebow fans, if new fans bring up good points in threads then they will generally receive valid responses. However, if more and more posts start to tout what's best for Tebow rather than what's best for the Jets (and they aren't necessarily the same) then be prepared for backlash.

In reality, that's what I think bothers a lot of Jet fans that are against the trade. I personally find it a little difficult for me to believe that a majority of people who will come here simply because they are Tebow fans will be satisfied with success of the Jets if Tebow isn't a huge (ie. starting) role in the team. We've already had numerous posts from new people about how Tebow will do this and that (including taking over for Sanchez).

Believe me there are a lot of Anti-Sanchez people here. However, at least we know that for the most part they come with the perspective that the Jets are their first priority - not a particular player. I could be wrong, but that's a big part of the thought process with those Jet fans *myself included) that aren't that thrilled.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^That's 100% spot on johnny. You described my stance exactly. I know Tebow will help this team, he'll be solid in Wildcat and Option packages, it's just the bullshit that comes with it that I and many others hate.

10. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Well you are really going to hate me because I'm not sure I can even be a Jet bandwagon fan.

I'm a Patriots fan. And a Tebow fan. And I hate this move as much as some Jets. I can't think of a worst thing that could happen to me as a fan than this move.

And I can't think of a worse move that could have happened for Tim than being sent here, if he had a legitimate starting shot in Jacksonville, which it sounds like it did, and this dilemma would never exist.

I wish Tim the best, and maybe, some of us fans could use one more miracle and have him sent home where he really belongs. This just goes to show you, that there are some serious flaws in the way the NFL does business, and a player with this much pull and this big a following mainly based on his personality, beliefs and accomplishments should never be used in the manner in which he is being used by these franchises.

I have a hard time believing this move was made in Tim's best interest but rather in Elway's best interest, but so be it. So the one thing I can at least agree one, is that hopefully some Jets fans will feel the need to hate the horse faced prick as much as I do and I hope he chokes and sinks with Peyton Manning as much as Manning has choked with the Colts before. I hope the selfish prick pays for it, and so does Manning, because no QB's that turn their teams around and takes them deep into the playoffs, like Tebow, like Alex Smith, should ever have to make way for one of the most overrated underachievers in the sport, Peyton Manning.

Not everybody's happy with this, including some Tebow fans. He deserves to be treated with more respect than this by the NFL. He's done nothing but great things for the sport at his own personal expense in the name of actually doing something positive for society.

Definitely awkward. Definitely drama. As far as Jets fans go? They should consider themselves lucky. Tim's 10x the football player, man and leader Sanchez will ever be. He's also already passed the ball better in numerous games and put up more impressive numbers as a first year starter, despite his flaws, even as a traditional pocket passer than Sanchez put up in 3. And he can rush to boot.

As a Patriot fan, home of Tebow's biggest supporter in McDaniels, as a Tebow fan, with Brady on the Pats and with Tebow on the Jets, if there's one thing we should agree on as enemies is that Peyton Manning better NEVER reach another Super Bowl through the AFC. I consider this a mission now. His little brother Eli, will forever be the Manning that counts beginning today when it's all said and done.

#2650 whichfan, Mar 22, 2012
  11. CarlDouglas

CarlDouglas Member

I think we have given up a lot to get a guy who is going to take a knee at the end of games that Sanchez has won. That said, has anyone in the history of football been so impressive at taking a knee as Tebow?

All joking aside, the kid has got something about him. I don't know how he is going to be used but we know he has got plenty of ability and there are no question marks about his temperament. I think the roster is stronger with Tebow on it.

Can he return punts?

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Sanchez to prove you and the rest of his idiot cult-following wrong.

That's my prediction, if Tebow leads the Jets to success I will be happy, but he won't be starting QB. He's a gadget player.

#2652 Jake, Mar 22, 2012
  13. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

He beat the steelers in the play offs...kids a winner ..we didn't give up much ...just believe

14. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Anybody with any sense of objectivity can tell Sanchez lost this team and locker room a long time ago. And the one thing even Jets fans should realize is that no team ever wins Super Bowls when everyone is not 100% behind their leader and QB.

It just doesn't work. Unless maybe your name is Tim Tebow, in which case, that's another thing Tebow will have over Sanchez.

Sanchez is a BAD traditional pocket passer. Tebow isn't a traditional passer. He's a unconventional quarterback with football IQ, heart and leadership that goes above and beyond anything I've seen out of Sanchez.

Shanchez's time to prove people wrong is running out. Tim's just finished doing it once and got screwed over for it. I'm sure whatever he's going to do here, he will indeed put in 100% effort to make it work.

The debate for who the better passer is can go on and on for the time being. But there's no question to me as far as who is a better quarterback, and ALL the things that go into making up the qualities of a great quarterback. Passing is only about 50% of it. Just to start off it gives this team personality and a face, something it never had outside of Rex. Certainly not from Sanchez.

#2654 whichfan, Mar 22, 2012
  15. Click

Click Banned

Appreciate the non-trolling response from you.

Sarcasm and jokes are difficult to be picked up on forums. Guess you missed the "LOL" at the end of that post from me.

Tebow fans make many grandiose claims due to 1 simple fact: Tebow has proven us right throughout his entire career. We're not egotistical, nor delusional when making these claims. We're just supremely confident Tebow will be successful because he has done it over and over in high school, in college, and yes in the NFL (when finally given a chance)... on a bad, irrelevant team with a horrible record.

If the Jets give him the opportunity to prove himself yet again, I guarantee he will lead the Jets to the playoffs and eventually, the Super Bowl. The Jets have a far more talented team compared to the Broncos. The only problem I see with the Jets is the fact that they have too many selfish players and no leadership at all. Once Tebow becomes the starting QB, he will lead the Jets like he's led every football team he's ever played on. It may take half a season, a year, maybe even 2 years before he gets that opportunity.

16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

OMG I think I'm going to kill myself already.

17. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

This is a Jets forum. Not a Tebow forum. Seriously? This is what you come in espousing. And you expect a positive reaction? This reeks of troll. Anyone who actually follows the Jets knows that Mark Sanchez is a winner. So is Tebow. The difference is Sanchez is a QB. You Tebowers need to accept that Tebow can be a really phenomenal player. He doesn't have to be a phenomenal QB, because he isn't.

18. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Homo says what?

[​IMG]

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

One thing you NEW Jets fans should realize is Cromartie, Mangold, Slauson, Brick, HOLMES, Wilkerson, Pouha, and Dixon have all publicly, name attached, supported MS at QB. The locker room rift was blown way the fuck out of proportion by the NY media, this is something you'll have to get used to while you're here, for next season anyways.

There were two critiques of Sanchez from annonymous sources: He's lazy, and coddled. I guess this move makes him no longer coddled since Teblow is such a threat to take over.

Can't wait for the season to start. Looking forward to seeing Tebow running the Wildcat.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

There are some serious flaws in any organization who have players like Cromartie tweeting like he did about Tebow while the FO and management is trying to make a deal.

Having followed 3 other respectable franchises, I can assure you none of them operate in such a disrespectful manner. Some players here think they are above the team, and above the rules, and beyond the way most organizations work. On most franchises, that player would have been cut regardless of who he was.

He should have just kept his mouth shut because it's none of his business and should know better that some players have no say in such manners. It didn't do anybody any favors. He has no business spouting his personal opinion about active or potential player trades on ESPN while the GM's, coaches and owners are trying to make it happen.

Total disarray. A lack of leadership and structure is clearly evident.

#2660 whichfan, Mar 22, 2012