Jets Have Said They Wanna Bring Back Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its not even a certainty now. We don't know if hes healthy.

2. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

It's all about his health. If he's healthy this is an absolute no brainer. He's the ideal complement to Holmes and Kerley and we would still likely draft a WR in rounds 2-4 but we would gain tremendous BPA flexibility.

3. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Well I kind of wanted Malcolm Floyd in the draft but I'd much rather have Braylon Edwards and now it should make the first rounder a no brainer. I would get Melvin Ingram over Courtney Upshaw but I would be happy with either one of them and then a safety too. Hopefully Barrons injury drops his stock.

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

If he played last year and was productive, the Jets wouldn't have a chance to sign him at anything even close to a reasonable price. Can't have it both ways.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

i duno that catch he made against the Texans with 46 sec left was pretty serious

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

hes talking about on twitter how much he loved playing for the jets while he was a 49er.

7. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

:up: This is a step in the right direction. If we do get him that doesn't mean we still can't get another wide receiver during the draft.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with any of your general principles, but i think this particular year, there are so many needs that, even going with a sort of modified BPA approach if you will, there will be needs to fill more pressing than a wideout if Edwards has already been signed. Particularly in the higher, early rounds.

Let's put it this way - if the Jets do sign Edwards, I highly doubt we see them go wideout with a first day pick.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I agree with you here. Despite my Floyd man crush if we sign Edwards, a frist round wideout is all but a moot point. Holems, Edwards, Kerley is more than a good enough 3 wide set to enter the season with. If we do this, OL, OLB, and S are much bigger needs. (though if we go S in round one I'll most likely go nuts).

10. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Sign Edwards, and draft some dude in the 3rd round.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

SIGN THIS BEAST!!! We have the perfect opportunity to get him for a great price. We should pull the trigger. This guy made our offense complete. We just weren't the same without him.

12. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

"@AdamSchein Great breakdown by @RichGannon12 on % of Sanchez picks that were thrown in the direction of Braylon Edwards."

Anybody listen to this segment? Curious if it was a high or low number. Guessing it's high since Gannon is no fan of Braylon.

13. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

get edwards and then draft aj jenkins! he showed great combine numbers, but didnt produce in college much since his qb didnt get him the ball that often (our qb was a run first pass second, and they would always double him and we dont have a good 2nd) , so he'll probably go in the later rounds, but not too late.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

To be fair most of those picks were thrown during his rookie year where he didn't get Braylon until game 5.

15. Fraze27

Fraze27 New Member

Flight Boys 2K12
    Holmes-Edwards-Kerley

16. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

yeah, too bad we don't have a time machine to send us back to 2004

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they can get a safety in FA, and preferably go OLB in the first round of the draft, assuming it's not too off BPA.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not listening, but I'm sure it was 0% last year.

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Bringing Braylon back would be the highligt of our offseason. To be completely honest, I wanted Braylon back much more than Santonio. I understand Holmes had a bunch of game-winners, but Sanchez's chemistry with Braylon was much better. We took away his deep threat and look what we got, and old ass, crackhead of a receiver who couldn't get any separation. BRING BACK BRAYLON!!!!!

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Total, absolute no-brainer. He was our best receiver in 2010 and the best blocking receiver we've had in a long time. For the right price, it's a great move. I just hope Edwards doesn't hold it against our FO for totally neglecting him for a washed up, 34 year old who hasn't played football in 2 years... for more money than he ended up signing for. $2-3 mil a year for 2 years? Sign me up.