Jets...how many wins in 2012?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

4 to 6 wins...locker rooms still a mess.

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Same here. It is early but I think we can take the wildcard spot...although that really depends more on what the other teams do than us. Especially if Miami gets Manning. That'll change the landscape a bit but I think the Bengals will slip a bit which opens up a spot just a matter of if the Jets fill it or someone else. IMO all the other teams will likely stay in.

3. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We played three games last year where the opposing QB completed 10, 9. and 9 passes (Denver, Baltimore, Giants) ... we lost all three. That's beyond ridiculous and I wonder if it's ever even happend before.

You want to give him a pass on the Ravens game ... although he played like complete dogshit and snuffed out what could have been an amazing comeback thanks to the Darius pick 6 ... but OK, I'll give you that.

Nothing more than COMPETENT play in the Giant and Denver games would have given us the W's and you have to be kidding about the Miami game. The Dolphins couldn't move the dman ball an inch for 90% of the game and still managed to win thanks to three of the most ridiculous INT's you'll ever see in an NFL game.

Like I said ... I really don't care what's happeneing around him ... If the offense is struggling to move the ball, that's one thing ... but if you're the starting QB, at the very least you have to be sure not to constantly give the game away. I'm not a Sanchez hater ... but there's no way you can tell me that he didn't cost us the playoffs last year. Out of our 8 losses, at least 3 of them were squarely on him.
    I expect better from him next season.

#64 truthbtold, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The notion that the D cannot give up a drive that ends in a touchdown without getting blamed for a loss, when meanwhile Sanchez has a bad game, is the hallmark argument of a Sanchez Fan.

"Everyone else on the team has to be perfect!"

This is the NFL. Defenses holding oppponents scoreless is hardly typical. The rules, the level of play, the way offenses can put their defenses in bad field position, or make a single score by the opponent the margin of victory because the O has been ineffective all game, make the argument that it's all the D's fault ridiculous.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Some peoples' idea of rebuilding is not having an absolutely perfect roster and having holes to fill at all.

7. Harrier Manc-Jet

No way we miss the post season next year, their are too many lessons that have been learnt from last year and Tanny is drafting for his job so i expect him to get it right this off season

The team was major frustrating last season with glaring needs for a pass rusher cover safeties and a deep threat at WR, if we address this we are not in bad shape at all.

We where 8-5 going into week 13 and no doubt their is room for improvement but the season slipped away on a few big plays on defence that cost us Tebow,Cruz just to name a few. At the end of the day the defence was on the field alot last year due to the offence being inept apart from in the redzone, everyone who played the Jets knew they could not stretch the field so left one safety deep and double covered Holmes and they had us beat.

A Few upgrades on D and Rex will have it top 5 again, it's the offence that needs to step up and if we can stretch the field i see us going 10-6 or 11-5 at a push.

8. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Personally, I prefer dismantling the organization and personnel from the ground up when this situation arises. Sure beats trying to improve your manageable list of weaknesses and compete for the Super Bowl, IMHO.

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

6 Games. An early draft pick.

10. Phear

Phear New Member

Nothing is guaranteed. Simple math though really... Salary cap X 2 + Bigger holes to fill + OC we just hired + Peyton's uncertain health - what Peyton will demand = Not getting Peyton Manning.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah 10 years from now we will still be looking for win #2 in the SB :sad:

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If only they'd invent a time machine already, so your type can go back to 1968 and live there forever.

13. HOI

HOI Active Member

not sure about next year...but i think 7-9 in 2021

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

In the Den game we had a 3 pt lead and the D allowed Tim Tebow to go NINETY FIVE yards in the final minutes- couldn't even hold him to a FG.

In the Gants game we led 7-3 late in the 1st half w/ a 3rd and 10 from the 1 yd line- the D allowed a NINETY NINE yd TD to change the game and the season.

Sanchez and the O deserve to be bshed but so does the D. This was a total team effort to finish just 8-8.

15. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

The Jets have won 12 games (never anymore) exactly one time in their entire existance.

A mediocre 8-8 team will not majically win 12 games next season.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ouch. may the goddess of the achilles tendon visit foxboro next september :)

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geezus can u imagine; 1-15 with kotite is one thing but 0-16 in this day and age.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well according to Patsfan logic,l ast time the Pats lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl, Brady got hurt in the first game of the season.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Why do I want to go back so 68 when I would rather see them win the SB in 2012 or 2013 or 2014, or 2015 so on & so forth ? It is U who appears to be living in 1968 :sad:

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Hahahahahaha what?