Robert Gallery vs. DBrick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanGreen80, Aug 15, 2006.

1. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

who was a better prospect coming out of college?

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

uhhh...id say Dbrick ...its hard to take Dbrick higher then 4 when you have Young, Bush, and Mario in the same draft class..not to mention leinart who slipped to 10

3. baamf

baamf Active Member

Not sure your point here, but Gallery was probably the better prospect coming out, most scouts didn't see many flaws in his game. He actually graded out better than Boselli in many scounts eyes. Is your next post going to be about Mike Williams???

4. Gallery was the more well-rounded prospect as he was considered a very good pass blocker and very good run blocker.

However, D' Brick was most likely alil more elite b/c he had rare pass blocking ability, which in todays NFL is a huge asset. His run blocking wasnt as highly regarded, but the athleticism and upside as a blind side neutralizer, made him alil more attractive.

5. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Gallery. He was named on CBSportsline's all college team for this decade.

http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9543150

D'Brickashaw didn't make first or second team.

Mangold didn't make first or second team either.

#5 rajensen088, Aug 15, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Pete Carol was the coach named to that team. That's why it's the college team not the pro team. A lot of early bloomers on that team who are not great pro's and never will be.

7. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Gallery ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....................................

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Gallery. But the Raiders have a knack for ruining talent.

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Brick and Mangold didn't make the all college team, completely arbitrary article, for an internet sports webpage. A site who considers Pete Prisco a knowledgeable sports expert/writer.

That's it, they suck, what a crappy draft. Why didn't the Jets use this story to determine their draft board.

#9 dabrowsk1, Aug 15, 2006
  10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Well, I believe Gallery had better draft grades. But I give as much value to these draft grades of Kiper and the like, as I do the toilet paper I used this morning.

As stated by someone else, Gallery was a good pass and run blocker. But Brick's pass blocking is just amazing, the best prospect coming out of college in years. So, IMO, I was never really sold on Gallery. Brick impressed me everytime I saw him play, he always stood out to me.

#10 dabrowsk1, Aug 15, 2006
  11. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

I hope D'Brick doesn't turn out like Gallery. He's looked horrible the last 2 years and in the pre-season this year. True they played him at RT the last couple of years which wasn't his natural position and now he has to make the transition back to LT but he hasn't lived up to his potential being the #2 pick in the 2004 draft.

12. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

lmao, very true

13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Gallery had the Tyrannosaurus Rex arms problem coming out, that many scouts vastly underrated. That has hurt his game tremendously as a pro...

14. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

Derrick Strait is also on that list...

15. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I like them both...I just hate Gallery's hair...It's a God damn Mullet

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Well, this thread is closer to being answered as far as their NFL careers are concerned: D'Brick is a promising tackle, who if he adds some weight (20-30 pounds) and strengthens himself, might be close to a Johnathan Ogden or just below it.

Gallery? He's closer to Tony Mandarich right now. I wonder if he can even get proper teaching in that nuthouse by the Bay.

17. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

That list also has Jake Grove in the all-decade team, the very same Jake Grove that has been bounced around the Raiders offensive line for 3 years running and has struggled mightily at every position. So I just have this to say to you, even though you most likely hear it a half dozen times a day through-out your dull and uninteresting life, what's your point?

18. sufibb

sufibb New Member

although debrick gave up that sack by taylor

the fact that he has started left tackle from day 1 is a testament to his already greater promise than gallery

19. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

You gotta love a player with long hair, its awesome, he looks like a thrash metal dude, thats why I love Mangold, its awesome.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Taylor had 1 sack tonite and 3 tackles -- he did NOT dominate the game. D'Brick came out on top, IMO (and Chad was NOT hammered or running for his life -- he scrambled on a few when there was no receiver open after 6 seconds or so).

Anybody here NOT consider Gallery a bust ???? If he played on the East Coast or for a decent team, he'd be getting more (negative) publicity. Playing for Oakland, it literally is a black hole out there and helps cover up his failures.