Jets Sign Laron Landry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JerzeJets, Mar 19, 2012.

1. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Pats fan is right. He's a better signing for the Jets thanhe would have been for the Pats. Stopping the run is on of the keys to the Jets being able to create more long yardage situations and effectively confuse a lot of offenses with their blitz schemes. He will also help with blitzing himself and improve that area of the Jets game.

But last season in the 8 games that he was healthy, he had ZERO passes defensed. That is NOT good.,,,,if pass coverage is a factor. He is what he is. Be happy with what you got, its better than what you had....IF he stays healthy

2. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

His arm is the same size as my waist......

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So your Saying Gronk and Sanchez could be BFF's? Becasue lets face it, Upton is not far out of her teens and there was that story about the 17 YO.

I hate that Gronk is a pat as much as the next Jet fan, but there is taht whole saying about the glass house and the stone.....

#103 Harpua, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Thats about it. This move Helps fill what was a crater of a hole in our Defense. He's not the ideal guy by any means, but a big up grade over what we had.

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not that much of a Landry fan but its a one year deal. No way to complain at all, that's a steal. Low Risk/High Reward.

Great job Mr. T. Resign Leonhard now please.

6. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

At least he creates that Fear Factor. No one idc how big is going to just prance to the middle of the field without looking for Landry first.

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ok we have a headhunting mascot

now get someone who can cover back there. and sorry guys Leonhard is literally on his last leg.

for Leonhards coverage skills hes literally thrown over constantly. but its looking like our only option unless they lock up Atogwe

Landry/Atogwe would be a dream scenario and draft a safety in the first two rounds.

We have so many damn holes Id hate to see it be a 1st rd pick. maybe Harrison Smith in the 2nd?

if Dre Kirkpatrick werent so damn skinny hed be a good candidate to switch from CB to S.

9. duncc5

duncc5 Member

PRAISE REVIS... now smith can go back to the 3rd safety where he belongs. The question now becomes: do we resign leonard? if not, who is our FS? OJ? Cro? Wilson? a rookie?

10. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Love Harrison's game but he's not athletic enough to play FS IMO. And I'm a Notre Dame fan, so you know I'm being honest here if I'm saying he can't do it.

Also, if we sign Atogwe there is no chance we draft a safety in the first two rounds unless Barron falls to us in round 2. There's probably no chance to begin with... given our needs at OLB and WR, and the quality depth at those positions in the first two rounds.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well simply having stopgaps at S and not drafting anyone is exactly how we got in this position in the first place is what im alluding to.

and thats why I said so many holes id hate to HAVE to do that.

im hoping for OLB/WR/OL those should be our first three picks barring a BPA situation.

my ultimate draft scenario would be for Richardson to fall to 16. (NOT going to happen)

12. DepressedJet

DepressedJet Banned

Pointless signing, and a waste of cap space.

Landry was a very good player when healthy, but he will never be the same coming off a torn achillies--That is the worst injury a football player can sustain.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Will E.Smith still get a starting nod?

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Right now he's starting, but he's a little redundant with Eric Smith. Hopefully, he can be productive for the time on the field he's healthy, he and Smith can rotate at safety to keep Landry healthy.

Still need the rangy S, but Landry in a Rex Ryan defense is very interesting. The question is how long he'll stay healthy.

15. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

One word,... Photoshopped!!! :smile:

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

His only health issue has been his heel. He is convinced it is fixed, hopefully he is right. Other than that he is as healthy as anybody.

17. Don

Is that a bottle of HGH he is holding? j/k

18. Don

We just re-signed Thomas who is only 5 months removed from the same injury only worse.

19. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

No question there.. Sanchez looked far from focused this year. And Gronk had a better season.

20. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I find it funny how ppl are against signing Landry becuz of his health and coverage skills but are clamoring for us to resign Leonhard. Jim isnt exactly the pillar of excellence in either category.