CodeGreen Jets Mock 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Mar 6, 2012.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Round 1. Michael Floyd WR, Notre Dame

I wasn't as much of a fan Floyd a few weeks ago, but I think after the combine he solidified his stock as the second best wideout behind Blackmon.

Round 2. Kelechi Osemele OT/OG, Iowa State

I know Tanny said an early pick would not be used on an offensive lineman, I really hope that is not the case.

Round 3. Markelle Martin S, Oklahoma State

He isnt the best safety in the class, but I think he would be a really good fit in our defense.

Round 4. Coryell Judie CB, Texas A&M

Has good ball skills and likes to come up in run support, maybe a safety project

Round 5. Shea McClellin DE, Boise State

Versatile player, isnt the answer to the Jets pass rush problem. Love his athleticism. HAS to bulk up

Round 6. Senio Kelemente OT, Washington

Good athlete with plus strength, needs to refine technique

Round 7. Jacquies Smith DE, Missouri

Purely a developmental guy, has some raw tools needs a lot of work

#1 CodeGreen, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. casman02

casman02 New Member

Wrong Floyd in the first and I think Shae and Senio will be long gone before the rounds you have em going

3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

It's Michael Floyd haha, Malcom is a WR on the Chargers. I like him a lot as a player and especially like his passion and toughness. We need a player who can open things up for Sanchez and the passing game which will filter down to the running attack. I like his potential as a split end across from Holmes, just don't know if WR
    is something we should be targeting with what is, in my opinion, a severe unit weakness in the LB corps and the right side of the O-line.

Overall though, I do like the positions targeted and most people around here think highly of Osmele. I can't argue against bolstering our offensive line and we definitely need a safety.

I noticed that you went to the well twice to get a OLB from the DE position, in my opinion too little too late. We are dealing with a big time lack of versatility with our LBers. Why not at least grab someone in the fourth rather than take another shot at safety?

I would like to see what all you guys with knowledge of 'lower end' prospects will come up with once we have a better understanding of where we sit after Free Agency. If you're going to do a mock at this point, you should probably list some FA acquisitions you hope to see get done.

#3 Going4TheGreen, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

WOW, sorry bout the Floyd mixup

I see what your saying about the late round guys being a too late. My logic with those guys was that, they werent going to totally solve the problem, but they could help

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Excellent 1st round pick but I worry if Mr.T takes him. Floyd would be the BPA if he makes it by 16 but we might go for a need in OLB or ILB.

Great 2nd and 3rd round picks, I am contempt with both guys at those spots. Would prefer if you took best available RB in the 4th round unless you see us bringing in an external RB as that go to guy with Greene.

Shea will be a 3rd rounder possibly, wishful thinking as a 5th rounder. Wanna see a punt returner or punter or kicker get taken in the late rounds, one of the 3 IMO.

Few things need to be tinkered but overall I would be very, very satisfied with those 1st 3 rounds and if McClellin fell to round 5.

6. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

See I thought Shea would be a third rounder as well, I didnt think his game was as flawed as people think. I've read a couple of places that have real concerns with his strength. If we can get him if Martin is gone and we get him round three I wouldnt have a problem with that

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Code,

You have the privilege of my 10,000th post..:)

I really love all your players, only problem I think most will be gone when the Jets are OTC.

Floyd has clearly established himself as the second best WR in this draft. I don't see Floyd getting out of the top 12. If Floyd fell to the Jets it would be a tough call, I doubt Tanny will draft a WR in Rd 1. I expect a FA WR signing.

I don't want Baker to get too excited, but I would love Floyd and H Smith #1 & #2.

Osemele would be a no brainer in Rd 2, again I think he's going to be selected in the first 5 picks of Rd 2.

Martin is a solid player, I'd prefer Harrison Smith or Tru Johnson but both should be Rd 2 selections. Martin or Iloka would be cool in Rd 3.

Judie is a very under the radar guy, I love his ball skills.

Shea M is on the rise and could be an option in Rd 3 if we don't address the front 7 earlier. I love the Boise State players this year. Boise has 3 or 4 great defensive players in this draft that are going to be solid NFL players. On the offesive side, Doug Martin is a beast and one of my "can't miss" players. If Martin some how, doubtful, falls to #47 he has to be the Jet's pick.

I would have liked to get a RB and a TE in the group, but we will have more than 7 picks (comps).

8. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I'm honored

Yeah I can see what your saying, maybe not so much with Judie because his injury problems may drop him a bit but I could see some team falling in love with one of the guys listed.

Shea was really impressive to watch, flies all over the field

9. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Not a bad mock but with all of the other needs on this team and the # of free agent WR's available I think Tanny loses his job if he drafts a WR in round 1.

10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Unless Floyd absolutely bombs I dont see that happening. Floyd is the only wideout I would consider with that pick. Floyd is probably the BPA and Id rather him than reach for a player who fills a need

11. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Shea Mccllen is a really good football player that I thinks is going in round#2

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah at this point I think if Floyd is there at 16 we have to take him. I think he'll be gone by our pick though unfortunately.

13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Rounds 1&2 would be no brainers with those players. I don't think they will be there when we are OTC. I like the way you think though. :)