Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Can someone explain why this is so potentially horrible?

He would come here as a role player. He shouldn't sniff the field as a QB and if he did that says a LOT about McElroy and Stanton (namely that they suck and we need to find new backup QBs).

I see so many people saying how awful this is however I see little in the way of reason (asides from pigeon holed thinking about Tebow being a standard QB).

Personally, I think the hate derives from his celebrity status.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

haha man...I'd rather the Jets invest their time and effort elsewhere

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If that's what you meant by pressure then I misunderstood you. Easily done when that term can be used in two ways.

I remember him handling pressure a lot better prior to losing his all-pro center and having him replaced with an UDFA rookie. I think that breakdown in the line really messed with his head this year and yes, he did poorly under pressure.

I would like to see these stats you're referring to. Where did you get them?

4. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Is there any chance the Jets are thinking in addition to running the Wildcat he could be a 2nd tightend?

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nothing wrong with spending a little time to make your divisional competition spend resources. I'd bet that's what the Pats did with Landry.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He can come in and be an emergency QB / Wildcat QB right away, and he would be a positive influence on the locker-room and eventually a negative influence on the city and it's fans

were interested in every player in the NFL so I take it with a grain of salt

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Our failed head coach wants Tebow to run the wildcat...

Which was completely useless after everyone figured out how to defend it...

This is getting good...

My team is complete shit. I hope Tebow joins the Jets! :lol:

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if the fans are so stupid to call for Tebow if Sanchez has a bad game then we as fans deserve the repercussions of that if it creates strife.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

or that when Wayne Hunter got beat, he barely touched the guy, and Sanchez got drilled.... quickly. I'm not into stats, and I also think Sanchez needs alot of improvement (regressed this year, bigtime, despite all the #s) but I know what I see.

The 2nd part I agree with. Tebow coming to this team is a disaster waiting to happen. Backing up Mike Vick makes much more sense to me (unless Sahid Khan cares more about a sold out stadium, than developing his 1st rd QB draft pick..... which I would understand)

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Can't believe I'm reading this jibberish. If you actually WATCH the games, Sanchez takes a beating every time. The guy is a warrior and a winner, regardless of his struggles late last season. Sanchez was like a 1/4 inch short of the goal line in the Raiders game, that would have changed everything. The guy puts it all on the line, he's not a softie. Nobody's open, he'll run the thing into the endzone himself. He's got heart. He did screw up a bunch of times, I won't deny it, but he did escape a good amount of sacks as well, but he is never given credit for it. The whole offense was a mess this year, not just him. How many players on offense in 2011 improved their stats in most categories over 2010? I can name 2. Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene. But so many people think these are the areas we need to address.

#270 Barcs, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Tebow is the perfect check down player...For Mark to pass to

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Look at what you are talking about. 5th, 6th, 7th...that is nothing..it is less than nothing..it's almost comical to talk about a 5th round pick for somebody who would sell seats even here..if Sanchez is so fragile that it would make him cryu then he really shouldn't be playing in the NFL to begin with.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Tebow is worth a 3rd round pick, just for the fans, character and physical ability.

How many players in the 3rd round even start, yet he is a proven winner. Whether you like him or not, he could do a lot for us at a cheap price.

Best of all you could always trade him later and get your pick back, waybe even more. Any owner who does see the upside for his team and the money he brings at the super low contract of only a $1M per year is plain stupid.

We don't need him, but at the right price you can't not want him.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jake Steinberg ‏ @Steiny31
    Breaking: Fasten your seat belts folk. Per ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Tebow is expected to be traded within 24 to 48 hours. #Jets

37m Jake Steinberg ‏ @Steiny31
    Source told me Sparano is "in love" with the idea of having Tebow run the wildcat.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Or the Pats just let the Jets have him.

I haven't seen anything today that suggests the Pats are involved in any of these trade talks anyway.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So what you're saying is that something is really less than nothing. :sad:

17. reverseapachemaster

By that logic we might as well pay to get him to plug RT.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There's been speculation. McDaniels being the guy that drafted him helps burn the fire.

19. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Please tell me those arent real! Kill me now!

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You can bet you ass if Tebow becomes a Jet and they start slow, there will be folks screaming for him to replace Sanchez. Remember the folks who cheered Pennington getting injured?

It's not just NY or Jets fans, that's just the way it is.