AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

This looks illegal!

We are Law-abiding, well powdered citizens at TGG!

/Real Talk

2. GATA

GATA Member

With all the Pirating and the live streaming that goes on in the Internet ...
    One is bound to stumble on ways to catch a show without having to pay bundles of money or wait till next week.

3. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

this show doesn't even have half the quality of lost. If you want to say there's holes in the lost plot, then walking dead has holes you could fly a plane through.

4. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I don't think Shane ever really wanted to kill Rick. To be honest I think that bitch, Laura is the reason why that showdown happened. She messed with Shane's head by telling him she was thankful for what he had done, foreshadowing that she knew that Shane would meet his demise soon. If Shane wanted to kill Rick he would have just done it.

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I have started recording the show so I can just fast forward through all the interminable talking (and adverts) - the average show takes me about 20 minutes to watch now and is much better for it.

I have read the comics for quite a while now and they keep things moving at a decent pace - some things in the show I think are improvements to the comics but sure as hell not all the chat.

6. 1028

1028 Active Member

I was having a discussion with a friend from the gym today about this... did you guys interpret Lori's speech to Shane as malevolent? (like, with the intent of messing with his head) Or did you interpret it as honest and genuine?

Curious to hear the opinions on this.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I found it to be honest and genuine, but what the heck do I know. Hell, I thought Shane was already becoming a zombie. Earlier in the season he had a big scratch on his back. Maybe it slowly fucked him up. Shane was acting a little zombified when he took Randall out of the shed.

8. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

I would guess the former.
    She did talk to Rick in the tent about Shane being a problem.

9. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I think is is less malevolent and more that she is just a chick who wants to constantly express her feelings (I'm sure others can relate). I don't think she realizes what she is doing. People are giving her too much credit. Let's just hope a walker takes her down next week.

10. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Well considering there are about a couple hundred zombies about to storm that farm, I would hope one of the main characters bites the dust in the finale.

11. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

She basically told Rick that Shane was a problem that needed to be dealt with... then goes and sends mixed signals to Shane. If anyone was the issue it was her stirring up the pot to the ultimate conclusion. I hope shes next... the bony bitch.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it is just one death it is probably Herschel. Though losing his wife and having Rick have to take care of his son would make the show more interesting and harkens back to what Shane told him -- that he was a better father to Carl. you would think that is also what they were setting up with that bit.

13. DeathByJets

I am expecting that no one in Herschel's clan makes it out alive except maybe Maggie. I also think that at least one of Rick's group has to be walker kibble. T-Dog is the obvious choice. But....I think Lori would be a better choice.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Herschel's group has at least a couple that can be thrown away. Maybe even Herschel himself. In fact, I would think he would be the only main character. And maybe T-Dog. He has gotten almost no screen time in recent weeks.

15. 1028

1028 Active Member

I wanna see Merle make a return already.

I kind of suspect him to be part of that renegade group that's somewhere on the outskirts of town (the one that got into a scuffle with Rick and co. at the bar).

16. DeathByJets

That would be a pretty cool development.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

DVR is always the way to go. I can't deal with commercials. I definitely see where you're coming from. Lately the shows have been half fluff and half gold. I loved the ending of the last two episodes. Next episode's gonna be a doozy!

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My lady calls him Token Dog.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Good job, IATA, cough, I mean GATA, you have done well to establish yourself within 22 posts. And guys dig your fake picture. Good show all around.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

good call.