Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Martin&theJETS, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

First off, I didn't love the demo. My biggest peeve probably was how close the camera was to Shepard. However it took me no time at all to get used to it.

I've yet to beat the game or play multiplayer but let me just say this game is PHENOMENAL. There are several times that the cutscenes in the game don't run as smoothly as they should but the atmosphere and story is so immersing its easy to get past. This is one epic conclusion to the series and is probably the most in-depth trilogy ever made when it comes to gaming.

This game has easily cracked the top 5 of my all time favorite games. It is the best game to come out since Mass Effect 2. It's better than Skyrim and better than KOA: Reckoning. It is the game to beat in 2012.

The single player alone is easily worth $60.

For you fellow gamers that haven't experienced the Mass Effect Trilogy its not to late to start.

What are your guys thoughts on the game so far?

2. Christian

Christian Active Member

The only thing decent about this game is the combat. This is easily the worst overall game of the Mass Effect series unfortunatly. They actually give you a fembot as a squadmate. What the fuck? And the only mass effect game I consider phenomenal is the second one. Bioware ruined this game trying to appeal to a wider audience.

What a joke. Like seriously multiplayer in Mass Effect. It's ridiculous. The Freddie prince junior character is such a shitty character. Oh and I'm about 10 hours in and the story is god awful so far. I give it a 5 out of 10. Bravo for selling out and ruining an amazing series bioware.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The game was awesome. You're the first person I've read that has hated the game. The only part that sucked was the ending, otherwise everything in between was fantastic and I agree with the OP that ME3 was the best.

4. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

The game was awesome until the ending, which was so awful I'm still in denial about it.

5. JetsYankeesThrylos

Wait? ME 2 was the best of the three? ME 2 was considered the sellout of the series as it completely went away from the RPG element that made the first one a classic. ME 3 went back to it a little which I applaud them for, but the auto dialog was depressing, and the ending of course, which killed the series for me.

6. Christian

Christian Active Member

Yes, Mass Effect 2 was easily the best of the series. The gameplay was miles and miles ahead of the first one. You werent forced to drive that crappy vehicle on side missions either. Some of the squadmates you got didnt actually suck completly also.

Lets be real here for second, the combat for the first one was god awful. Really the only thing it had going was a decent story and the RPG elements. Not once was I bored while playing Mass Effect 2, there were quite a few times in the first one when I was and anytime you arent in combat during the third one its incredibly dull.

7. JetsYankeesThrylos

The mako was bullshit, everyone hates that part of the first game, but the game play is essentially the same thing just minor tweaks from game to game to make it more fluid. So calling game play for one shitty and the other great is ridiculous. The game was way shorter than the first and was more of an action game than RPG. The entire story is recruiting squad and their loyalty missions, with what like 4 actual real missions having to do with the central antagonist? People hated the ME 2's story calling it point less and what not, I personally liked 2 alot, I loved the trilogy up until the end pretty much, but don't dis the original man, as it stands story wise its king of the series.

#7 JetsYankeesThrylos, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  8. Christian

Christian Active Member

I never dissed the original. The original was great but not nearly as good as the second. And I got way more hours played in the second then the first and yes I did do every side quest for both games.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I havent finished Mass Effect 3 yet, but I'm loving it. Only thing that bothers me is how Im running around the galaxy while Earth is still being destroyed, what the hell is taking the Reapers so damn long? You're telling me 40 Capital Ships couldn't incinerate Earth in like 3 days? Hmm....

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Well they did say that it took a century for the Reapers to destroy the Protheans. Maybe the Reapers don't work as fast as we think :wink:.

11. joolander

joolander New Member

The first mass effect was a great prototype for the next 2. Unfortunately the mass effect series was never as good or fun as star wars knights of the old republic on the original Xbox.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk