Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Would you give him a 2nd chance when you have Peyton Manning?

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Love this for you guys, will be rooting for you guys to pull it off and run over some teams.

I really think Sanchez and Tebow can be on the field at the same time and it will be deadly to defenses.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So why doesn't the same standard apply to the QB that has been on the roster and has won more playoff games than any other Jets QB? Why is it completely acceptable and common place for people to blame everything except global warming on Sanchez, but we can't criticize a trade and a player that hasn't worn the uniform yet and who many of us think will bring down this franchise this year?

Sanchez has been one of ours now for three years and Pennington was one of ours for years before that, but it was always ok to endlessly criticize both over and over.

I don't need to get over anything and I can say I hate this trade and still be a fan of the team. I hope he fails miserably in preseason and is cut. I hope Sanchez lights it up and Stanton and McElroy have great preseasons and Tebow ends up not dressing. I hope something happens for the NFL to void this trade. The odds of this working out are slim and none.

There is a reason Elway grabbed Manning and traded Tebow less than 24 hours later. He wanted a pro QB in Denver, not a college QB who only succeeds in a gimmick offense. Gimmick offenses have a short shelf life in the NFL. Tebow will not make the offense better because the wildcat is a thing of the past. Our FO is just too stupid to figure all of this out. By the time they do, Sanchez will be ruined and we will be back to square one, looking for a QB in the draft by 2014.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

No reason for bashing, I respect your opinion. I completely agree that as a wildcat QB, he can be very effective. Im just not sure if thats worth the frenzy that will surround this team.

I honestly thought this organization was taking a step in the right direction and playing the offseason like all successful franchise- low key, not flashy, but extremely effective. I really liked the step they were moving in and how they didnt pursue the biggest fish in FA or make blockbuster typical Jet moves...

This just went against all of that.

5. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Listen, the guy is now wearing the green and white. Go help Sanchez and co. bring it home.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Don't forget WR. We have 4 big needs.

7. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

OK, entertain me. In the event that Sanchez started to play awful for some length of time, how would the prospect of Tebow as a starter be "idiotic"? He won a playoff game and lost to the eventual AFC champion with an awful defense and little-to-no offensive weapons around him.

I agree with you in that Tebow is an invaluable asset out of the Wildcat, but to suggest that he couldn't command Sanchez's role to at least an even level of play is pretty asinine.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Of course, he's a Jet now. Although I think this will eventually spell the end of Tanny & Rex...

9. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Since the one team that whipped his ass twice last season was the Patsies, a lot of extra motivation for him to get some revenge is a nice thing too. Welcome to the Jets, and I'll go on record right now and say he's worth at leasst 10 TDs to us this season, and the difference in at least 3 games that would have been losses without him. That's all I care about.

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'll support Vlad Ducasse before I support Tebow

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

JetBlue Approves::

[​IMG]

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

There is a possibility that this could work out nice. However, Tebow might bring more trouble than he is worth. That is where the issue lies.

13. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I like Elway, but being a HoF QB doesn't somehow turn you into a QB scout.

14. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

I support him. Say what you want about the kid, but he wins games and I'll take winning games any day.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He was let go because they got manning. Not because they wouldnt give him a 2nd chance. If not for manning tebow would be qb in denver next year

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Played for Miami for all of the 80's. Played QB in college, but when Marino was drafted he had to find a new position. He was a very good special teams player and he also played WR, RBI, and threw some passes. Guy was money on 3rd down and was a major pain in the ass.

-Ed-

17. Pineapple

Pineapple New Member

Tebow chose the Jets because the Jets want him. Although the Jags owner wanted him, the Jags FO were not fully on board with his decision.

18. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

OK, now you've gone too far... Tebow might be a better Tackle than Haitian Dracula.

19. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

RT isn't a big need. Any halfway decent QB wouldn't have made Hunter look nearly as bad as he did. keep in mind, too, he had barely any offseason to prepare for 2011.

I boldly predict a HUGE comeback campaign for Hunter.

20. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

Too much short term thinking not enough long term thinking.