Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Scott and a 6th out, Tebow and McClain (fa) in. Sounds like we easily win out on that trade

And both teams benefit pretty clearly

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Logical fallacy.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

No i just fat fingered the enter key on my phone twice so i rolled with it. Figured it must have been Tebow's will

4. VanderbiltJets

Why would Denver do that, and why wouldn't Denver benefit more from having a backup QB ready to play in case their 4+ neck surgeries newcomer isn't healthy?

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

of course he would, but that really isn't relevant to the discussion. he'd probably also prefer to trade for Adrian Peterson, but are you going to get either one for as cheap as Tebow, nevertheless with the possibility of having them take on Scott's contract for the year?

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Despite what the Sunshiners think, the locker room has enough problems. We don't need a bad 2 game streak from Sanchez where the fans and locker room start to clamor for Tebow.

The pressure would be massive on the coach and front office to get him in games. Why else would Elway be so desperate to trade a QB that won the division (despite 8-8) and a playoff game?

7. VanderbiltJets

lol. When it's really easy I can't resist. (twss?)

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Tebow had a great college career. He would have been an early 2nd round pick if not a late 1st rounder.

And Tebow has shown he can play and be productive in the NFL. Ghost just sucked.

If Tebow can beat him out, I couldn't care less what happens to Sanchez. In fact, if he beats him out, I will go out and buy season tickets within the hour.

Again, you play the best guy you have. If it's Tebow, Sanchez needs to collect splinters.

If Sanchez cant handle competition, I have no sympathy for him. And, I think the chances of what you are saying are greater if Sanchez is not pushed than if he is.

Also, I dont get why people assume Tebow wont get better. I saw him make some nice throws last year. He is also decent at reading defenses. Not sure why people think he wont get it and become a good NFL qb. He has a high football iq, decent arm, makes good decisions, and is a winner. I agree with McDaniels - I think he can be a legit NFL qb.

9. VanderbiltJets

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If they can dump Scott's salary it makes a whole bunch of sense.

11. VanderbiltJets

When it comes to Tebow, nothing is impossible (both on and off the field)... Except non-Christian activities I guess.

12. reverseapachemaster

That's my point.

13. VanderbiltJets

I'd argue that it is the responsibility of the FO to know the pulse of their fans and to know when such a shitstorm is possible months in advance.

14. VanderbiltJets

To me that statement assumes we need wildcat plays.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well Im pretty sure theres a lot of speculation around Stewart being on the trading block, so comparing that to AP is just wrong.

And the whole idea of the Broncos wanting Scott and his contract is something a sports writer brought up and said “thinking out loud”

Also, it would take a 5th or 4th for Tebow, most likely a 5th, and probably a 3rd for Stewart... and his cap hit is as low, or lower than Tebow’s this year (1.5 mil)

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Why not use it if available? It's something Sparano coaches well - more weapons is only a good thing.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Probably best to stay away from Tebow because he would surely beat out Sanchez for the starting QB job.

19. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

OK, so we're banning people for bad ideas? Then ban this whole board for rooting for the Jets...that's been a pretty stupid idea for 40 or so years too.

This is a forum when we discuss opinions, hypotheticals, potential moves, how much Sanchez blows, and about cheerleader's titties. If you're not into that, go play bingo or something.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Because it gives Elway an out, he hates having Tebow as his QB, by trading him away and leaving Quinn or another real QB as his backup he can eliminate the issue of having to draft a real QB to replace Tebow without having to bench him. Now he can draft a a guy he wants to be QB when Manning is no longer the guy and because Tebow will be gone he won't have to answer to anybody regarding benching Tebow in favor of his guy when that day comes.