AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Hershcel's farm is a pipe dream. They will soon figure out that it isn't safe to stay there.

With that being said, the reason character development has been a bigger part of this arc is that a lot more things go wrong when they are on the road and hanging out on the farm has cut down the body count.

When they get back on the road they will lose more people and if the character development has been done correctly we will care about the people who get killed later.

Much like 24 anyone not named Jack Bauer (In this case Carl) can die at any time. No one is safe from the zombie apocalypse and that is what keeps it interesting.

If they leave the farm soon and follow the comic books, things will pick up bigtime in a hurry.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

They are on the farm for the rest of the season I believe.

3. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

There's some serious nerd-rage in this thread.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I like this show.

What I don't understand if why the haters continue to watch.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

this past week's episode was very good...We need more of these instances where the people are fighting off zombies in ghost towns or scary roads...Nice makeup effects on that zombies face breaking through the car window

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I've wondered this myself lol.

But they've signed on for another 16 episode season 3.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Because this show has pretty high potential and comes from good source material. At some point it should become something more than the continual nothing with 20 minutes of brilliance every now and then.

8. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I have a feeling it's gonna get better. Most shows go through ebbs and flows during their seasons.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Yes, this is why I keep watching as well. The source material is great and there are still some zombies here and there.

My biggest problem is I don't FEEL like there is a zombie apocalypse going on half the time. They seem so slow and easy to kill it's hard to believe there was an apocalypse at all. When a guy and a girl (who just learned how to shoot a gun the day before) can take down a whole mob pretty easily, how am I to believe that the armed forces would have had no problem wiping this thing out?

They need to thin the cast by about half, and soon. If they wipe out the shitty characters this thing could get back on track at least.

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

You wanted zombies....you got 'em.

Another strong week.

11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Rick pisses me off, cap the Kid and move on. He was shooting at him, Shane is right.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It was also a bit ridiculous... they are outside firing off shots and beating the snot out of one another, and until the glass is broken, the sleeping zombie mob finally goes "hey, I smell dinner!". And they weren't going to clear the buildings for walkers and supplies?

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The whole show was been littered with continuity problems.

However, this season is absolutely stronger than any other season.

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

This show has an identity crisis. That farm needs to burn the fuck down or something.

Great zombie scenes this week. Too bad they wasted half the episode on the suicidal crybaby. Am I the only one that wished she had succeeded?

15. grumpynyjetsfaninME

all they little stuff thats happen now is going to come in full circle in the 3rd season.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it might take the rest of the season but they will leave the farm and things will crank up a few notches.

They have announced the casting of a character from the comics that is probably the biggest challenge that these guys will face.

17. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I have to re-watch this after work.

I got drunker than Edgar Allan Poe last night, and can't remember any of it.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I thought it was terrible. sure, the zombie segments were great but the suicide sub plot was not only written laughably horribly but then edited into the episode with absolutely no sense of flow to the exposition.

Rick is fighting zombies, cut to the sisters talking suicide for 30 seconds, and back to Shane for more zombies. it would be one thing if those suicide scenes were juxtaposing the zombie action, but they were just randomly thrown in places.

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Maybe Carl was getting his shot at directing an episode... :breakdance:

20. joolander

joolander New Member

This show just flat out sucks now. Every character is unlikable including Carl. He's portrayed as a straight up bitch. Its time for him to unload some bullets on either Shane or some zombies. Lets be real growing up in a zombie apocalypse should make you hard as fuck, especially after surviving a gun shot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk