17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

You're right, back in the day when the seats were $19.50 a piece parking was $5 and you could opt out of the pre-season games we were big shots with NYJETS season tickets. I miss those days.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think we're being set up but it doesn't change anything. You made the right choice CBG.

3. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I have no reason to lie. Thanks

4. Section 227. Row 5

[​IMG]

I always thought those spirals were a good idea. That and the way the escalators started out at ground level and slightly to the outside. Those two design concepts really conserved on the interior space when you think about it.

So you moved people VERY efficiently from ground level all the way up to where they wanted to go in less than 30 seconds. Now if they wanted to visit someone on another level, the spirals handled that very well (to include handicapped). Then, that left the INTERIOR of the stadium at full-bore football-watching. Close up and really good views.

Designed the way you'd want a football arena to be designed, with the views taking center stage and everything else designed behind (or around) that.

What a brilliant idea! Design a football stadium around good views of the field! Holy cow! The guy must have been a fucking genius.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Heres what I left.

Dan
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

March 8th, 2012 at 6:08 pm
    The new stadium is garbage. God forbid theres a need to get out of there quickly people will die. The upper deck seating view is terrible and parking lot is a maze

I dont see any other comments?

7. 17a_tailgater

im sorry this stadium is terrible.who is this stadium good for??? the 217 luxury suites??? the upper deck is a mile away and what an inconvience to get in and out of the stadium.poorly designed but hey,did the people who gave this award out go higher than the suite level anyway????

8. 17a_tailgater

9. Section 227. Row 5

State of the art, baby.

10. 17a_tailgater

no xandu no parking garage that is unused no huge stadium on top of a racetrack. perfectly placed in the middle surrounded by mass amounts of parking spaces

11. Section 227. Row 5

I think you've presented a design for the next state-of-the-art stadium. When they tear this one down 20 years from now, they can use your picture as a blueprint for the new one in 2032.

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

This new stadium is an NFL blunder. Think about it 2 teams 16 home games more than any stadium in the league. Most revenue in the league. It shouldnt be this way.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for that!

I had to leave a comment. I'd be an ass if I didn't with all I've written here. I'm regretting signing with my real name, but I stand by everything I said, so what the heck. I think many of you will like what had to be said.

I don't know if they'll post it, but I took a screen capture of my "awaiting moderation" view of it, and will post it here at least.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

15. Section 227. Row 5

I especially like the part where you said you thought you were more likely to read about an investigation of the design or a lawsuit rather than an award.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

Thanks 227. I honestly believe that too.

You didn't like "Continue patting yourselves on the back?" LOL

17. Section 227. Row 5

"The design-build contract of Metlife Stadium involved the construction of a technologically advanced open-air stadium with seats for 82,500 spectators... "

Okay, so now we know they allowed Skanska to design AND build. But who in their right mind approved this shit? And "technologocally advanced" open-air stadium? What's so technologically advanced? Nonsensical louvers? Rain that is technologically directed onto vendors carts? Are you fucking kidding me?

"Skanska delivered a well-thought-out plan, backed up by top-notch leadership and management."

No they didn't. The well-thought-out-plan is a nightmare. And the different levels had to have added huge cost increases. And no thought was given to escalator placement or efficient flows of escalator traffic. And absolutely no thought was given to the fact tht there is no parking to the north, but many more people will enter on the other side, creating huge jams to and from. No thought about that whatsoever. Men's rooms and traffic to and from? They can't be serious with "top-notch" leadership on that.

Who TF writes this stuff up and expects people to actually believe it?

18. LogeSection2RowJ

Unfortunately my friend, that's the world we live in. Hype and bullshit rule. Fake smiles everywhere. if you can convince 51% of people of it based on your own evaluation based solely on self-interest - you're not only a winner, you're a STAR and a ROLE MODEL. You're in the club.

Ask Donald Trump. Or the majority of politicians.

19. Section 227. Row 5

You weren't around for the early discussions 3-4 years ago, but way back when the "joint stadium" was being tossed around, proponents touted "huge cost savings" and "shared revenue and expenses" and that it would be a "win-win" for both teams and their fans because it would keep the costs down. There was even inferences that perhaps PSLs would not have to be charged, because by sharing the stadium, the whole thing would be very cost-efficient.

And this is how it was packaged and sold to the public and Port Authority. That it would be very cost prohibitive for the Jets to build their stadium on the WS and the Giants a separate stadium in the Meadowlands, and look how beneficial this will be to both sets of fans if we share costs and go halfsies on the cost of a new stadium!

Then Cody, the then acting governor of NJ after Jim McGreevey left in total disgrace and embarrassment steps in and is selling this to the public as the next best thing to an ice cream cone. And then we might as well build Xanadu too and Corzine gets in there and pushes it all the way, all in the name of saving the fans money and keeping costs down and maybe no PSLs. And worst of all they sell it to the taxpayors, who said "Hell yes" build the stadium there and we don't mind footing our fucking tax dollars to pay for all the infrastructure (roads, curbing, new sewers, railheads, etc.).

So then Skanska runs the fucking bill up through the roof and the Jets and Giants change their tune now and yeah, we have to charge PSLs now. "Well-thought-out plan, backed up by top-notch leadership and management" my ass.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Well, of course that and no accountability later on... "Did I say that? Did I actually say there would be a cost savings with a shared stadium and that Xanadu would be a huge success and bring in even more revenue to the complex and state of NJ?"

"I don't remember saying that, but get off it. You're nit-picking now. The stadium is a wonderful "well-thought-out-plan" and we need to give these people a fucking award."