17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

It is how any event is. Hours before the game or show and you have 50 tickets and you realize they are not selling you just want to get your money back. You hope for face value, if you make over great if not you take a loss. Always sell early and set the market high. Best advise to everyone using Stubhub and NFL ticket exchange!

2. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Don't say it happens with all events, most people on here want to believe it only applies to Ny Jets tickets.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

"It would be more than $10 bucks i would think more like $50 "

You might think it's $50 but I can say it is not :wink:

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is starting to sound like ROJF: the abbreviations, the "Tonto" Language, the constant drone of Scalper "inside knowledge,"... I don't know but it's sufficiently suspicious.

5. Section 227. Row 5

I like your posts, BTW, but please tell me you're not ROJF.

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

It is not a smaller market issue. Since the size of the field is fixed, the number of good seats is limited. With luxury boxes and club seats taking up a lot of room in modern stadiums, the number of good seats is around 65-70k. To get above that, you need a lot of UD seats high in the Sky and/or the corners. In the long run, bad seats drive down the price of good seats and hurts total rev to the team. The reams don't reall want any cheap seats available.

The issues apply to baseball which is why the new Yankee stadium has fewer total seats than the old one. Note, the new stadium is bigger than the old one: the luxury amenities got all the extra space and the cheap seats got pushed out.

In basketball, newer arenas rarely seat more than old ones. Same issues with football stadiums. The new FedEx Forum has almost 2000 fewer Seats than the Pyramid did. The Spurs moved out of the Alamodome because it had to many bad seats and not enough expensive ones.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Who is rojf? I just graduated and getting my masters. Im an accountant and like to look at the number side of psl and jets tix. Yes if jets suck and go 4-12 for next 3 year but right now im keeping 8 psl see if i get super bowl tix when it comes here then reassess everything.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

jerseyboy is not rojf. i can tell in the posts.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jersey I am not going to tell YOU what people can or cannot get for their tickets. I just go by what I have seen online, asked broker friends and actually paid myself. I did not pay alot at all last year and I sat in sideline seats as well as endzone.
    I have seen where you have posted on other threads about past sales and your psls for sale , and you should know what you have gotten for your seats. If you are making money on them I say well done , I just know you aint making money ( at least not $50 or better ) off of me :wink: As I said I paid over in most cases ( actually under face in one case ) but it was slightly over,,closer to face than what you suggested.
    on a side note I guess the reps are making calls and sending e mails asking current ticket holders "if they can do anything for them "
    stay tuned.

pss is this guy here under another name or is he thankfully gone 4 eva ? read below
    cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeap, the one friendly face each week is the stadium person for our section. Jet fan that took the job to see the games for free. We give him a sandwich each week. He's the only person we can count on other then the guy in front who wears a Riggin's Redskin jersey that has been going to games for 20 years. He does not live and die with the Jets, he thinks its funny when I have this look of despair on my face, just another reason to hate the new place. Where are my old friends.... they are spread out in the UD. That's where.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, I have that email and ANOTHER new rep. He's number 8 or so but doesn't know it because he sounds new.

But it's pathetic, there's no other way to put it. I haven't paid my invoice yet and if I'm reading between the lines correctly, so haven't many others. Hence, the reason for a "rep" to have to even bother to email or call.

If the checks were rolling in they wouldn't have to have a full time staff making the calls, but just the fact that they still are tells me they're fighting that headwind again.

He's not here to "help you" or anyone else. He's here to try to stop the massive landslide and defection rate. I told him I want an upgrade BEFORE I pay my bill, so he looked for me but there was supposedly nothing. So I will have to callhim back.

But this is what is happening, as we all predicted. People in the upper rows in the UD are calling these guys and telling them, "give me a good upgrade or I'm freaking gone." And they're doing it. Just be careful right now, because I have a gut feeling they are still holding back like always... give you an upgrade that's only 3 rows closer when they are holding back on the Primes and so forth. They know they can fill the closer rows, it's the 10-23s they're worried about.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont think it would be possible for him to come under a different name for long. he has one of those unmistakable attitudes. i did wonder yesterday where he has been and went and looked and he got banned for 14 days in the end of january so he is definitely unbanned at this point, his status also no longer says banned.... im sure that simply bringing him up will bring him back from the dead

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that makes sense. also the fact that they double the boxes and push everything back because they arent allowed to build decks over eachother really creates a problem.

i know we talked about it in the past but can anyone explain to me why exactly they cant overhang the decks like they used to in the earlier generation stadiums? is it a safety thing with all the weight and no support beams? if so why do they allow the stadiums that have that configuration to still exist and they arent forcing them to be changed?

i cant stand when things are spread out.

14. Section 227. Row 5

I think with enough steel I-beams anything is possible. Look what they do with bridges and office buildings with overhangs, etc.

I think this stadium was designed from the lounges and interior amenities out, as opposed to designing it from the field on in. Just my opinion of course, and I'm not an engineer.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Alleycat I hope the guy we are talking about stays burried!

In keeping with the thread-----> to anyone who wants or is offered an upgrade,,,,,,the last conversation I had over the phone before I said "I AM DONE / GONE/ NO LONGER WANT THE TICKETS went like this

Nice lady said all the rite things----she " did not want to lose me " hoped I "had a change of heart" said that "if I reconsidered , to call her and she would reactivate my account"--------before this call I knew of people who were offered locations that were more desireable than what I had. I knew that I was 99 percent a goner before the conversation but wanted to hear what they had to say. She offered me a few rows up / same section. I said I wanted " closer/ as close to the 50 as possible ". She said not doable / I was done / gone.
    Be prepared to play hardball because in the past 4 years they have NOT BEEN STRAIGHT FORWARD or TRUTHFUL. For whatever reason it is how they CONTINUE to operate. Best of luck all

cbg < -----" no longer on sg3 's permanent ignore list because sg3 is once again banned for 7 days. oops my mistake he was reinstated today / and lasted about an hour and is now banned for another 14 days [/B]

16. Jerseyboyisback

Trust me I undersand I sometimes when I know I can get alot of money like giants game I sold row 7 section 124 for 375 each on stub hub. and 250 cash row 20 section 126. I ended up buying tickets last minute for 175 in the mez and going.

17. Section 227. Row 5

I think everyone here who is responding to your posts trusts you and believes you are actually generating this kind of "return on investment."

I also think some are trying to warn you, based upon experience. I know at least I am. You are supporting 8 PSLs + tickets and apparently holding your own for now, but as is the case with most younger Jets fans who went all in, they never experienced what it is like during lean years.... I am talking losing seasons back to back.

This is why my recommendation would be to try to dump 4 of the PSLs if you can, while the sun is still shining somewhat. Perhaps the best time to unload has already passed, but it may not be too late to at least sell the 4 PSLs and break even on them and out from under. This is, of course, unless you have 8 people who want to religiously go to all games, every year, including Preseasons, from now until eternity.

What I am saying is, you don't know how ugly it gets if things get worse than 8-8. The numbers you are looking at now? Cut them in half. Perhaps even a third. My concern is your exposure with 8 PSLs put you at extreme risk should all hell break loose.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I am trying to get my FR seats moved more towards the middle of the field still in the FR.

19. Section316

Section316 Active Member

You would be correct. It would not be very hard at all to overhang the decks, as they were at Giants Stadium with no support columns in the seating bowl. There are fairly substantial overhangs with the 3 tiers at Citi Field, which also has 0 support columns. There was obviously some sort of decision to start each tier behind the tier below, instead of on top, hanging over.

If I had to be cynical and guess why, it was to inflate the "value" of the club seats. People will put more of a premium on having access to a climate controlled indoor club with a view of the field when there are just about no seats in the stadium protecting them from the weather, except for Mezz B, which are genuinely horrible seats. If there were thousands more 100 and 200 level seats protected from the elements, like for example, rows 28-up in the 100s and all of Mezz A like the old place, people might think longer and harder before basically doubling their ticket price for the right to be indoors in the rain/snow.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

At least your rep "looked" Mine just told me nothing could be done but I'm also not stressing. I would prefer to remain a season ticketholder but if the Jets don't upgrade me I may just never go to a game again. Why give money to an organization that treats fans like crap? I can stay in the parking lot or watch from home and use that money to take a nice vacation year and let's be honest we can get more out of a vacation then a Jets game in December that's 35 degrees with wind and rain.