Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

You can't possibly compare NY killing Sanchez and wanting Stanton to come in vs. NY killing Sanchez and wanting Tebow to come in.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You know what, I changed my mind.Why not bring Tebow to the Jets?

1-The guy's a great role model and as a season ticket holder with a young son I would'nt mind my son idolizing someone like him

2-The kid's a winner.
    Everywhere he's been he's been successful

3-His image and locker room presence would be invaluable this team,especially the way we're looked at in the media

4-He's a good athlete and AS LONG AS HE's NOT OUR QB WHO GIVES A RATS ASS?

5- And this should have been #1-WOODY WANTS TO SELL PSL'S!!!!
    How many more season tickets could Tebow sell?

FLAME ON !

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

of course, but that is completely separate from the fans getting what they deserve.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

You honestly must have something against Sanchez, who is this teams QB. He may not be your ideal QB, but he’s the starting QB for the NY Jets. I think its time you’ve gotten over this.

And the fact that you would buy season tickets just to see another QB play other than Sanchez is just sad. Did he do something to you in the past thats left u so bitter? That you take it so personally?

Also, you sit there and defend every other QB besides who is actually on the team. You say Tebow can be an NFL QB, while you wish Sanchez was making tacos. Its sad that you have more confidence in Tebow becoming a “legit NFL QB" than Sanchez...

5. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Because having a MLB is important too, and theirs is suspended for roids. Plus they decided they have to get rid of Tebow asap, and might not be a ton of suiters. So dunno what other options theyll get

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Just because the Dolphins might want him is enough reason to trade for him.

Add in the fact if we could add Scott in the deal we would end up gaining cap room.

Denver has the space to take the the cap hit, they need a MLB and Devner's FO does not care for how Miami was last your in the attempt to trade Orton who they ended up just cutting.

Make the trade, sell the Jerseys, sell the PSLs and get the New York media in a whirlwind.

7. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

For who we already have on the roster, yes, we should use them in the wildcat if it works. But for who we may trade for I don't consider those players "why not use if available?"

8. VanderbiltJets

I meant moreso why would they give up McClain. They have no incentive to do so

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Tebow in a Jets uniform would make me ill.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

edit********

#370 CowboysFan, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Ok, stop repeatedly posting duplicate posts or it will result in a ban for spamming the board.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ok but the fan base [most of it] doesn't want the media headache it will create. Sure he could be a productive player in the Wildcat, sure he's a good guy, but why is he going to all of a sudden make our locker room closer? I think if anything the media backlash of last year has already made the team closer. Cromartie is already tweeting against this move. PASS.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The whole point of acquiring players is to upgrade the weapons you already have. Tebow would perform the Wildcat role better than anyone currently on the roster and *gasp* provide a passing threat out of that formation as well.

It may not be popular but its something the Jets do. No point in holding back on running it to the best of our ability.

If Tannenbaum felt that Tebow's cap hit would prohibit the Jets from filling more pressing needs he wouldn't pursue this angle. Clearly the Jets feel he can be asset.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You know what I have a guarantee why the Cowboys , Jets and Miami WOULD NOT pick up Tebow...you know why?

Losers lose.

Losers like my Boys, Jets and Miami Lose (or they have gotten use to it year after year after year) so they probably would not do it.

I bet the Patriots end up with him. I cant wait to see the league against Brady, Gronk, Hernandez , Welker , Lloyd and Tebow at H-back all on the field at the same time.

Fight the staus quo guys while you still have a chance , I wish Jerry would not be a drunk and pick up Tebow. Cowboys have no chance, you guys still do.

15. VanderbiltJets

Sure, but that still doesn't justify you saying "Tebow was a first round pick, thereby he is talented and should be pursued via trade."

It's less about what happens to Sanchez and more about how the acquisition affects the organization's success.

I agree but this statement is predicated on many assumptions that I believe to be false.

Difference between competition and Tebowmania. It's one thing if Tebow is a prototypical QB but it's very difficult to measure who would put the Jets in a better position to win. If you play Tebow over Sanchez the offensive playcalling will have to change (less pass more run), for example.

Fixed it for you.

I think Sanchez can be a legit NFL QB. Agree to disagree.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

? Hes a free agent... From the Ravens

Who wed have cap space to sign if we traded them Scott.

They wouldnt be giving us him, theyd be giving usthe cap space we need to get him

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Please buddy. You're talking about Tim Tebow like he's the guy who just replaced him. He had some magical moments last year, la dee da. His Bible-Thumping schtick isn't needed at Florham Park, we're supposed to be the "bad guys" anyway.

18. VanderbiltJets

You need to frame this in cost-benefit analysis as opposed to taking both options from the original position.

Expressing interest IMO is the same as due diligence. The same due diligence the Jets gave to Manning by expressing interest.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the Jets should trade for Tebow to play NT. He'd be much quicker than the guys opposite him and he'd run through them just like he runs through opposing defenses now.

And the god bubble would protect him at crunch time.

20. VanderbiltJets

I assumed the reference was to Rolando given the context. Mea culpa.