Vent/Whine/Complain about Tim Tebow here.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mantana Soss, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Nobody bitched when we had Brad Smith running the 'cat, and Tebow has shown that he can run it more effectively. His salary for this year is 1 mil. less than we actually paid Stanton, and Tebow will probably see 90-120 snaps...

And as I keep pointing out, teams had a hard time preparing for him when the only thing he was running was Denvers offense. Now they have a real offense, and Tebow to prep for....good luck.

2. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Its actually not worth bitching about Tebow since he is now one of our players and we might as well just accept it and figure out how he can best help us win.

3. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Ground and pound or not, this move is about PR. It's Woody's way of saying, "Can't stay relevant on the field? No problem, we'll stay in conversation off the field."

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

If he's cut\traded next year it's no dead money. I checked NYJcap and the cap hit this season is 1.1m and next year is about 6 and then 7 the following.

I believe he tweeted something along the lines of "The jets have 19m committed to qb's next year"

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This might be the beginning of the end for me. I just can't agree anymore with the direction this team is headed. Its gone from sucking for decades, to a decent run under Parcells, to sucking, to a two year stint at being respectable under LoudMouth Rex, to becoming a carnival style sideshow.

What was the point of all of this? To get the team back in the news again? Is there any new low this team won't stoop to just to stay relevant? Wasn't it enough to be the laughing stock of the league or did we have to go one step further?

Woody Johnson should be fckn shot in times square for this. Is he on the hook like Wilpon for a lot of cash? Perhaps the bills are coming due on the big grey box and he's a little bit short.

This is a fucking disgrace! A slap in the face to all loyal Jet fans everywhere. The man only cares about the bottom line. Fuck winning. Fuck building credibility. Just sell those PSL's no matter what.

Fuck this.. I've got other things to do than waste time waiting on the Jets to get their heads out of their asses. I'll leave that to the homers and the suckers, aka: "true fans".

6. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

It depends if Sparano lets him throw. If everyone knows he's gonna run, like our wildcat/Seminole last year, it won't be very effective. Lining Sanchez out at Wr is a joke too. If The Jets can get someone to help him become a passing threat, it could work. With a Tebow/RB ala LT last year combination, that is if he has a viable passing option for a screen play, not just a standard sweep/QB option, he could be successful.

Those are a lot of if's. But I guess we're gonna find out.

7. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Scuplted Athlete? And? So is LeBron James. I think getting LeBron as a TE is a smarted idea than Tim Tebow. Not only is he going to cost you money, he's a distraction to our developing QB. Furthermore, we complain about our QB's accuracy so we go out and get someone who's worse?

We didn't repeat because we didn't get better last offseason when other teams did. We lost guys and never replaced them. We continued to cling on to an absent minded offensive coordinator. We replaced Braylon with Plaxico and Jerricho with Mason. We seemed to think it was ok to start Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard with NO pass rush. We didn't address our main problems last offseason. THAT is why we didn't get back to the playoffs.

Our RT, OLB, FS, 2nd WR positions are vacancies and remain question marks. Furthermore, the positions we did address (backup QB, Safety, WR depth) still leave many in doubt.

For every ounce of leadership Tebow will bring to this team, it will be matched with equal parts distractive discouragement for our starting QB. This move proves nothing more than a committment to marketing supercedes a committment to winning withing the Jets organization.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

If Sanchez plays great then there is no need to spend more than a fourth rounder for a niche player (assuming the wildcat is his forte) considering we still have Kerley. If Sanchez is the player that the Jets had hoped for then the fourth rounder is almost wasted.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dude you sound like me with the Mets.... I am 99% done with that disgrace. Nearly 30 years down the drain with those fuckers. I'm not quite there with the Jets but this move reaks of A) the Pats might be interested so we bettrer act or B) PSL, Woody doesn't care about the common fan and Tebow doesn't bring the common fan to the league, he brings the fringe fan.

10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You're throwing out too many facts and not venting/complaining enough

11. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I can see it now......The minute the Sancheznut throws an int, fans & the press will be clamboring for Tim Nobow; which will cause friction in the locker room....those behind Hanchez and those behind Hobow!

Mannnn, Rex & Soprano better figure this one out but good!

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This is absolutely ridiculous... I saw the ridiculous sign Tebow threads this morning and figured I would just avoid the nonsense. Now we went and signed this kid. WTF are we doing? Tebow is awful. And we already have a QB. Ridiculous.

I now feel like this team has no idea what the *uck it is doing.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Tebow is NOT awful. He's awful at playing traditional QB.
    That's not what he's here for.
    He's great at what he does well, and that's how we'll use him.
    I don't see the problem.

14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

The way I look at it is, Brad Smith was a 4th rounder and he'd be used in the same exact role.

We ran significantly less wildcat formations last year, it impacted our team.

If Sanchez does well and this Tebow Wildcat shit works out, IMO, their is really no stopping this offense.

15. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Tebow has been brought in to fight for the back-up job. IMO he is not going to take over for Sanchez, unless Mark really shits the bed. This move would have made more sense if we hadn't already signed a "new" backup for 1 million plus. I don't expect tebow to throw many passes in 2012, so let's just move on, and get the players that will really upgrade this team (pass rusher, RT?, WR?, another safety).

16. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I never bought into the PSL Theory of making moves BUT, damn this one is a doozy...

We are now the Miami Dolphins... A gimmick Offense and a maybe above average defense.

Sanchez is officially done - a QB does not improve and learn when he the hook is right there for him.. Eli Manning threw like 7 INTS Vs the Vikes on his way to the 1st Super Bowl - it was part of his development..... Sanchez will never be able to survive a bad game at all without the whole place blowing up......

I bet you one day Sanchez becomes a decent QB though - ON HIS NEXT TEAM!!!!! Because he works his ass off and eventually will improve with CONSISTENT WEAPONS and protection in the right system.

1 Good thing - I NEVER RENEWED FOR SEASON TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent the money on redoing my basement with a 100'' TV....

I WIN WOODY #### FACE......

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Oh no Jetzz, this team knows EXACTLY what its doing. Its generating "buzz". Its generating "news". It's trying to tap into Tebowmania as it seen what Linsanity did for the knicks' bottom line.

Leave it to the homers to think this was a purely football move.

18. Ted

Ted Member

On the field Tebow causes me concern where Sanchez doesnt. As for the rest, thank god Ross didn't bring the circus to Miami.

19. Reece

Reece Banned

lol...that is all

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

We don't need a sideline gimmick... and by awful I mean by playing QB, which he is as you admit - AWFUL.

I don't have much of an issue of running the occasional gimmick play, but planning on making it a corner-stone of your offense?? It is just sad and pathetic. Trading what we traded for a guy to play the gimmick offense - even sadder and more pathetic. It's one thing to have a Brad Smith already on the roster... another thing to go out and deal for one.