17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just by a show of replies, if the jets eliminated tailgating would you
    A) stay a season ticket holder
    B) drop your season tickets and just cherry pick off of stubhub
    C) not go at all and watch on your big screen TV at home

i would definitely cherry pick.
    the tailgating is the only thing saving me from cherry picking. i would not pay for preseason and all the crappy games.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Tailgating is huge. So huge that people are willing to give up a really good, closeup view of the actual game. The trade-off is that the tailgating makes up for a lot of the other inconveniences... consuming your entire day, the travel, the expense, putting up with the weather, etc.

So truth be known, take away the tailgaing and you pretty much take away 70% of the reason for going there. I'd probably drop altogether and watch on TV. Fire up the Weber outside the back door and get the best of both worlds without even having to drive there.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Speaking of Webers and doing your own tailgating at home. I recently had my local plumber tap off my gas line in my basement and run that 1" line through the foundation and out to where my grille is. I got myself a natural gas Weber and have it on the gas line with a quick disconnect and even a shut-off valve for emergencies. It'll cost you about $500 or so for the plumbing (or for me, the cost of one of Woody's Preseason Games).

But I'll tell you what. You fire up that Weber on high, close the lid and go back inside and get your Ribeyes out of the fridge. Season them up and get all your other stuff ready.

After that natural gas Weber gets blasting hot (it'll peg the needle past 600 degrees), you go back outside, open the lid, throw the steaks on and close the lid again. Open after 2 minutes, turn 1/4 turn for grille marks, then close again. Wait another 2 minutes, open and flip. Close the lid again and wait 1 minute.

This is what I call my "5 minute Ribeye Special." I'm going to tell you what, you'll think you are in Peter Lugar's. THe steaks are seared perfectly and deleicious as hell. And you can even do this in January... that's how freaking hot that Weber gets with the natural gas piped in.

Who needs Woody';s stinking parkling lot?

4. no psls

no psls Banned

C) not go at all and watch on your big screen TV at home

- been tailgating since Shea ; if they built the Downtown monstrosity when the Olympics came , I would have bolted then .

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i thought that someone said that they couldnt do it because of weight limits and some new rules. its just completely frustrating that many of these new stadiums are so damn spread out. i hate it.... it wouldnt surprise me one bit though if you are absolutely correct, the braintrust on this project should be beaten continuously for decades.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Might as well be back at Shea. Even in the Lower PSL sections, my first thought as my rep sat me in Row 23 or whatever was.... "Christ, you're paying all this money and it's as spread out as Shea was. We're going back in time. Too low to see the action and spread way TF out." To get any elevation advantage (to watch the plays develope, you've got to get way the hell back there. But then you defeat the purpose of getting the elevation because you're so damned far from the field.

UD Primes solve the elevation problem to watch the plays develop, but now you need a Hubble Space Telescope to see the individual action.

Giants Stadium was a thing of beauty from a purely football design standpoint. The old expression was never truer about the place: "Not a bad seat in the house."

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats the most frustrating thing about it, in the old stadium for 75 bucks a game you were high enough to see the play develop and close enough to know if curtis martin brushed his teeth....

now for 7500 bucks for the right to buy 450 dollar seats per game you are higher and WAY WAY WAY further back. it makes me queasy just thinking about it. and then to hear all these guys talk about how great it is drives me completely insane. i just cant comprehend how you could ever in a million years come to the conclusion that this stadium is great in comparison to the old one.

8. Section316

Section316 Active Member

You cant drastically overhang the decks as much as you once could, because the decks are much heavier than they used to with all the suites, clubs etc stacked on top of each other adding weight, but you certainly can overhang them a hell of a lot more than they are at MetLife.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am cherry picking now but if they did away with tail gaiting I would NEVER go. Why did u pose this question,,,,,,,just curious

10. Section 227. Row 5

Ah... but that's an easy one to answer. Today's lilly-livered, spoon-fed, spoiled rotten, pampered youngster MUST HAVE all the amenities. They don't want to be cold. They can't take temperatures below 68 or above 72 (and I am not kidding... there are medical studies indicating the effects on people who have lived their entire lives in climate-contolled environments to the degree that their bodies cannot take more than a couple of degrees variation without being very uncomfortable).

So this youngster has come of age now and demands... yes, DEMANDS to have the enclosed lounges, air conditioned if it's above 72 and, God forbid, if it's below 68, they better be heated because they'll "catch pnuemonia." So these are the newbies with daddy's money who the Jets targeted to buy all the really expensive Club PSLs. And for the mnost part, they got the crowd they wanted.

You evict the degenerate low-lifes in the Mezz and Lowers who, although they were devout Jets fans who came to every game and who paid their fucking bill on time every fucking year for 27 years, nonetheless these classless dirtbag vermin who like to eat in the parking lot and never contribute much in the way of food revenues... these guys have to be shaken out of their spots to make room for the new generation who "really appreciates" all that the Club Lounges offer in the way of creature comforts.

I oftern wonder how this nation even recruits the young men and women today that I see in the military, for example. Where are they getting these completely dedicated, brave people who aren't afraid to be in the rain, weather the cold and heat, get shot at, blown up even, for "God and Country?" They certainly aren't recruiting many of them from the NY area, unless they're from old school immigrant parents who hook up a window A/C unit in the living room once it hits 95 or so. Otherwise, open the window if you're too hot, son.

Seriously, this is the Jets fan of today. When you get a guy who raves about the amenities in this new mausoleum, that's the pansie in him. He denegrates and impugns the old stadium with a vengeance because the amenities weren't good enough for him. It makes you wonder why they even want to go the games at all. Why not just stay TF home with the central A/C blasting and not even bother to have to walk from the car through that stinking, stiffling, hot sweaty parking lot with all the smoke and beer and losers standing around sweating and throwing footballs? What a bunch of fucking Neanderthal degenerates.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If U running a poll when I went to the games I NEVER/EVER tailgated :sad:

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

Not go at all. Take the basement and hook it up real nice with the money I'm saving and have parties down there.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Really? If the Jets are 11-3 playing the Pats in December that's not a great day? So one Jet game in december counts for a weeks vacation with the family. 15 yard penalty for piling on. I still live for big games in December AT HOME LIVE!!!!!

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

I do to but how often do we get them? Beating the Chiefs wasn't a big game and we got our asses humiliated by the Giants. The year before lost to the Dolphins and beat the Bills in a meaningless game. Not only that even the big games in December can usually be bought at or below face value.

15. Section 227. Row 5

What's the likelyhood of the Jets being 11-3 and playing the Pats in December? How many freaking years do we have to wait for that?

I call a "Sunshine Penalty" flag on this post. 15 fucking yards.

#13455 Section 227. Row 5, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  16. Section 227. Row 5

15 yards and 1st down.

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

The prior owner to my house wanted a Viking oven in the house. When he redid the kitchen, he ran a line from a giant propane tank into the kitchen and a 2nd line onto the back deck. With that much propane, we call the Weber the Nuclear Power Plant.

BUT - the best use of that unlimited propane is low heat. I make killer pulled pork using low heat for about 10 hours. Until I get a giant smokehouse installed in the back yard, it does a pretty good job.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

19. 17a_tailgater

got an email the darrelle Revis signed football is not available anymore for those doing the payment installments

20. 17a_tailgater