17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry U R not correct on the seniority part of your post since I am a STHer since 65 but was lumped in with the 77s because the NYJs claim all the records from the 60s were lost when they moved. Also I always had UD season tix but Woody decided to impose a caste system 1st LL then Mezz then finally UD so besides losing 12 years in seniority thanks to Woody I was also discriminated against for being a UD STH from way back at Shea :jets:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You've nailed what I think was, for me, the turning point in my attitude about the way we were handled.

I still vividly remember the day I had my appointment to go "Meet and Greet" my seats in Section 342, Row 16. I was there on time and the rep promptly told me the escalators were not working. None of them! "Curious," I told myself, "What a coincidence that today, of all days, all of the escalators in the entire building were all malfunctioning at the same time....Hmmm...." Maybe I should have told him that when he gets his elevators working, he should give me a call and then I'll come back.

So the 23-year old briskly climbed the stairs with me in tow and by the time I got to Row 16, I looked out onto the field and said, "Whoa! Pretty high up!"

He said, "You don't sound like you like your seats. Want to go downstairs and let me see what I can do for you?" I though he was going to offer closer UD seats. Maybe I had a chance.

But no, once downstairs, he went directly into the PSL sales pitch. For me that was the turning point. I'd seen this kind of bait and switch many times before, and his "salesmanship" changed my attitude about the FO right then and there. I told myself I was not going to buy anything from this guy. "Where's my original rep, Manny?" I asked. "Oh he's been promoted and he's now a manager." "Well great! Can I talk to him now?" I asked. "No, he's really busy."

And I thought, "Okay, FU buddy." I didn't know at the time that they were holding back better seats than Row 16. Had I known that I would have blown up in this kid's face.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Because I enjoy it.

I'm doing a jig constantly.

4. Section 227. Row 5

If UR so upset with your seniority and Woody's caste system and being "discriminated against," why do you continue to bitch and moan about it here in every post? Why not just give up your seats?

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'll assume I'm a moan and groaner so I'll answer.

It's been in my blood to go to Jets games, so it's not going to be an easy departure. I've missed 5 in 33 seasons so it's a habit. That said, my account is slowly slipping away from them- down from six seats to three since the new stadium.

Once my ass is seated, I don't hate it. It bothers me how much they, and by they I include the Giants too, did such a poor job with this place and my anger comes out of the hype, and the increased costs we're paying. Also, I "moan and groan" because I think it matters - it's the only way improvements can be made. I believe these complaints are read.

If I do leave, I won't harbor any ill-will or blame on Woody Johnson. It'd be the same with another owner. Even the almighty, hallowed, saintly Marra family. I agree with 227 about a high school field, and have in fact seen a HS school game at Rahway. From what I recall, I got in and out of there in a reasonable amount of time, minimal inconvenience. They didn't have a roof either, and it did rain.

Champ - I can't wait for the day you travel "home" and come to game with one of the renters. Leave the lot with a half hour to spare and see if you miss kick-off.

6. Section 227. Row 5

I was, of course, being facetious with Champ before, but this is what I should have said also. It's just that simple. And it explains why we all are reluctant to give up our seats easily, Champ included.

You don't just do this for 3-4 decades and throw in the towel. That being said, there are many who are. So this thread has been invaluable to people "on the fence." Giving it up is a tough decision ane we've all enjoyed many an hour sitting and watching those Jets games. Maybe this thread has made it easier to make a choice, I don't know. I now that for me, verbalizing the experience somehow helps.

I never thought I'd be considering dropping my seats, but here I am. And I'm still looking for that little something from the Jets to make me feel better about what has happened. Free parking, drop the Preseasons, lower the ticket price, SOMETHING. Like you, I think this thread gets read by someone... I've always had that feeling. Maybe it was even shilled by the Jets FO in an attempt to disrupt and derail, I don't know. All I know is I've enjoyed going to the games immensly but I still have a bad taste in my mouth.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

All games eill be high if manning came! If not then pats and phins will be since he may go there!

8. Section 227. Row 5

I suppose no discussion about the stadium or our willingness to reup for another season would be complete if we didn't include at least something about Peyton Manning.

My feeling is that I don't think it will affect my decision. I see Manning as yet another BandAid. And as Loge said, it has a good chance of blowing up the team. Three neck surgeries doesn't exactly excite the hell out of me. Neither does the Cap Hit. Those are two HUGE factors and most certainly means not going after other players we desperately need.

And then what? He gets injured again and Sanchez is still our QB but we haven't fixed the other problems, even on the O-line, because of Manning? So now we stink up the fiels even worse? I don't think Manning coming here should affect any of us as far as the decision goes. For resale, yes, it would probably pick up teh ticket prices on SH somewhat. But if he goes down, watch ticket prices tumble to new lows.

9. championjets69

Cause it cost me NOTHING to keep him. If one of my renters dropped out & I could not get someone else to rent them by reup time I would immediately return them to the NYJs :sad:

10. Section 227. Row 5

But I'm not dealing with "tenants." I use my seats. You don't. So our situations are different in terms of walking away. You're not using them and enjoying them the way I am, so we're different in that respect. You do understand the difference, I'm sure, and that's why you have no qualms about "immediately returning them to the Jets" and we do.

11. championjets69

Yes but then U should not flame others that are doing exactly the same U R doing :jets:

12. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah but flaming is fun and so is ranting.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Time could soon approach when "Renters" realize they can cherry-pick better seats themselves.... I wonder if they also are required to "rent" the preseason games.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I have re upped for next year. They upgraded my parking to yellow and offered me PSL's and upper closer to 50 but I didn't want any part of an increase in price. I didn't even let them tell me a row. Waiting to see if they honor the half price parking. I kept asking and got the yeah yeah yeah

15. 17a_tailgater

If the Jets built a roof would that have affected Mannings decision?

16. Section 227. Row 5

What the hell? Please explain yourself in the AM.

17. 17a_tailgater

My wife wanted me to renew more than I did.when they said would u like to move closer to the 50 I said only if I pay $95 per tix. Of course they shot me down. I have 6 tix in a row and really I'm just so damn tired of this tix bulllshit. If it wasn't for my kids I would be done. Hell I cancelled once before the 2009 season and my son guilted me into getting season tix.

18. championjets69

If the renters did not take the tix then I would just return them immediately to the NYJs :sad:

19. Section 227. Row 5

17a caved.

We're all doomed.

20. 17a_tailgater

I will not pay for a $105 seat in the uppers. Sorry ain't doing it. I'm in the last $95 section with 6 in a row. If they would lower the price I'd move but being seat prices stayed the same there is no reason to move. I'm right at the Verizon escalator and stairs for exit. Do I want to be near the 50, yes.but I'm not paying over $95