Jets Sign Laron Landry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JerzeJets, Mar 19, 2012.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I like this signing. Hopefully we sign Bell from Miami and draft 2 more safetys.

2. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see him cripple some receiver coming across the middle.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Yeah I cant wait to play the Pats and Welker either

4. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

love this signing

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I have to say that after watching Tebow and Cruz run away from Smith made me sick to my stomach. If healthy Landry is going to be that in the box safety that we have needed badly. Now if we can get a FS that can cover a TE watch out, and draft OLB like Ingram in the first. Man I will be so freakin happy.....

6. DepressedJet

DepressedJet Banned

We keep investing on the defense.... What about the offense? Right now we still have Wayne Hunter starting on the right side, and our #2 WR is Chaz Schillens

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if kyle wilson can play opposite revis, then make cromartie the free safety/cover safety and let smith/landry be the box saftey/blitzer guys.:metal:

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be a horrible off season. Still think we need a better #2 WR but maybe in the draft we can pick someone up. There are some okay WRs left in free agency too, though. Not sure if we can get a FS, WR and sign all of our rookies, though.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

did this steroid freak actually tear his achilles or just hurt it the past 2 years?

i dont care how great he was playing in 2010, to have 2 straight seasons end due to achilles injuries is scary.

10. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

he doesnt have a torn achilles

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He may add some value to the passrush. Some is better than none. RR will send him from the 46 spot frequently I bet.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Hmm ive been trying to do any kinda research I could on Landrys injury, and some were saying that the lockout was a huge issue for Landrys rehab last offseason.

He couldnt rehab under/with the team, couldnt use team doctors, their resources, etc. So a lot of what he did was kinda on his own/private

It also sounds like his groin injury was as much, if not more of an issue last season than the Achilles. Sounds promising enough to me

13. Phear

Phear New Member

Wilson can tackle.

14. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

As I said 2 months ago, JETS should and will make a move on this guy. He's a solid run stuffer and good tackler. He is a beast of an athlete and definitely scary. Am glad we got this done for 1 year. The draft isn't exactly stacked with safety's. Offensive woes can be addressed in the draft. I don't see a single player in the draft that is a step up from Landry.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont know man i found this on the second link on google...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaRon_Landry

2010 Season

After spending the previous two seasons at free safety, Landry was moved back to his natural position of strong safety and started off the season playing at a "Pro Bowl level" according to The Free-Lance Star.[5] In Week 5, he was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Green Bay Packers, in which he collected 13 solo tackles, defended a pass, forced a fumble, and intercepted Packers' quarterback Aaron Rodgers in overtime.[5] His interception would lead to the Redskins' game-winning field goal. Landry injured his Achilles tendon playing the Eagles in Week 10, and eventually landed on injured reserve December 13, ending his season having only played in 9 games. Landry avoided surgery on his left Achilles tendon and instead received platelet-rich plasma treatments. On December 15, 2011, Coach Mike Shanahan stated that he believed Landry "would’ve been defensive player of the year" for the 2010 season had he not been injured.[6]
    [edit] 2011 Season

Landry was placed on the PUP list during all of preseason. He was taken off the list and placed on the active 53-man roster, but, due to a strained hamstring, missed the first two games of the season. He made his 2011 debut in Week 3 against the Dallas Cowboys, where he made a big hit on Laurent Robinson and later forced a fumble.[7] In Week 12 against the Seattle Seahawks, after receiving a cut block, Landry was forced to leave in the first quarter. Despite coming back for the second half of the game, Landry suffered a groin injury that caused him to miss the next two games. On December 15, he was officially placed on injured reserve after being advised to get surgery on his left Achilles tendon, ending the last season of his rookie contract having played a total of eight games.[8] On January 23, 2012, it was announced that Landry has decided to go with alternative medicine, receiving the stem cell treatment known as, Biological Matrix, on his left Achilles tendon in hopes to avoid surgery, but will finally decide on whether or not to get surgery in six to eight weeks.[9] [10] [11] The Redskins chose not to re-sign Landry, according to reports his departure from the team was mutual.[12]

16. Gotta give the Jets medical staff the benefit of the doubt on this one. Since the mid 2000's with D rob's degenerative knee, Penny's shoulder issues & Coles bad toe, there haven't been alot of setbacks w/ injury plagued players.

No doubt Landry was given a very thorough medical examination & if the jets staff gives the green light..then they're shouldnt be any further concerns.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kris Jenkins.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

why should the Jet medical staff get the benefit of the doubt again?

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

[YOUTUBE]kFBDn5PiL00[/YOUTUBE]

20. Mr. Green Pants

It was the team psychics who dropped the ball on that one.