17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Im packing it in after 20+ years. I can no longer see myself wasting money on seats that I cant see the field properly or enjoy the game. My wife and kids fully support my decision. I will pick and choose what games I want to attend and buy off StubHub or from other season ticket holders. HDTV and better beer prices at home and alot less traffic.

2. swomiak

swomiak Banned

I wish I could just pack up and say thats it. I bought a PSL and now im stuck in a stadium that is the same as the old. They wont even allow me to forfeit the money I have already paid towards to PSL and just let me out of the contract.

3. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Its not the same as the old stadium, the old stadium was better. What do you mean they wont let you walk away. You dont renew and thats it. They cannot hold you accountable for something you can no longer afford.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

They don't have your social security number, so your credit is safe. And chances are they're not going to sue. I haven't heard of anyone being served

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have to wonder how much of this post is complete bullshit... the guy got banned for posting useless posts like pats suck in 15 different threads and then he says this and goes back to pats suck again until he got banned.

this was literally the ONLY post he made that was more than 3 or 4 useless words.

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm staying strong. The Jets won't upgrade me into a lower row on the aisle near where I currently sit so I won't come back otherwise. I sit corner end zone which I don't mind but I'm in row 15 which is a bunch of crap.

As far as 17A goes he's got kids it's a lot tougher to stop going then. My dad brought me as a kid and the memories we had are great. If he would have stopped going in my childhood I probably would have been devastated.

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I was actually bumped a few rows back when the PSL thing started as those with seniority in the lower level moved up. At first it was ok then I realized these seats suck and arent worth the money. I inquired numerous times for upgrades and was always told there arent any available to accomodate 4.

A friend of mine then was able to buy 4 in the 3rd row through a ticket agency. I called the agency and was told they had recently acquired them through the NYJETS. So the NYJETS didnt want to improve my seats and wanted to keep me in the sky figuring I would get over it. Guess what they lost. I quit after 20+ years its over.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I see what you mean. It kind of makes no sense.

But it's still upsetting to see this kind of post. Who knows if he is legit, but the point is, there are probably other guys in that exact scenario.

It's interesting that we haven't heard from many PSL guys about this subject... breaking away. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that it's easy to do. Okay, so they don't have SS numbers and we haven't heard about the Jets suing for breach of contract, but nor have we heard of anyone "walking away" either.

There has to be some middle ground of truth with these PSLs. This guy is claiming that the Jets won't let him walk away from the PSL obligation by just leaving behind the payments he's already sent in. He's basically saying the Jets are sticking to the fact that he's obligated to make ALL the PSL payments. Of course, this is something we knew about at the time, so this is no new news and doesn't surprise me.

Now, we also know that there WAS a contract. The thing that always got me (especially with ROJF) is the almount of people who always protheletized that the contract "didn't matter" and that you could walk away easily.

Okay, so they don't have a SS number so they theoretically can't "ruin" your credit. But they sure as hell can try to enforce the contract as much as possible without incurring legal fees. They can, at the very least, hold all the money you sent them and threaten to turn you over to collection based on your name and address.

We'll probably know more as time goes on, especially if the Jets go in the tank and disillusioned PSL guys who were dead sure we were actually going to the SB now want out. Only there's more at stake now. One more year of PSL payments they'll offer to forfeit. The stakes will get higher. Eventually you are in it for half of the PSL and you still want out, so the very least that will happen to you is you lose the money you sent in. The Jets have always maintained yuo have the right to sell the PSLs and get your money back that way, but if more come on the market as seat prices dwindle on ST, you're going to see more and more guys chomping at the bit and looking for ways to exit withour losing their shirts.

And the Jets don't even have the decency to help these poor bastards find a new home for the fucking things. God Forbid they should set up a place on their website - a forum even, for Christ's Sake, where guys who are interested in buying and guys who are selling can get together and exchange phone numbers. They won't even do that. It's a really ugly mess. And it stinks to high heaven. Totally unprofessional.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I would LOVE to get my hands on one of those original contracts and read the fine print. It's all right there, whatever that states. If it says that you are agreeing to make all complete payments in full, there are avenues for them. The Jets can say that you do not own the PSLs until you pay in full, so you cannot (and the Jets WILL NOT) honor the transfer, that only PSLs that are paid for can be transferred, for example.

They can also send threatening letters to the last known address or place of record, and sometimes a collection agency can track and obtain your SS number by your name and address, and then threaten to ruin your credit. Whether they can be successful or not becomes immaterial if you're the one receiving the letter, getting aggrevated over it and cultivating a stomach ulcer.

I can only imagine the Giants fan I know with 4 PSLs in the last row of the UD. At least he's got a SB team to show for it though. We've got a team with a coach who talks about it a lot and that's about it.

10. Section 227. Row 5

For now I'm playing the waiting game. I got an email yesterday that said I'm running out of time and I thought, "Oh no, I'm going to have to decide." Then I realized they were talking about I'm running out of time if I want their cockamamie signup bonus.

Another one of their gimmicks to get guys to pay so they can see where the hell they are with the UD this year. What will they do after this now? Offer something else I suppose. Eventually it will come to, "Give me an upgrade again or I walk." Just the principle of the thing.

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Good luck I hope you do better than I did. Just for the hell of it I called as a new prospect and was offered better seats than the ones I have. I wasnt gonna say this here but I dont care im done. They are making longtime season ticket holders sit in the boondocks while offering better seats to newbies, go figure. Thanks Woody

12. Section 227. Row 5

Are you serious? Are they really still doing that?

I can't believe they're still up to their old tricks. This is un-fucking-forgivable if this is still going on.

This kind of thing makes it easier for me to stick to my guns.

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Yes indeed. Lieing to us and keeping the good seats for new suckers. Im done.

14. Section 227. Row 5

So much for seniority. A guy with 2 minutes seniority calls up and gets the upgrade a guy with 20 years seniority is begging for.

I knew something was up when the Jets didn't have a viewable seating chart set up like the airlines do. You know the technology is there for it, they just didn't want to do it because they knew they would be holding back.

The biggest tip was when I went to "Meet and Greet" and the rep takes me into the closing booth and starts telling me what's available. Then when I ask for somthing else, he jumps up and goes down the hall to his office to look on his computer, then comes back to the closing booth.

So after a couple of trips like this, I saind to him, "Hey, I've got a good idea. Why don't you just take me in your office and let me see the computer screen to see what's available and then maybe I can do this. "Oh no," he says, "We're not allowed to do that." And I knew right there what was going on. One big freaking scam. So told him, "Well, if I can't see the selection then I guess I'll just stick with what I have then." So he cops an attitude with me and walks me to the hallway exit. Then he makes sure I exit through security because he doesn't want me wandering around talking to other guys about the seats they got. The whole experience was like walking onto a sleazy used car lot on Rte.1 in Elizabeth. Except maybe I have more respect for the used car salesman.

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

16. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

NYJETS season tickets used to be a fun luxury I could afford knowing I would thoroughly enjoy myself tailgating and at the game win or lose. The new stadium sucks and many of the longtime die-hard fans have opted to stay home and watch. I will be joining them.

17. Section 227. Row 5

My seats were in the upper RH corner of this picture, in the shade at the 5 YL and under cover. I used to park right by that RH gate, probably no more than 150' from the entrance. Look at all the space around that thing. Not a bad parking lot anywhere and nobody ever used that tunnel except if they were late and had to park over there in no man's land.

[​IMG]

After the game, you took the one-shot escalator straight down and ran for the car 150' away. Exit to the right and jump on the TNPK... home in 20 minutes. Look how nice and steep the bowl is. Even the UD had good views... nice and close.

Okay, so it's red inside. I still say the Jets should have called teh Giants bluff and told Prot Authoprity they would buy the fucking thing and renovate it green. Call it Jets Stadium and be done. Let the fucking Giants build their mausoleum.

18. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

When I went on the tour during construction I immediately new the new stadium was higher and the viewing angle changed. I figured I would wait until all was said and done. I barely went last season my son and his buddies took advantage of the free tickets. Id rather sit at home enjoy a better view amongst other amneties.

Anyone who tells you the upper deck seats are good is a liar they all suck.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, being a STHer doesn't carry the same stigma it once held. In fact, there have been some who, when I told them I still have Season Tickets, have looked at me like I'm a jackass or something. "Kind of expensive now, no?" my cousin said. "I heard the prices have really gone up and the views are kinay shitty now. And don't they even make you guys pay for those ridiculous Preseason Games too? WOW. Is it really worth it? Screw that. I wouldn't pay these sports owners a dime... they're way over the top with this shit now. I'll stay home with my 60" HDTV."

So you're looked upon as either a mark or a stupid, emotional jackass who is so in love with the Jets that he has to have the seats at any cost. Crappier seats to boot. Who the hell do we think we're impressing? Nobody.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is the same old stuff. This happened to me an I do not know you GMC but I truly believe this also happened to you I will say it again it is amazing that the Jets. Never learn from their mistakes. Enjoy cherry picking the games you want and NO preseason,,,you won,t look back with any regrets